Wii DVD to SD Dumper v0.1 released

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
nice program, i wonder how to join the files though... anyway im weary of using it just for the wear and tear factor dumping would have on your wii drive, its much easier and cheaper to get hold of an rawdump compatible lg drive imho!

emoo55

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The only way right now to get this program to work is with a modchip no other way! I can see it as a good gamecube program but wiikey will have the program there for you but i cant really say anything untill it out!

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This could get expensive. An 8GB SD card will NOT hold a dual-layer game, assuming Wii has any yet.

PSO won't work. Wii doesn't allow you to connect a Gamecube BBA.

Do you people read at all. YOU CAN GET THE PROGRAM TO SPLIT THE IMAGE, YOU DUMP 1GB, PUT IT ON THE COMPUTER, THEN DUMP ANOTHER 1GB AND REJOIN AT THE END.

emoo55

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Does it matter the the size of the sd card is? Like if it 512mb will it work.
I know its going to take a while but still does it work with nay size of sd cards?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
as was said earlier it will dump the game until the card is full, then it will stop while you copy the file to your pc, and then continue dumping the next bit of data when you reinsert the sd card...

also, i believe you choose the size setting of your sd card using the L and R buttons

hope that helps, i haven't or won't try it myself

dunderhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I also don't understand how this program can run on your console without being modded, etc. I understand how the program works, it's just getting it to run that I can't comprehend. Let me know.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can boot .dol files using a softmod method which people have been doing for a long time now (remember this is Gamecube type stuff). Basically all you need is Action Replay and a SD adapter. Or a max drive pro. Or AR and a standard memory card that has been modified on a GC via BBA so it'll run homebrew...

If using your SD adapter to boot the dol file, it might be a good idea to take out the SD card you're booting off and put a blank one in.

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I also don't understand how this program can run on your console without being modded, etc. I understand how the program works, it's just getting it to run that I can't comprehend. Let me know.

With Action Replay you have to enter 23 codes in and basically its a program that runs SDLoad and allows you to run homebrew. Esentially Action Replay patches itself in memory and runs a booter which allows code to run from the sd card. Once running GC homebrew access to the drive is granted and you can do anything you want with it apart from maybe enabling debug commands so you cant boot backup games but you can certainly read data from it.

D

Deleted User

This could get expensive. An 8GB SD card will NOT hold a dual-layer game, assuming Wii has any yet.

PSO won't work. Wii doesn't allow you to connect a Gamecube BBA.

Do you people read at all. YOU CAN GET THE PROGRAM TO SPLIT THE IMAGE, YOU DUMP 1GB, PUT IT ON THE COMPUTER, THEN DUMP ANOTHER 1GB AND REJOIN AT THE END.

The posts above his were clearly talking about running a game directly from an SD card. They were talking about running a game directly from an SD card ... and he was just saying how it's not financially sound to have a game on an SD card anyway because DVDs are much cheaper than SD cards. And it would be a tremendous hassle to keep erasing and copying an ISO to an SD card just to play a game. And on top of that 8GB SD cards can't hold a dual layer game.

So the question really is ... do YOU read at all? And fix your caps lock key ... I think it's stuck.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this program support the FAT32 file system in order to even use 4GB cards? 8 GB cards are entirely out of the question, the only 8 GB cards that exist are SDHC which requires a slightly different slot.

Even if you use a 4 GB card, it'll have to be split up for Wii isos anyway, my 4GB card really is more like 3.7 GB, and even the compressed games are at least 4.1GB, so I wouldn't advise anyone to go buy a 4GB card just for this.

Also, do we know for sure that the Wii supports dual-layer discs anyway? I would think Maybe the reason there will need to be a separate Wii for DVD playback is because it can only read single layer discs (unlikely, but its possible).

Edit: Never mind, the Nintendo site says it supports dual layer discs.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see this as a good thing for the entire homebrew community, the more people rip games, the more we get to learn and understand the Discs better, hopefully even creating a soft mod. (Please, make this happen Jesus, Moses, and co!)

First, i'd like to say that the first part of your post did not seem like joking... the f-word makes it a bit too serious. I'm no admin but that (to me) sounded plain mean.

Also, i'd like to mention that Jesus has only dumped a few wii games (to my knowledge) xD I find it ironic.

Oh yeah, and sorry for the double post, i don't know how to quote when i edit my own post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.