Homebrew Homebrewbrowser v0.3

t0welie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teknecal has released a new version of his world renowned Homebrew Browser application for the Nintendo Wii. Using this application you can browse an online database of most of the homebrew available for the Nintendo Wii and then download the brew' you'd like directly to your SD Card in Homebrew Channel format. It also allows you to update older homebrew.

What's New?

* Brand new GUI (thanks DayDreamOz)
* Ability to scroll through applications without waiting to download images (images loading or being downloaded will show as "Image not found")
* Images download in the background
* Much more information on applications which includes a longer description, author, version, size, date, SDHC support and controllers supported
* Shows the total amount of downloads for each application
* Ability to rate applications and shows an average rating
* Ability to queue applications for download in a download queue and download all at once
* Ability to sort applications by date, rating and download count
* Added background music (off by default, change loop.mod with your own music if you like)
* Uses threads
* Ability to move the cursor once downloading or extracting
* Ability to cancel extracting process
* Ability to work offline (by pressing the 1 Button when HBB is initialising the network)
* Ability to hide installed applications from the lists
* Checks for SD card to make sure there is enough free space before downloading each application
* Settings now include show SD card space, check free space, hide installed applications, retreive my rating, background music, rumble, update icon and offline mode
* Added lots of help screens
* Added widescreen support (thanks Cashman)
* Checks that server connected to is really www.codemii.com
* Added check to make sure the SD card isn't locked
* Downloads all image files before loading HBB v0.3 the first time to make things faster

Download

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice new GUI
smile.gif

Wiibrew page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
My homebrew browser keeps freezing while "downloading zip file containing currrent image files" during startup. If I skip that with B button, it freezes eventually in the browser application.
Anyone know how I can fix this?

teknecal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadow-Zero said:
My homebrew browser keeps freezing while "downloading zip file containing currrent image files" during startup. If I skip that with B button, it freezes eventually in the browser application.

When it's downloading the image files, do you see any dots showing the progress?

Also when you skip this step, when HBB is loaded at the bottom of your screen it should tell you it's "Checking image 1/206", etc. Do you see this and how long does it take to change the number 1/206 to 2/206, etc?

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that i noticed that is a bit annoying is that when in Homebrew Browser and press and hold the power button the remote turns off but the Wii stays on. Maybe that could be a fix for the next release to shut down the wii from the HBB.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
teknecal said:
Shadow-Zero said:

When it's downloading the image files, do you see any dots showing the progress?

Also when you skip this step, when HBB is loaded at the bottom of your screen it should tell you it's "Checking image 1/206", etc. Do you see this and how long does it take to change the number 1/206 to 2/206, etc?

I have the dots showing the progress yes. When I cancel that with B it gives a cancel message and goes straight to the Homebrew Browser. I couldn't see the "checking icon" in HBB because my CRT's Geometry was overscanned! So I had to figure out how to get in the Service Menu of my TV and fix that XD
Now I do see the checking icon, it goes pretty fast all the way to 206. I had to wait for 20 seconds perhaps. Now it seems to work ok! Was it only a matter of waiting for the 206 icons to be checked??

teknecal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadow-Zero said:
I have the dots showing the progress yes. When I cancel that with B it gives a cancel message and goes straight to the Homebrew Browser. I couldn't see the "checking icon" in HBB because my CRT's Geometry was overscanned! So I had to figure out how to get in the Service Menu of my TV and fix that XD
Now I do see the checking icon, it goes pretty fast all the way to 206. I had to wait for 20 seconds perhaps. Now it seems to work ok! Was it only a matter of waiting for the 206 icons to be checked??

It could be, however I have tried scrolling, etc when it's checking the icons so it shouldn't have made a difference I would have thought. But if it's working, then lets hope it doesn't happen again. You can move around, etc when it's checking the icons but things will be a little slower. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4