Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
WiiKey v1.3 Update
NSMB Wii Working
wiikey2%201.3.jpg

Do you have a Wiikey 2 and would love to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii without having to patch your iso? Well here's some good news for ya, the latest 1.3 update fixes just that. So all you need to do is to download and burn the iso of the update and be off to some New Super Mario Bros. action.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss
Thanks to Fun_Zephyr for the heads up

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It won't work on a WiiKey 1; it's totally different hardware.

And yes, the universal patch for New Super Mario Bros. works on every modchip and USB loader.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
When the game came out and I heard that it wouldn't work with mod chips I e-mailed to the Wiikey team about the problem. Good that they've fixed it.
smileipb2.png

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heran Bago said:
Dialexio said:

And yes, the universal patch for New Super Mario Bros. works on every modchip and USB loader.
Does not work with the disc channel though you see.
It does, with modchip. (or do you need a trucha singed IOS?) Than still, it works.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Adr990 said:
Heran Bago said:
Dialexio said:

Does not work with the disc channel though you see.
It does, with modchip. (or do you need a trucha singed IOS?) Than still, it works.
You'll need Trucha and it works.

Though, this is why I prefer USB-Loaders...the Community will always be faster than the Modchip-Teams. Also, this is a very sloppy update, it's hardcoded. Meaning that the Team would have to update the Firmware for every game with BCA. Anyone hears a new WiiKey coming
smileipb2.png
?

jr9770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know for certain that there won't be a wiikey v.1 version of this patch coming? If so, that's extremely disappointing and poor customer service on Wiikey's part. I have a v.1 and was holding out for an update from them for my chip. I haven't taken on soft modding and USB loaders yet and was hoping to avoid that route, mainly because I'm confused how it all works.
smile.gif
Can I still even do that stuff if I have my Wii updated with the very latest Nintendo update? I don't understand why they wouldn't even attempt to do an update for the legacy owners since there seems to be so many of us. So frustrating!

newsbinreporter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The reason they are not willing to update the Wiikey 1 firmware is so that people will upgrade to newer mod chip. The mod chip was sold touting the ability to upgrade via DVD but yet the moment their new mod chip came out, they pretty much discontinued the support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: