Gambia, The
yup Screemer is right...
smile.gif

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o really, wow! sorry my bad... i always had the internet channel so i never heard of ninty making us pay for it... well, i made a fol of myself!

Screemer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
btw. the new update is said to have the latest FLASH player integrated.

tehskeen.com said:
A new update is available to the internet browser, it adds the latest version of shockwave flash, meaning you can now browse practically any site now that has flash!
I just got a message from Nintendo saying that new version of the Internet Channel with updated Flash is available on the Wii Shop Channel.

Best of all, its free!

As well as that it states that anyone who has already bought the Internet Channel will receive a free NES Virtual Console title!
I'm PAL from the UK, but I'm receiving the following error code 204036 trying to update the damn thing.

source: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13572

maybe someone can change the title to "Internetchannel update with new Flash and for free"

Sahduk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um yea I tried out a few flash sites ie. Newgrounds a sit where artists submit flash cartoons......I got a message saying out of memory ¬_¬

yahmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Channel

Updates

This is a list of updates to the Internet Channel. For more information see Wii System Software.

April 11, 2007: Upgraded to the full version.

October 10, 2007: Added USB keyboard support. Launch time has been reduced. Up to 56 favorites can be saved. Ability to send Favorites to people in the Wii's Address Book. Ability to highlight words on a Web page and copy it to the "Search" function. Ability to type longer messages without the virtual keyboard lagging. The update is free of charge if the Internet Channel had previously been downloaded.

September 1, 2009: Updated Flash Player to Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 which correspond to Adobe Flash version 8. Also the Internet Channel is now FREE to purchase for those who never bought it in the first place. Also those who bought the channel will be giving the opportunity to have any free NES game (value of 500 wii points) after the end of October.

Screemer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
opera for the wii uses flash lite to display flash content. it's used on mobile phones and smartphones as well. actually it should run at least video streaming content fine.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Screemer said:
Memory:

* 88 MB main memory (24 MB "internal" 1T-SRAM integrated into graphics package, 64 MB "external" GDDR3 SDRAM)[88]
* 3 MB embedded GPU texture memory and framebuffer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Technical_specifications

god it's no wonder the wii can play any games at all with that little ram!!
blink.gif

Lol WTF? "wii can play any games"? 88MB is a decent amount for a console.

Of course it's not to be compared with the likes of XBOX360 (512MB)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp