Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,
I bought my black DSi today and my upper screen has a yellowish tint. I get back to the store and changed it for a brand new one and I have the same problem again.
Anyone else has this problem too?

PS:I searched on the forum but found nothing for DSi.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh...take it back again I guess?

You might have just gotten really unlucky twice, because no one else has commented on this.

The only thing I could think of is that maybe your DSi('s) have come into contact with a magnet.

Inferno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No, this problem is existing also with DS Lite. When you look your two screen on a white screen you can see that the two screens are different.
Thanks for answering.

noammax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just turn the brightness down. (Quote from 1up article when dsi came out in japan)
''the DSi's colors are a little bit lighter than the Lite, and actually a little bit more yellow.''
''Turning the DSi brightness down seemed to fix the color issues, and in fact the DSi's second brightest setting (which happens to be the Lite's brightest) actually looks better than the Lite.'' http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171063

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While mine isn't yellow really, one of the DSi screens is definitely "warm" and one is "cool." I only notice it at the health warning screen.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a widespread problem that also occurred with the DS Lite, just that some people tend to notice it more than others. You can keep returning it and getting a new one, but keep in mind it could take a while to get a perfectly white-screened DSi.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inferno said:
Hello everybody,
I bought my black DSi today and my upper screen has a yellowish tint. I get back to the store and changed it for a brand new one and I have the same problem again.
Anyone else has this problem too?

PS:I searched on the forum but found nothing for DSi.
I noticed the same thing on my new DSi, Inferno. Upper screen color definitely looks more yellow than my DS Lite did. I don't imagine there's anything "defective" about it though. You could probably exchange 100 of them and get the same results.

Inferno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes, changed my DSi today and my new one have 2 a little bit yellowish screens but they are identical so it's cool because this way I see it like white with "warm" colors.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darn should i call nintendo about this because it has been a few weeks since i bought it and i dont know if game crazy will exchange it...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ekolimits said:
darn should i call nintendo about this because it has been a few weeks since i bought it and i dont know if game crazy will exchange it...
Calling Nintendo won't help, as they don't consider the yellow screen to be defect.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UScr00ge said:
While mine isn't yellow really, one of the DSi screens is definitely "warm" and one is "cool." I only notice it at the health warning screen.

It's the same with my DS Lites. One has those cool and bright screens which now (in my oppinion) look really ugly, the other one has a small yellowish tint compared to that one, but it gets obvious if you look at the touchscreen, it's a little more yellow than the top screen. But in the end you'd only really notice it at the health information screen, and while playing it makes the colors seem more vivid so, I do not care anymore.
smile.gif

But if it's a really deep yellow... I'd be really annoyed... ^^"

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
My Crimson/Black DS Lite has the yellow problem but it was gone some months later. Crimson/Black is known for Yellowish screens in the DS Lite era.

perhaps, it will not bother you while in game. I dont have a DSi yet but I was hoping I have one

noammax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Just turn down the brightness, it saves battery life anyways.

And even if it was a magnet, it will go back to normal after awhile.

Staying on the 4th brightness setting should be fine as that is the ds lites brightest.
The wierd thing is, on the rare ocassion that Im on the 5th brightness I havent noticed any yellowness.
Maybe I should try shoving my face in the screen....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome