Hacking R4 Problems

cofig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my r4 won't play newer games like the star wars clone wars game and the sonic chronicles game. anybody else having these issues? if there is a fix please let me kmow. I have the r4 III upgrade and have already updated the sofware through the site. the last update was dated for april of '08.

Please help

AL

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Use YSMenu, it'll sove all your problems, well apart from Star Wars. That needs a fix from the DSTT team to be compatible. Read the stickies located at the top of this very sub-forum. They'll help you get YSMenu set up and it'll tell you the advantages of using YSMenu much better than I can!
smile.gif

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do either one of these methods.

1. For certain games (this includes Sonic Chronicles), not all of them, they have an arm7.bin file that blocks the game from being played on a flash card. To solve this, just look on GBATEMP for DSLazy, & the hacked arm7.bin file. Download them, & open DSLazy. Click the ... & choose the game (SC:DB). After it stops loading & says that loading was done/successful, click the button that says NDS Unpack. Wait until it is done & the folder pops up that has all of the game's contents. Now, take the hacked arm7.bin file, copy it, & paste it into the folder with the old DS game contents (i say copy so if something happens, you still have it & the original game, as long as you don't save over the original game). After you say "ok" to pasting the new arm7.bin file in the Game file, go back on DSLazy.(you should still have it in tabs below, if not, open again) Press NDS Packer. When you have to name the file & save it, just copy the name of the original game to the naming bar & go to a different directory. Your game is now fixed & ready to play on Firmware 1.18. That should only take about 10 min. to do.

2. If you want an easier way than patching every game you have to, do this. Like TrolleyDave said above, use YSMenu. The only long thing about this is finding the Yasu site, since i cant direct link it. To do this, you must get these things.

1. YSMenu.zip from the Yasu website. MAKE SURE TO GET YSMenu_ttextract080903.zip. (for now anyway, it the newest, & only one that works now.)I cannot give the link, for if i did, he has said he will quit making these patches work on R4, so when you do find it, don't give the link away.

2. R4ysauto. You can get that here. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879&st=225 If you have a good internet connection, you wont need the update files, thats only if u cant update with the program.

All you have to do, is take the YSMenu.zip file & put it in the R4ysauto file, without extracting contents of YSMenu. Open the r4.bat file, it is the best to use over r4custom. Update when it asks, follow the directions it gives. When it asks a question & has different choices in lines like this - EN/EU/JP/G/ - answer by typing the letters/numbers only, not the slashes, & pressing enter. Don't rush through it, you could accidentally miss the part where it says to wait for it to extract, then press enter when it stops loading. I would suggest YSMenu, i recently did this, & its easier than using 1.18 R4 firmware. It is still being updated, unlike R4 firmware, so there will be more game compatibility with this. The only major downfall there really is with YSMenu is Chrono Trigger. You must Patch it with a hacked patch online to play it, but that doesn't take much time at all.

Mike_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guatemala
I have installed the YSmenu but a lot of games still doesn't work. For example Harvest Moon Island of Happiness (the European version, wich I need because it has Spanish), Bomberman (I don't know why it doesn't work), Kirby Canvas Course... Well, there are a lot of games that doesn't work on my R4 even with the YSmenu, and as you can see, not all the games are that new (I believe bomberman is very old). If someone knows what is the problem, please help.

hoopy

Trophies
XP
Country
lool dont u just hate people who shuff crap into R4 users.
but at the end of the day what has more topics and posts?

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is a little harsh to bash users for having R4s, but more popular does not necessarily mean best.
All I can really contribute otherwise is to second the reccommendation to use YSMenu.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
hoopy said:
lool dont u just hate people who shuff crap into R4 users.
but at the end of the day what has more topics and posts?

Have you noticed though that most of the posts are complaints about games not working or whether or not peoples R4s are real or fake?

snooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi, guys,,new here and i am really frustrated with my son's r4, he could not play the new games. anyway, if i download the "ysauto" do i need to delete the old one from the sdcard (i dont know how to back them up too) or do i need to buy a new sd card,,,sorry about all these questions,,
frown.gif

Thanks

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Your best bet is back up all the games and saves, reformat the microsd card and then install YSMenu (the files are created using R4YSauto) onto the microsd card and copy the games and saves back on. That way you're guaranteed to not have any conflicts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs