gbasp.gif

DarkestNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um... ok. Thanks, lol.
Though, I don't plan on getting a DSi. Seems like the GBA slot is something I can't go with out.. And I certainly aint going to give it up just for a few cameras, LOL.

wonka8869

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkestNova said:
um... ok. Thanks, lol.
Though, I don't plan on getting a DSi. Seems like the GBA slot is something I can't go with out.. And I certainly aint going to give it up just for a few cameras, LOL.
once i got a dslite, i drifted away from GBA games. but i have a feeling that those games will be downloadable on DSi, and maybe hackable

B

ball2012003

aardvarks said:
Just thought i would let you know the TopToy DSTTi
with a 4gb mem card works fine in my uk dsi
gbasp.gif
thats good to know if i cant afford to get an acekard 2i or a cyclo dsi if it come out
this will be my backup

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I worry about is Nintendo releasing updates that will kill the flash cards. If this happens it will pay off to get a card that is updated often, if that will help. As far as getting a DSI. Like most people above the age of 10 I could care less about taking lo res pictures with my DS and I already have an mp3 player and even if I didn't I dont think the DS would make a good mp3 player, it's too bulky for that. Now if some cool games come out that use the camera's or if some really cool downloadable content is offered that changes everything. The one thing that I am interested in is the larger and brighter screens. I suppose eventually if a reliable flash solution is found I will need to get a DSI for the bigger/brighter screens regardless, but there is no rush I would rather wait a year or so.

The lack of a GBA slot doesn't bother me, I have a GBA SP with a backlit screen I use for GBA games when I feel the need.

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question - you mean that the DSTTi works even after the "required" firmware update that you need to load the DSiWare store? Just checking. Thanks.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
samred said:
Quick question - you mean that the DSTTi works even after the "required" firmware update that you need to load the DSiWare store? Just checking. Thanks.

To let you know - the answer is 'YES'
yaynds.gif

My [new] setup is DSTTi (with YSMenu) + Black DSi (GB version, that came out 3rd April) + Nintendo USB Wifi Adaptor

I wanted to try out the DSiWare 'shop' & needed to 'update' before I could get access (this was on the same day I got the DSi [3rd April]) so I took the gamble
After download of update (I'm apparently now version '1.3E' but I don't know what it was before - sorry) & looking @ the DSiWare shop (note there's not much there at the moment), I tried the DSTTi & it STILL WORKED
toot.gif

(I'm annoyed that you are unable to transfer 'Wii Points' to 'DSi Points' though - I've got quite a few on that that I haven't used
mad.gif
)

I even tried it with the 'dodgy' Acekard 2i that I have (I say it's 'dodgy' because it occasionally froze on the Heath screen on my DSLite) & that one still worked as well

How long it'll be if/when Nintendo does block flash cards I don't know - keep your fingers crossed they 'forget' about it

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Phantomdj said:
Can you try the DSTTi with the DSi set in French ?

OK - I've set DSi to 'French' & tried the DSTTi to start 'Mario Kart' & 'Neves' up
Both games when started ALSO shows the menus in French (well I guess it's french since I haven't done that since I left school
laugh.gif
)

a couple of notes
- The DSi shows 'Start DS Card', but other options are in French ('Parametres de la console'/'Appareil photo Nintendo DSi Nintendo' etc)
- My DSTTi uses YSMenu as it's default menu - but once booted up I tried both games using BOTH YSmenu and TTMenu (started by starting up 'TTMenu.nds' while in YSMenu)
& both games showed French on the menus

Hope this helps

superhideki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kermitfrog said:
yaynds.gif

After download of update (I'm apparently now version '1.3E' but I don't know what it was before - sorry) & looking @ the DSiWare shop (note there's not much there at the moment), I tried the DSTTi & it STILL WORKED

Yeaaah
yaynds.gif

After many hours of research, i found finally my answer : DSTTi + 1.3E works haha
rolleyes.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question, since the DSTTi works with the new DSI, what can / can't this card run? I assume it can run all things the regular DSTT could run on the DSL?

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for these answers. And from what I've heard, DaFees, it runs all homebrew and games in original DS mode 100%, but access to the DSi's extra power/RAM/etc hasn't yet been tapped. Someone, please feel free to prove me wrong there.

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
samred said:

yes m8
i had to do an update
still works fine
gbasp.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
superhideki said:
kermitfrog said:
yaynds.gif

Yeaaah
yaynds.gif

After many hours of research, i found finally my answer : DSTTi + 1.3E works haha
rolleyes.gif

A word of warning - I notice you're in USA, & I believe that USA DSi have 1.3U firmware. I'm not sure but quite a few people have been having problems in the USA, especially with the Acekard 2i, where their flashcard will not work - & this could be because USA is blocking them. Just take care

To everyone with a DSi - I've noticed a lot of people asking 'Does [this flashcard] work on [this country] DSi after an update ?' in other forums
- So can I ask a favour & if you happen to have a DSi & you've either going to or have updated it (regardless which country you're in) can you post your results at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146321 (No 'I've got a problem'/'Can you help' posts please). This way we'll have a single point of reference for this problem

Thanx in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: