OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
review.gif
PSPgo Battery "Unofficially" Replaceable
Sony has total faith in a sticker...yeah.
Sony a while back announced that users could not remove the PSPgo battery in an attempt to stop piracy on the machine (people always find a way).

Yesterday it was reported that the battery isn't actually soldered in, in fact the only thing stopping the battery from being removed is a "Warranty void if removed" sticker...which you could probably put back on anyway.

It is also reported that there is no metal framework holding the guts of the machine in meaning that its just the PSPgo pastic shell holding it all together meaning that you're gonna have to take even extra care with the portable device.

So who has the first facepalm pic?

1254244839500x_psptear2.jpg

icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's dumb, I like being able to change the battery, I have more than a few. Does it take the same battery as the slims?

And Pandora's Battery and PSP Hacking are what makes the PSP so great, stopping that would be ruining it.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the battery has nothing to do with the new ones if its' replaceable or not. Look at the 3000 psps with version 5.1 or above having a pandora battery means NOTHING.. Otherwise mine would be hacked by now..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Could someone explain why this is a facepalm type moment?
blink.gif

I am amazed that I have to spell it out.

QUOTE(Azadar @ Sep 29 2009, 07:06 PM) the battery has nothing to do with the new ones if its' replaceable or not. Look at the 3000 psps with version 5.1 or above having a pandora battery means NOTHING.. Otherwise mine would be hacked by now..
Its clear that there is a way to get past that, otherwise why would Sony do this in the first place?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Thordrian said:
Its clear that there is a way to get past that, otherwise why would Sony do this in the first place?

I don't know why they did this but its true that any battery based hacking method will not work on any PSPs and will have no way around it. The battery being physically accessible or not is irrelevant really at this point.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow,that is sad,they went through sooo much just to make sure this system could not be hacked.

@Vidboy10- The facepalm is on there behalf because we may be able to hack it,so its there fail.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest obstacle is actually the price tag. The PSPGo is a freaking rip-off, Sony makes a huge profit from selling these, when in reality, they should be losing money (but gaining it back from game sales).
I was actually thinking of getting a PSPGo because I think its design is awesome (*flame shield*) and I really want to play some Playstation games like SotN and FF7. Hopefully by the time this thing is hacked well, it'll be cheaper too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc