Hacking wii iso doesn't unzip

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yesterday i downloaded my first wii iso.the game was wii music since i only got for it being 5 parts to download and about 450MB for all 5 parts.i unzipped part 1 know that would be the only i have to unzip out of all of them used the password given to unzip it.password worked.i uzipped a zip that had other zip that other zip was the one i need to use the password for.the game came out to about 4.37GB as expected.that zip that was 4.37GB doesn't unzip.am i suppose to burn a zipped file or an unzipped file.again this was my first wii game downloaded.trying to unzip the file i get this message the archive is either an unknown format or it is damaged.

right now i'm downloading Tatsunoko vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes for wii and unzipping the part 1 download i see another zip in there as well although i'm not downloading the file i see there is going to be another zip within the zip file.please tell me what i can do to make wii music work i its not really a damaged file.

also can i use any dvd cd to burn wii games and at what times speed i got a soft modded wii so i'm going to end up using wii gamma.i think it says i should burn up to 4x speed but i here people burn wii games at 1-2x speed.what is the best speed to burn wii games and what is the best dvd burner program to use.

EDIT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827131058

this is my first dvd burner i bought and got today but look at the con i should be able to use more than just nero to burn dvds right.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you've associated ISOs with Winrar (or it's ilk). The 4.37GB will be the iso file (and if you show extensions you'll see that) and hence the one you burn.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a common problem. You didn't disable the built in windows anti piracy measures. Windows has a special thing that checks when you're downloading ISOs. It is located in C:\WINDOWS\system32. All you gotta do is delete that folder and you'll be good to go.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK first of all the 4.37GB file is not a .zip file, read carefully what does it says, I'm thinking it says .iso and that is an image and it has to be written into a DVD (not a CD) and the speed depends on your writter and media, the best is to have a less than 3 years old DVD writter and use verbatim, sony and/or the best brand you can find (Imation is not a good brand, ok?) and if the DVD says 16X on top, then burn it at 16X, not 4 or 2 or 1, because some media only allows to be burnt at 8X - 12X - 16X...!!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Nero is an excellent burning software..!!
wink.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's 4.37GB, that is what you will burn. ALL Wii iso's are that size. I am guessing your computer isn't recognizing the ISO, as an actual ISO, and appears just as a zip. Just burn the 4.37GB ISO at 2X speed using IMGburn. (its free, and very dependable, google it) Just don't use DVD+R for burning. Use DVD-R. You should be able to tell from the label on your DVD.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
samagon said:
This is a common problem. You didn't disable the built in windows anti piracy measures. Windows has a special thing that checks when you're downloading ISOs. It is located in C:\WINDOWS\system32. All you gotta do is delete that folder and you'll be good to go.

some people come here for help not to be flamed, abstent of doing such class of post, would you..??

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@samagon - thats a pretty nasty thing to tell someone to be honest as you could make a mess of thier system - its not funny at all.

@fst312 - if you open winrar on its own and go to OPTIONS - SETTINGS - INTEGRATION and untick where it says ISO and click ok , the icon for ISO files should return to normal. Right click on the 4.37 gig ISO file and select open with - and pick either nero or imgburn and tick the box , always use this program ... should make your life easier in the longrun to both identify an iso , and to assossicate it with the burning application.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
OK first of all the 4.37GB file is not a .zip file, read carefully what does it says, I'm thinking it says .iso and that is an image and it has to be written into a DVD (not a CD) and the speed depends on your writter and media, the best is to have a less than 3 years old DVD writter and use verbatim, sony and/or the best brand you can find (Imation is not a good brand, ok?) and if the DVD says 16X on top, then burn it at 16X, not 4 or 2 or 1, because some media only allows to be burnt at 8X - 12X - 16X...!!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Nero is an excellent burning software..!!
wink.gif

i think i didn't explain it the right way the 5 parts i downloaded were each in a zip that contain anothe zip with a part for each one.when i unzipped the second part 1 there was another zip with the game written wii music.iso

this is the zip file names MUSICA_OSKARN_part01 after unziping that i get this OSKARN_MUSIC.part01 and in that zip file is another zip file called Wii Music.iso*

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiMusic.iso IS NOT A ZIP

biggrin.gif

thats the ISO image of the game - right click and open it with imgburn or nero

the reason it looks like a zip is because you have it assossicated with winrar after installing that , but if you take off the assossiciation as i have explained above it will be clearer to you

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
@samagon - thats a pretty nasty thing to tell someone to be honest as you could make a mess of thier system - its not funny at all.

@fst312 - if you open winrar on its own and go to OPTIONS - SETTINGS - INTEGRATION and untick where it says ISO and click ok , the icon for ISO files should return to normal. Right click on the 4.37 gig ISO file and select open with - and pick either nero or imgburn and tick the box , always use this program ... should make your life easier in the longrun to both identify an iso , and to assossicate it with the burning application.

i'm doing what you are telling me right now i just unchecked iso now later today i will reply if this worked out.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
If it's 4.37GB, that is what you will burn. ALL Wii iso's are that size. I am guessing your computer isn't recognizing the ISO, as an actual ISO, and appears just as a zip. Just burn the 4.37GB ISO at 2X speed using IMGburn. (its free, and very dependable, google it) Just don't use DVD+R for burning. Use DVD-R. You should be able to tell from the label on your DVD.

i got to know i know never to use dvd+r.i want to know why i read around no one ever said never use dvd-rw.i have to has anyone tried dvd-rw and did it work.that would be good if it works that way if the game isn't all that great i can delete it and use it for another game or something else.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html

Code:
Every single new person to the scene asks about discs. Use DVD-R discs as they are most reliable. DVD re-writables dont work 90% of the time and its best to totally avoid them if u dont want headaches. DVD+R can work , but its not a guarantee and you may waste a lot of discs trying to get them working. The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives)

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:

My problem is that whenever someone asks such basic questions and doesn't capitalize his sentences i automatically assume they are trolling and would have enough technical knowledge not to delete system 32. But i am a tad touched in the head and highly cynical.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
djtaz said:

i'm doing what you are telling me right now i just unchecked iso now later today i will reply if this worked out.

ok i just unzipped the file with my winrar and this time it came out as an iso image thanks for your help.now its time for me to use wii gamma for my first time and be happy with my very first wii game that idownloaded.don't worry i know to use region free i got that from hbc.hackmii.com and i heard to use WiiBrickBlocker because this game asks for a person to update the system before playing.i will also do that for other games i get even if there like this one that say they are ntsc_u

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
samagon said:
i automatically assume they are trolling

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.
You know the phrase 'if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all' ... i think that was made for you.

If your not here to help , dont be here to harm.

Posts merged

QUOTE(fst312 @ Jan 16 2009, 02:34 AM) ok i just unzipped the file with my winrar and this time it came out as an iso image thanks for your help.now its time for me to use wii gamma for my first time and be happy with my very first wii game that idownloaded.don't worry i know to use region free i got that from hbc.hackmii.com and i heard to use WiiBrickBlocker because this game asks for a person to update the system before playing.i will also do that for other games i get even if there like this one that say they are ntsc_u

well done and best of luck with the burning and playing
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb