TopToy DSTTi

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by aardvarks, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

TopToy DSTTi by aardvarks at 10:17 AM (3,057 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. aardvarks
    OP

Member aardvarks GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just thought i would let you know the TopToy DSTTi
    with a 4gb mem card works fine in my uk dsi [​IMG]

2. DarkestNova

Newcomer DarkestNova Member

United States
    um... ok. Thanks, lol.
    Though, I don't plan on getting a DSi. Seems like the GBA slot is something I can't go with out.. And I certainly aint going to give it up just for a few cameras, LOL.

3. wonka8869

Newcomer wonka8869 Member

United States
    once i got a dslite, i drifted away from GBA games. but i have a feeling that those games will be downloadable on DSi, and maybe hackable

4. DarkestNova

Newcomer DarkestNova Member

United States
    They might be downloadable, but still...

5. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

thats good to know if i cant afford to get an acekard 2i or a cyclo dsi if it come out
    this will be my backup

6. Kevin242

Newcomer Kevin242 Advanced Member

United States
    The only thing I worry about is Nintendo releasing updates that will kill the flash cards. If this happens it will pay off to get a card that is updated often, if that will help. As far as getting a DSI. Like most people above the age of 10 I could care less about taking lo res pictures with my DS and I already have an mp3 player and even if I didn't I dont think the DS would make a good mp3 player, it's too bulky for that. Now if some cool games come out that use the camera's or if some really cool downloadable content is offered that changes everything. The one thing that I am interested in is the larger and brighter screens. I suppose eventually if a reliable flash solution is found I will need to get a DSI for the bigger/brighter screens regardless, but there is no rush I would rather wait a year or so.

The lack of a GBA slot doesn't bother me, I have a GBA SP with a backlit screen I use for GBA games when I feel the need.

7. samred

Member samred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Quick question - you mean that the DSTTi works even after the "required" firmware update that you need to load the DSiWare store? Just checking. Thanks.

8. THitsu10

Newcomer THitsu10 Advanced Member

United States
    ya I wanna know the same thing...

9. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    To let you know - the answer is 'YES' [​IMG]

My [new] setup is DSTTi (with YSMenu) + Black DSi (GB version, that came out 3rd April) + Nintendo USB Wifi Adaptor

I wanted to try out the DSiWare 'shop' & needed to 'update' before I could get access (this was on the same day I got the DSi [3rd April]) so I took the gamble
    After download of update (I'm apparently now version '1.3E' but I don't know what it was before - sorry) & looking @ the DSiWare shop (note there's not much there at the moment), I tried the DSTTi & it STILL WORKED [​IMG]
    (I'm annoyed that you are unable to transfer 'Wii Points' to 'DSi Points' though - I've got quite a few on that that I haven't used [​IMG] )

I even tried it with the 'dodgy' Acekard 2i that I have (I say it's 'dodgy' because it occasionally froze on the Heath screen on my DSLite) & that one still worked as well

How long it'll be if/when Nintendo does block flash cards I don't know - keep your fingers crossed they 'forget' about it

10. Phantomdj

Newcomer Phantomdj Member

France
    Can you try the DSTTi with the DSi set in French ?

11. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    OK - I've set DSi to 'French' & tried the DSTTi to start 'Mario Kart' & 'Neves' up
    Both games when started ALSO shows the menus in French (well I guess it's french since I haven't done that since I left school [​IMG] )

a couple of notes
    - The DSi shows 'Start DS Card', but other options are in French ('Parametres de la console'/'Appareil photo Nintendo DSi Nintendo' etc)
    - My DSTTi uses YSMenu as it's default menu - but once booted up I tried both games using BOTH YSmenu and TTMenu (started by starting up 'TTMenu.nds' while in YSMenu)
    & both games showed French on the menus

Hope this helps

12. Phantomdj

Newcomer Phantomdj Member

France
    Since AceKard 2i doesn't work in French, yes you helped a lot [​IMG]

13. superhideki

Newcomer superhideki Newbie

United States

Yeaaah [​IMG]
    After many hours of research, i found finally my answer : DSTTi + 1.3E works haha [​IMG]

14. DaFees

Member DaFees GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So quick question, since the DSTTi works with the new DSI, what can / can't this card run? I assume it can run all things the regular DSTT could run on the DSL?

15. samred

Member samred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for these answers. And from what I've heard, DaFees, it runs all homebrew and games in original DS mode 100%, but access to the DSi's extra power/RAM/etc hasn't yet been tapped. Someone, please feel free to prove me wrong there.

16. aardvarks
    OP

Member aardvarks GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yes m8
    i had to do an update
    still works fine [​IMG]

17. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    A word of warning - I notice you're in USA, & I believe that USA DSi have 1.3U firmware. I'm not sure but quite a few people have been having problems in the USA, especially with the Acekard 2i, where their flashcard will not work - & this could be because USA is blocking them. Just take care

To everyone with a DSi - I've noticed a lot of people asking 'Does [this flashcard] work on [this country] DSi after an update ?' in other forums
    - So can I ask a favour & if you happen to have a DSi & you've either going to or have updated it (regardless which country you're in) can you post your results at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146321 (No 'I've got a problem'/'Can you help' posts please). This way we'll have a single point of reference for this problem

Thanx in advance