Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack In House

GBA, Rumble, Ram

GBAtemp.net has a first look at the EZ-Flash V Bundle Pack which includes and EZ-Flash V and 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. For a review of the Expansion Pack which arrived today check back soon, but for now read our EZ-Flash V review.

icon11.gif
For more pictures and discussion, click here.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Sorry for bein very rude
nyanya.gif
but can you plz try to see if it works with other Slot-1 carts i.e. R4/M3?

And i am sure i am speaking for others too.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to test that out khan. But the EZ Team tell me that the Expansion Pack is only supported by the EZ-Flash V. They will make tools and code available that will allow other carts to take advantage of it however (inlcuding homebrew, which is something to be very excited about).

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok so this is the card to play GBA games, replace the rumble kit and the opera ram extention ? I'm wondering how good it's working (at least for opera & GBA
wink.gif
)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
All official rumble supported games that I've tried work perfectly fine. They don't need patching at all. The rumble pack is a little loud like the original rumble pack but it gives off a nice vibration. You have three different rumble strengths to choose from, Low, Medium and Hard. You can select the strength by pressing L+R in the EZ-V loader.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think all your questions will be answered in the upcoming review.

I'm really excited about this product. I think I'll probably finally go slot-1 with this unless the review is abysmal.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The opera browser doesn't need to be patched but I'll test that out a little later. It's rather late at night here so I might not be online much longer, you'll have to wait till I add it to me EZ-Flash V review.

Early impression are extremely positive. I have a white DS Lite as you can see by the pics but I don't mind too much that the expansion pack only comes in black. It looks fine.

The build quality is great, very sturdy. It sticks out of the slot ever so slightly, just a tiny little bit which you can hardly notice. I'm very happy with the product, I'll test it some more tomorrow.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome cant wait, and this does look like its a different paint coating then the eziv and it also looks like it fits alot flusher instead of 'rocking' in the gba slot like the eziv. Cant wait for the review!
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I believe the EZTeam will be selling the bundle packs any day now. You will only be able to get the Expansion Pack if you buy the bundle pack which includes the EZ-Flash V.

For those of you who already have an EZ-Flash V but want an Expansion Pack talk to your retailer about it, they should be able to sell you the pack separately.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, do any stores have this in stock? All stores I see have the EZ-V in stock but not the 3 in 1 expansion pack bundle. Will it add to the cost of the EZ-V? I'm pretty sure that many stores don't even know what it is.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBA roms work perfectly too.

You must copy the GBA roms to your micro sd card with the EZ4 Client (you need to patch them).

Then you must write the rom from the ez-v to the expansion cart by pressing R+Select and you can launch it via R+A. The rom stays on the expansion cart until you write a different rom to it.

There is 256mbit of space to play with. Writing the rom takes about 30 seconds, which may vary due to the size of some games.

So far the expansion pack seems like the ultimate slot-2 device.

daps83777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i still have a ds phat so i need a non ds light sized cart, any word on if they are going to offer that option, or if they might have a gba sized cart that you could place it in, i believe M3 did something like that, you could take the components out of the ds light cart and put them into a gba cart. i think that option is always a neat idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-