Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Wii DVD to SD Dumper v0.1 released

By emu_kidid

A new (beta) Wii and Gamecube disc dumper has been released by emu_kidid, the creator of GCOS. This piece of software will allow you to rip a Wii or Gamecube game straight to a SD memory card inserted into your Wii in just over 1 hour!

Note that you need some sort of SD card adapter for a Gamecube memory card slot, and a way of booting Gamecube homebrew.
emu_kidid said:
BETA RELEASE

Notes:

- Uses experimental libogc fixes on libsdcard

- Rips a Wii game in 1.2hrs.. 5hrs on shitty SD cards

- Compatable on a GC console or a Wii console

- No modchip needed, just boot it somehow

- Read Error detection and retry mechanism implemented

- Dont cry if your SD card is formatted accidently!

- If you switch off the console or take out the SD card etc then there will be a non-deletable file on your SD card and you will need to format it again.
download.gif
Download DVDtoSD 0.1
icon11.gif
Source

Thanks to Critical_Impact for the heads up.

Saosin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So if the game is bigger than the sd card I just take it out and dump it on my PC's HDD and reinsert the card into my Wii after that, correct?

EDIT: Ok saw Critical_Impacts post. Another question though, will the ISO's always have the exact size of 4,699,979,776 bytes when I've used this tool (and converted to ISO using RawDump 2.0)?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hot damn, I do not know why (my guess is because all this was kickstarted for me when an ISDN connection was godlike and a cable modem the stuff of legends) but I always like being able to dump my own stuff.

@squall3031 as it says up there 1.2 hours, even with usenet at it fastest I would be hard pressed to beat that. Even then messing with parity files and the like which tends to want to happen (although I have not used usenet recently and I was using a crappy provider) is no fun.

Oh and Scorpei's mem card to SD guide to save a search: http://ngc.scorpei.com/GUIDE-SD_adapter.html

One minor problem: I still need a Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.