Hacking Acekard 2i update whit R4 update 1.4!!!

TTHTT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
I already update my Acekard 2i whit the DP icon
what while happen if i update my acekard whit the R4i update 1.4 fix
What can happen while it Brick or Change the Icon?
Why would you if you updated it correctly?

I don't know about legit Acekards, but apparently if your card is a type of clone, the R4i update works with it.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4i update does the same to the AK2i as the one you have already used....Danny Phamtom icon, and it works on DSi running 1.4 FW
wacko.gif
I think you've misunderstood what this file has done for some of us that have received AK2i carts that wouldn't update.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have my DSi to test but I recieved my 2is in the mail and flashed one. It went perfectly but still shows the Acekard icon on my DS phat. Is the Danny icon suppose to show on the phats/lites also?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
The AK icon does not alter on DSL/Phat consoles, just on the DSi.
Thanks for the headsup. They were ordered from dx on the first of January and had the same HW numbers you had on yours.
Chip Id: 0fc2 HW: 8181
Official update on the DS phat worked. Used both DSi and DSL files to see if it would error, no errors in the upgrade process.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Todderbert said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Thanks for the headsup. They were ordered from dx on the first of January and had the same HW numbers you had on yours.
Official update on the DS phat worked. Used both DSi and DSL files to see if it would error, no errors in the upgrade process.

Ouch. HW 8181 is a fake. Its weird you didnt have to use r4i update.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
Todderbert said:
Dark^'^Knight said:

Really, and Akaio 1.5 runs perfectly on it too. Did the Acekard team post that 8181 is fake?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Todderbert said:
bach3609 said:
Todderbert said:
Dark^'^Knight said:

Really, and Akaio 1.5 runs perfectly on it too. Did the Acekard team post that 8181 is fake?
they go till 3 digits(correct me if I'm wrong) from 0-255,so the common reals are 44 and 81

TTHTT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Todderbert said:
bach3609 said:
Todderbert said:
Dark^'^Knight said:

they go till 3 digits(correct me if I'm wrong)
You're sort of right. 4444 and 8181 are real cards, as far as all utilities (including the bootloader updates) are concerned. They are probably just repeating the numbers because of a weird line of code. If you look on youtube for videos of people upgrading the bootloader, you'll see that like, 80% have the 8181 HWID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....