Hacking any ways to flash a DS using passcard 3?

mackster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys atm i have a passcard 3 and im wanting to flash my DS but i dont wanna buy the superpass so is there anyway i can flash my DS using my passcard 3 nopass device??

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As long as you have a DS flash cart in the GBA slot that is compatible with your passcard 3 then you sure can.

You just need to copy the flashme.nds file to your cart directly (not using your flashcart software) and run it once you boot the cart.

Please provide more details as in which flashcart you have and what DS you have for some greater assistance.

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should be able to flash both your DS lite and phat with that setup.
You may want to check this thread for some advice and precautions for flashing the lite.

I've done many now without any problem, both lite and phat. I'm doing two new black DS lites tomorrow.

Good luck!

You may be better off posting in the "FlashMe (Firmware Replacements)" Forum if you require any more help.

mackster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks lots dude helped heaps lol one last question how do i flash with a passme do i just leave it in or do i take it out then run the firm ware program then put it in ? lol sorry about this

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
When I was using a PassMe2, I first had to execute the proper SRAM file on the SuperCard before sliding in the PassMe, and then I turned off the console and powered it back on and executed FlashMe.nds.

Dunno about the original PassMe though, if that's what you're using.

mackster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i did flash my DS phat with Flashme 7 by using a passcard 3 and it worked like a charm!! thanks all..but atm im having mixed feelings about flashing my lite =S

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ConraDargo I believe you should perhaps read the thread, at least the first sentance of the first post
tongue.gif

mackster, I have NEVER had nor seen any problem when flashing a lite.
Lots of people seem concerned about it and believe it may be able to "brick" your DS but in my experience you would have to really screw up for that to happen.

Insulate your shorting tool and you should be fine. I'm not going to guarantee you won't stuff up but I really think that if you can flash the phat you can flash your lite.

Check that thread I linked above, it is very descriptive.

Oh yeah, congrats on the phat flash!
biggrin.gif

mackster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeha thanks lots man that link helped allot and yes when some people think that flashing a DS means like briking your DS and stuff but really its so damn simple take your time even if you dont feel comfortable just stop have a glass of water then start again =D what ever you do just dont get the shakes lol for people wanting to flash with a nopass device =D or flashing in general

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.