mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
When I bought my PSP Go it came with a voucher for Rockband. Is there a way I can download it and not put it on my PSP Go (Therefore not having to update) and keep it for when the PSP Go is hacked and I can use it?

Could I put it on a PSP 1000/2000 with the latest FW and then use Pandora's battery to re hack them, or does it need a PSP Go?

Does this thing expire? What should I do with it?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If the voucher says you can only use it on PSP Go's then you can't it on other PSP's.
Should say somewhere on it.

It would be able to tell if your using a PSP Go or not because PSP Go's have different firmware to PSP 1/2/3k's

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You haven't even been on-line on your PSP Go yet?

You can't download 5.70 off the internet IIRC. Like I said PSP Go's have different firmware

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
PSP Go will not be hacked for a LOOOOONNNG time. The first hack found for it was patched pretty quickly despite the devs trying to keep it under lock and key. Basically update and don't feel you're cheating yourself (you're not)

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
I am not going online until it can get hacked.

The devs really f***ed up, I was okay with the idea of them keeping the exploit private because that way Sony couldn't patch it. But since they did anyways that sucks...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
mpg187 said:

The devs really f***ed up, I was okay with the idea of them keeping the exploit private because that way Sony couldn't patch it. But since they did anyways that sucks...

Lol...
You're not going online with a console which needs to go online in order to get games in it until it gets hacked? Enjoy your £230 paperweight for the next year or so then

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:

You do realise that 6.10 or 6.20 is most likely to be hacked then 5.70
Nobody has 5.70 any more. They all updated because they wanted to play on their PSP Go...

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Jan 14 2010, 07:48 AM) Lol...
You're not going online with a console which needs to go online in order to get games in it until it gets hacked? Enjoy your £230 paperweight for the next year or so then

rofl.gif

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Enjoy your £230 paperweight for the next year or so then

The motherboard needs to be understood and the OFW reverse engineered before CFW is available to run isos (if this is even possible due to lack of UMD drive) This will take a while yet. Just update to 6.20 you idiot, you bought a damned PSP Go its needs the latest firmware for you to actually play games on it!

Also: There was a save game exploit for 6.10 to make the PSP Go run homebrew but Sony somehow managed to find and patch it in 6.20 despite the devs keeping what it was a secret.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Don't call me an idiot. I know what I am doing. Even if I update I can't play games.

I know there was an exploit for Mercury. It makes me mad how it was patched even though it wasn't released...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you update you can't play games? How does that work?
Just get over the idea of CFW coming for the PSP Go any time soon.

And you say you know what your doing?
mpg187 said:
My PSP Go has 5.70, I can't install 5.70 in a 1000/2000?

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
mpg187 said:
Don't call me an idiot. I know what I am doing. Even if I update I can't play games.

Uhm... lets review.

5.70 OFW - No access to PSN store via PSP, PS3 or MediaGo due newer firmwares being required, no hacks at all not even a failed one all adds up to NO WAY TO GET/PLAY GAMES!
6.20 OFW - No hacks as of yet although I'm sure people are looking but can access PSN store via all methods and can therefore DOWNLOAD AND PLAY OFFICIAL BOUGHT GAMES!

Update to 6.20 and you can play any games you buy on PSN, stick to 5.70 and you have no games at all.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I am concerned the PSP Go is just a media center until hacked and not a gaming device.

I will not update until a hack comes out. If a hack doesn't come out for a long time then I won't update for a long time. If not updating for a long time means not playing games, then so be it.

I have hacked 1000s and 2000s for gaming, I only got the go to hack it.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, you wasted £200 (or equivalent US price which I believe is just as outlandish)...

The PSP Go will not be hacked for a long time yet and I personally would never buy a console just for hacking when I have 2 perfectly functioning versions of the same console already hacked, hell i wouldn't be 2 versions of the same console at all.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you dense or just learning disabled?

How does buying it as an early adopter help you when every trend in the gaming industry through its entire history points to inevitable price drops and performance updates? That's like saying buying a DS on day one was a good move to the guy playing a DS lite. Except in your case if he could run an Acekard but yours was stuck with the single Super Mario 64 game that you've been playing for the past five years, but it's okay because you have your fingers crossed that somebody, somewhere, at some point in time will possibly do something about it.

And I suggest eating your voucher because apparently it would do you as much good as anything at this rate.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:

How does buying it as an early adopter help you when every trend in the gaming industry through its entire history points to inevitable price drops and performance updates? That's like saying buying a DS on day one was a good move to the guy playing a DS lite. Except in your case if he could run an Acekard but yours was stuck with the single Super Mario 64 game that you've been playing for the past five years, but it's okay because you have your fingers crossed that somebody, somewhere, at some point in time will possibly do something about it.

And I suggest eating your voucher because apparently it would do you as much good as anything at this rate.
This

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:

Erm...perhaps not the best comparison but the premise is there.
Its more like buying the DSi on release day in the hopes it would eventually be fully hacked and you could play games off your SD card slot while refusing to buy any games until this happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi