Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

About the next R4 DS loader

Great news!

I've recently been in contact with the R4 team and I've been able to gather some very nice information about the next R4 DS loader!
  • First off, I've been asked to translate the R4 DS loader to french; and to correct the english version aswell. So my (easy) guess is that the next loader should be available in multiple languages, and that all the lovely engrish expressions (final revise... ha!) will finally be wiped out.
  • The engineers are working on DLDI auto-patching, and this should definitely be in the next loader. For those who don't know what DLDI is, read this excellent DLDI tutorial. DLDI auto-patching means you no longer have to patch homebrew before copying them to your microSD card - the loader does it for you, patching the homebrew on-the-fly.
  • Last but not least, they are working on fixing download play. But I don't know if this will be in the next loader.

Stay tuned for more R4 DS news!

icon11.gif
Visit the official R4 DS website

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to see updates for the card come so regularly, unlike my other card, the Ds-Xtreme. Really like the updates from the R4 team. Good to hear.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
If they really fix the Download Play feature, there's no reason IMO to buy a CycloDS Evolution.
The DLDI auto-patching thingy is for really lazy people
tongue.gif
I mean..it can be done with 2 clicks

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Now let's hope they fix the spring in the microSD slot in a new hardware revision too.
I also got an EZFlash V and love the springless "hidden" slot (it's on the side, not on the top of the cart).

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4 - CycloDS wars BEGIN NOW!
See kids, competition is a GOOD THING, it drives innovation and improvement! Thats why windoze sucks
wink.gif

I'm not drooling over any of the announcements, but the DLDI auto-patching would be a nice icing on the delicious M3/R4 cake (that is also assuming the M3 team just keeps re-branding the R4 firmware).

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds great!

I wonder what will happen if you update and then run a program that was already DLDI patched on the new loader. Would it whack out?

As far as the download play....I think I may have only used that feature one time, just to see it work, and that was long before I ever got into flashcarts. Still cool if they could get that working though.

If they DO get DL play working, I wonder if it would be a result of them backwards engineering the CycloDS to figure out how THEY did it.
shifty.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head