OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please use this topic to discuss Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars gameplay and topics not relating to flash kit compatibility or patching.

Any off-topic posts will be removed and the user(s) warned.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about character movement. There doesn't seem to be a ton of frames when Huang moves. How does it feel controlling him?

And...

Do you have any level of control over the camera? If so, what buttons (or does the touch screen control it) do you use?

Thanks

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh dear god.. this thread still got instantly spammed with flashcard questions..
Please people.. this is retarded..

pengin2008 said:
Can I make my R4 use M3 Firmware, if so, when the firmware for M3's exclusive Gta one comes out, I can download that and put it on my R4, to make it work. Please help me.

thanks in advance P2008.

PS. This is on topic, 'cause I wanna know, when the new firmware comes out for M3, the special gta one they're making, if I can use it on my R4.

*Facepalm*
That's EXACTLY what you're not to ask here... -.-
Also, it's on topic because YOU "wanna know" ..?

Gameplay-wise i've wanted a GTA2-like GTA for DS for years, and finally it's here, i find it really good for the DS, and several interesting features, i don't like the touchscreen weaponchange tho.. and grenade throwing with touchscreen.. else it's like GTA2+ extra features on DS
smile.gif

Wan't to try Local multiplayer, got to wait till monday for school
wink.gif

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I somewhat wished that I could use the touchscreen to aim at targets, that would make shooting targets much easier than scrolling through targets or things in front of you. Bad thing is, a lot of features would be missing due to the lack of buttons.

The shooting is kinda fun with the huge muzzlefire, but I feel there isn't enough ricochet sparks reflecting off targets to actually know what I'm hitting. With it, the gun-gameplay experience could be much better.

D

Deleted-119707

ZOMG! I GOT IT WORKING ON ANY FLASHCRTS!11!1!!
HERES HOW
1.PLACE THE ROM ON YOUR CART
2.TURN ON
3.OPEN A GAME (NOT GTA).
4.TURN OFF WHILE YOU ARE SAVING IN GAME
5IF YOUR SD CARD GET CORRUPTED, HAHA NOOB...
6.STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD AS THIS IS ONLY FOR GAMEPLAY DISCUSSIONS

anyway, how long do you think it will take to complete?

Taraxanoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very impressed with not only the scope of the game, but the graphics, physics and simply the level of detail
biggrin.gif

The touch-screen "minigame" aspects like when you have to hotwire a car work very very nicely and never seem tacked on.

I absolutely cannot wait to play this on my DS.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game said something about the ammunation vans, but i forgot to read, how can you hijack them? the doors are locked all the time.

KitsuneSefam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to discuss a game THAT'S NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED now and that most people can't play because they have an R4(which is my case actually) or another flashcart that can't run it.

'nyway, I never played GTA1-2 and I am eager to get to try it. The only thing that really annoys me is all the gimmick touch screen mini-games, they add immersion but must get really annoying after a while, I hope some can be turned off. But isn't it a bit annoying to fire a gun from that top-view?

I've waited for this game for months and I don't mind waiting a month more for a fix
smile.gif

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
I find driving cars a bit hard as I seem to be driving all over the road like mad, I even accidently hit someone and they yelled "Help there's a mad person!" which was awesome.

This game is really awesome though and I love having the PDA with it's awesome features. The GPS is a must use and makes life easy (the map is pretty huge).

I guess the only bad thing is there's only 5 radio stations. They play dub, electronic, hip-hop, rock, and something else (can't remember).

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How much does this game play like the first 2 games? I loved those (i've practically avoided all the 3d games except for GTA 3 just to find out how it played in 3d) and i never liked those.

KitsuneSefam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snesmaster40 said:
This game is really awesome though and I love having the PDA with it's awesome features. The GPS is a must use and makes life easy (the map is pretty huge).

I guess the only bad thing is there's only 5 radio stations. They play dub, electronic, hip-hop, rock, and something else (can't remember).

It is THAT huge? I mean, I've seen it on trailers and on the DS I didn't find it impressive(More gigantic map=less stuff to do).

You can turn off radio stations, right? RIGHT?

pengin2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FlyingPretzel said:
Very Very Good Game
Plying it on No@gba
Cant wait to play it on my ds
this is a REAL GTA not like the GBA thing
its a portable 3d gta 2 o_o

I can't even get it to work on NO$GBA... Crap.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
KitsuneSefam said:
snesmaster40 said:

It is THAT huge? I mean, I've seen it on trailers and on the DS I didn't find it impressive(More gigantic map=less stuff to do).

You can turn off radio stations, right? RIGHT?

Well it seems pretty huge to me. I haven't played GTA4 but because this game is top-down it can be pretty easy to get lost. There is some buildings that you can enter like Burger Shot (you can buy some scratch cards).

Oh and yes you can turn off the radio stations.

sco0504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just completed several missions, and I have to say I'm impressed. I was afraid they were going to make it all gimmicky, too much touch screen features, but they got it just right. I got it going through No$GBA, I have to use a gamepad, but it's still fun, can't wait to go portable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM