XP
Country
Gambia, The
This isnt done on a clean Wii.

There is missing an information.
The first topic was in an german Forum.

IT says:
Wii ist 4.0 mit wanis Updater und HBC + cIOS rev8
Dann Wii initialisiert und HBC weg aber cIOS rev8 noch da.
Jetzt HBC wieder da

Eng:
Wii with 4.0 with Wanins Updater and HBC + cIOS rev8.
Then Wii initalisied and HBC gine but the cIOS is still there.
Now HBC is there again.

He updated with Wanins Updater so he has Trucha.

So not really a way to do it on a clean Wii.

bp2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bp2000 said:
awesome now all i need is abackup of mario kart and a blank dvd

Posts merged

oh never mind
so if i have a mod chip and im on 4.0 i can use this to instal the homebrew channel

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mat03111984 said:
ye it says needs a modchip... but thought someone might be interested. maybe deleted it or something

beat me to it was going to say that too ...
QUOTEOne more time we (PS3NEWS and Dasberaterforum) are proud to present you a Hombrew method to install the HBC on a official Nintendo FW 4.0.

You will need a modchip (get one of the solderless one) and a backup of your MarioKart Wii.

does that not defeat the object of soft modding!?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but what about what pika said?

sure you could do it this way, but would it work if there was no cIOS Installed?
unsure.gif

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
mat03111984 said:
ye it says needs a modchip... but thought someone might be interested. maybe deleted it or something

beat me to it was going to say that too ...
QUOTE said:
One more time we (PS3NEWS and Dasberaterforum) are proud to present you a Hombrew method to install the HBC on a official Nintendo FW 4.0.

You will need a modchip (get one of the solderless one) and a backup of your MarioKart Wii.

does that not defeat the object of soft modding!?

Not Really. somepeople deleted the homebrew channel without earlier hacks. so they basically had a clean 4.0 which u cant install the hbc. so this will allow them to have homebrew.

Posts merged

QUOTE(mikeyt1998 @ Apr 20 2009, 07:51 PM)

sure you could do it this way, but would it work if there was no cIOS Installed?
unsure.gif

I havent tested but cois isnt needed to just install the channel. u can do all that once its installed.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i know one thing, When using wii scrubber on the mario kart game, to add the HBC.wad it will trucha Sign it, So you will have to have the trucha bug inorder to use this, Even with a mod-chip, thats what i think anyways

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mikeyt1998 said:

unsure.gif

Yes it would work without an cIOS because Mario Kart uses IOS30 (or 33 na i dont care it doesnt matter).

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont get this, so if we have ios249 on the machine, we turn mario cart to boot ios249 then open up with wii scrub and swap the channel.wad with homebrew ?

So my sister who had cios 3.2e on her wii and upgraded to 4.0 wii still have cios249 there ahh

wont the system menu block it tho

madhutter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys has anyone actually tested this? I managed to use wanins upgrader to get 4 work 100% perfecly on my wii. My housemate however did not have this luck. He had the same system setup as me, he tried to instal and ios60 kept failing anyone explain why?

Also I like the theoretical debated but i think we will try this trick as he is chipped. if no one else trys this im doing it now and will report back promptly. If it is ios30 or 33 or 249 or any other i will not know and will not report. All i will say is that on a wii that has failed with Universal Unbrick Disc v2 (also on ps3 forum, the disk relys on IOS249 being intact) works or does not work with this hack. As that will be all i know, i hope the results will be helpful for someone, even if it only saves a wasted DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person