Just finished watching Kaiji

Shakraka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title states, I've finished watching Kaiji to relax over the break, but instead of relaxing, watching Kaiji was like taking a roller coaster ride of suspense.

What is Kaiji, you ask? Kaiji is a 26 episode animu series and you'll never guess what is based on. Go on, I'll give you a couple seconds. You ready?
Gambling

Yeah, it really is based on gambling. Here's a quick summary: A young man named Kaiji is left in a situation (which is not really his fault) where he owes a large sum of money to greasy loan sharks. One of the loan sharks offers him a chance to gamble his debts away and even put some extra money in his pockets, a night of gambling on a cruise ship called the Espoir.

I don't really want to get too much into the details, because that would ruin the show if you know what's going to happen.

At first, you're probably like, "Pfft, it's gambling; how intense is it going to be playing cards" but it really is an intense show. It has everything I love in an animu series: a short opening, bad ass ending, manly characters, and the "JUST AS PLANNED" crap going on, but it rarely ever goes just as planned.

Oh, and I know most of the people here would be like "LOL THE DRAWING SYTLE IS SO LAME I'M WATCHING TORADORA" and that's just not right. I thought the style was manly and unique.

If you're interested in animu, give this one a Wikipedia search and even stream (lol) the first few episodes to give it a try, and the gambling thing is never done by luck in this show. Watch as Kaiji trumps the system and beats those that want to see him fail.

Seriously, at least give it a try.

Manly tears:
kaiji-7.jpg

You'll get to see a lot of these.

Shakraka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and I forgot to mention there's another series made by the same studio and everything; it's called Akagi and this one is about Mahjong which contains all of the good elements from Kaiji.

Shakraka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OneOfTheSame said:
Go watch One Out next B2E are subbing it, still airing.
I'm thinking about giving this one a try, as most recommend this to people that enjoyed Kaiji and Akagi, however I'm only half way through Akagi and I also saw that One Outs doesn't have the traditional noses as Kaiji and Akagi, which is an element I absolutely must need to watch now that I have immersed myself in Kaiji/Akagi art.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show