DS #1094: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just played a few levels and...its bloody good! Seriously, I thought it would be terrible like the last game but it works well. Feels like a old school PSX platform slasher game. The duels are touchscreen and works but you only have duels when you meet the end guy, sort of like a boss. To slash you either draw up down left or right, to block you use the buttons and d-pad and to finish the boss off you do a little pattern like in Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow.

The 3D doesn't hinder it like most of these movie tie ins, although occasionally the camera does hide you at times but its not that often. Normal sword battles is just button bashing but its not too repetitive due to the enemy blocking so you just have to press x to kick them out of the block so you can finish them off with the sword. Its also good to sneak up on them and press the x button to do a swift fast kill.

Overall based on the first few levels this is a pretty good platform slasher, some very nice touches and the touchscreen bits (picking locks and duels) work fairly well. The first few levels are also fairly lengthy which makes a change.

This should be the standard for other tie in games.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, I might try it then
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of pirate games, anyone heard anything about Pirate Battle from Orbital Media? Was really looking forward to that couple years back, last I heard was that last year the GBA version was dropped and that it would be a DS & PSP title. Are OM even still in business, they were suppose to do Racing Gears 2 late last year.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOH!....me likey!
smile.gif
I wasn't expecting this to show up so soon, such a nice surprise to wake up to.

Works perfectly on an R4....just thought I'd mention that since a few recent games don't.

Dennos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please somebody can help me i cant play this game on the supercard lite rumble please sombody help me

(im dutch too)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh