DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait so does the M3i come with the sakura firmware, or do you have to download it like on the m3 DS real? Because if you have to download it yourself that's kinda bad because then less people will know about the awesomest firmware ever and see the "official" firmware and say the m3i sucks
frown.gif

And I'm really glad it's side loading, I think this is the first DSi flashcart with side loading action (lol).

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
The EZ Flash Vi is side loading. And it came way before the M3i Zero.

As for the firmware. It is shipped BLANK. There aren't any CD's, firmwares, etc. You have to go out and find the firmware yourself. So pretty much, it is whatever you download.

huge thanks to PV for the firmware
biggrin.gif

I got the offcial firmware from the M3 team, but it's not very different.

Oh, I was also requested to not put fcore up, just. Thought you might want to know...

The firmware I got from the m3 team was very similar
to yours, if differeent at all.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
Cheat Switch

You can set cheats to be Off, Always on, Activatable (able to turn on and off while playing a game), or “instant codes”, which I honestly don’t know what they’re reffering to.
When you turn on cheat codes for the M3 Real, there's a short delay of several seconds between the time the ROM loads and the time the codes actually become active. Normally this wouldn't be an issue because it takes a few seconds to get through the title screen, and by the time you actually start playing the game, the codes are already active.

As I'm sure you already know, some "cheat" codes are created to bypass the anti-piracy measures designed into some games that prevent the ROMs from loading. The activation delay became a problem when developers began designing games to initiate the piracy checks immediately after loading the ROM, before the piracy check bypass code had a chance to become active. So the "Instant Codes" option was developed by the M3 Team, which activates codes as soon as the ROM loads, without any delay. Why this option hasn't entirely replaced "Always On" is beyond me, since they both seem to be the same thing, with the only apparent exception being that "Instant Codes" just activates the cheats faster.

Anyway, awesome job with the review, extra points for getting it done so fast. I would only suggest rotating some of the images so that people don't have to tilt their heads sideways when looking at them
wink.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
iwakura said:
Cheat Switch

You can set cheats to be Off, Always on, Activatable (able to turn on and off while playing a game), or “instant codes”, which I honestly don’t know what they’re reffering to.
When you turn on cheat codes for the M3 Real, there's a short delay of several seconds between the time the ROM loads and the time the codes actually become active. Normally this wouldn't be an issue because it takes a few seconds to get through the title screen, and by the time you actually start playing the game, the codes are already active.

As I'm sure you already know, some "cheat" codes are created to bypass the anti-piracy measures designed into some games that prevent the ROMs from loading. The activation delay became a problem when developers began designing games to initiate the piracy checks immediately after loading the ROM, before the piracy check bypass code had a chance to become active. So the "Instant Codes" option was developed by the M3 Team, which activates codes as soon as the ROM loads, without any delay. Why this option hasn't entirely replaced "Always On" is beyond me, since they both seem to be the same thing, with the only apparent exception being that "Instant Codes" just activates the cheats faster.

Anyway, awesome job with the review, extra points for getting it done so fast. I would only suggest rotating some of the images so that people don't have to tilt their heads sideways when looking at them
wink.gif

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll add that in in a sec.

Images shall be rotated as well. I was counting down the hours I had left to sleep, and when it hit 4, I just hit the sack
tongue.gif

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
and since the Instant Codes function has been broken is the last 2 Sakura firmwares, could you test it on the firmware that the M3Team send you and see if it works

You could test it with Guitar Heroes using the Remove Grip Check cheatcode

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
dsrules said:
and since the Instant Codes function has been broken is the last 2 Sakura firmwares, could you test it on the firmware that the M3Team send you and see if it works

unless m3 team sent iwakura a different firmware
as far as i know it uses the same/latest firmware
smile.gif

the flashing part is just to get the cart to work
smile.gif

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
iwakura said:
I got the offcial firmware from the M3 team, but it's not very different.

Oh, I was also requested to not put fcore up, just. Thought you might want to know...

The firmware I got from the m3 team was very similar
to yours, if differeent at all.

yeah, iwakura did mentioned that he got the firmware from the M3 Team and it could possiblely be a different firmware than the official release...well, it's worth a try

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
The EZ Flash Vi is side loading. And it came way before the M3i Zero.

As for the firmware. It is shipped BLANK. There aren't any CD's, firmwares, etc. You have to go out and find the firmware yourself. So pretty much, it is whatever you download.

Dang, I wish they did it would make the M3i a little more popular if it did.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:

the firmware is no different at all from what PV ggave me unfortunately
frown.gif
I just checked

D

Deleted User

Good review. Sold it to me nicely. Can anybody answer the one of the questions that an ealier poster posted? That is does the M3I 0 create the Sakura OS by itself or do you have to install it yourself? (Sorry M3 noob here.)

*Edit* Never mind. Seems you get to choose on first boot! Nice.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Saturnplanet5 said:
Good review. Sold it to me nicely. Can anybody answer the one of the questions that an ealier poster posted? That is does the M3I 0 create the Sakura OS by itself or do you have to install it yourself? (Sorry M3 noob here.)

*Edit* Never mind. Seems you get to choose on first boot! Nice.

Just wanted to confirm that you choose on first boot
smile.gif

Both of the firmwares (sakura and touchpod) are inside the system files. you choose which you want to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay