PS1/2 Ps2 play PS1 backups

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a fat ps2, you don't even need a mod, u just need an original ps1 game

Go to the PS2 browser (where you see the memory card icon and u can copy/delete saves from memory card, etc), put in the original PS1 game, and a CD icon should show up, use a swap card to open up the tray, put the ps1 backup CD, slide the pin back with swap card, and select the CD icon. It should play ^^

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but isn't the disc spinning in this case? Also i guess, on most fat ps2s(all before V9), it will freeze on the playstation logo as the ps2 does a disc check at this place.

I only know of this method:
(only works on V9/10, maybe slims, don't know)
1. Insert retail ps1 game
2. Go to the Browser, let the Browser identify the disc as ps1 game
3. Start uLaunchELF
4. Make uLaunchELF stop the drive(spinning of the disc)
5. Swap for the backup
6. Select, boot disc, or what's it called in uLaunchELF

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a special app made for ps1 backups like cogswap except it worked on ps1 games
it only worked with a few later ps2 fat models

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jampashley1996 said:
how do install uLaunchELF to PS2? and how do i use it? (sorry for noobish question, but iv never even herad of it b4)

You said that you have a softmodded ps2. By this i assume you have Free McBoot which adds a uLaunchELF option to your ps2 main menu. If you don't have Free McBoot, then look what it is, and the rest will be pretty obvious to you.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sorry, but isn't the disc spinning in this case? Also i guess, on most fat ps2s(all before V9), it will freeze on the playstation logo as the ps2 does a disc check at this place.

umm, after the browser identifies the CD, it stops spinning, I've done it all the time and it works. Also, my fat is below V9. Alternatively, you could do a force swap while it's spinning. That is, put in an original PS1 game, then as it flashes on the PS1 logo, pull the drive out with swap tool and put in backup. It should play after that...

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there was an app called psx launcher its like the swap method but tells ya when to do each step plus you have lots of time because on the disc swap method its good but you need to be quite fast because it must be at the psx logo so if you can launch elfs psx launcher is the way to go

Edit : Im not sure about the fat but for slim you need youre sensors blocked

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
there is a COGSWAP.ELF that will launch either dvd or cd doesnt matter and it stops the drive from spinning so you can swap and restart the drive again when your ready
Sorry my bad it notices PSX but doesnt load them but does load PS2 DVD i dont have a PS2 origanal CD disk to test

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comfaithgenesisraven said:
there was an app called psx launcher its like the swap method but tells ya when to do each step plus you have lots of time because on the disc swap method its good but you need to be quite fast because it must be at the psx logo so if you can launch elfs psx launcher is the way to go

Edit : Im not sure about the fat but for slim you need youre sensors blocked
that was the app

it only works on v9 and up
no idea on the very new ps2 slims

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: