Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
essentialgames.png
V-Rally 3
G.R. Issue #5 (GBA)

Did you get a kick out of Go! Go! Beckham! Adventure on Soccer Island?
We hope so.

Welcome to the fifth issue of GBAtemp Recommends! - a weekly magazine feature in which we share our favorite Game Boy Advance titles. The games we recommend may be top titles from the GBA library, or they may be sleeper hits that missed the radar, but one thing's certain, they're all great games that are worthy of a play through!

GBAtemp Recommends!

V-Rally 3
vrally3title.png
vrally3screenshot.png

Eager to check out just what the trusty old GBA can pull off?

Visually, V-Rally 3 is one of the most impressive games on the system. The in-car cockpit view was a first for GBA racing games and it really ups the game’s presentation.

If you’re into time trials and shaving those few extra seconds off your time then this game will be a worthy cause to dig up your GBA for. It features an array of tracks and modes, but as said, your only enemy in this game is the clock. Even if this puts you off you should check it out because it’s surprisingly addictive. V-Rally 3 is certainly worth taking a look at if you enjoy racing games or simply if you just want to see how far the GBA can be pushed.

Game Summary said:
As awesome as V-Rally 3 looks, it doesn't impress quite as much in the playability department. 3D graphics can only take a game so far, and while this game is a decent racer, it just can't come close to how well Ubi Soft's Colin McRae Rally 2.0 drives on the GBA. The game attempts to be a rally simulator, but ends up being more of an arcade-style racer because there's little technique necessary in getting through the locations' challenges. But if you're looking to see what your GBA is able to do graphically, V-Rally 3 will definitely wow you with its visuals.
eu.gif
#0473: V-Rally 3 (Paradox)
ja.gif
#0560: V-Rally 3 (Independent)
us.gif
#1851: V-Rally 3 (Rising Sun)

Genre: Racing
Publisher: Infogrames
Dumped on: 14/06/2002
ROM Size: 32Mbit

gicon.jpg
View in G-Online
c171.gif
Review of Game at IGN
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History
discuss.png
Discuss

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember being very impressed with it back then, the guys who did this game also did a bunch of other games with the same graphic/game engine, one of them was a driving stunt game which i had fun playing.
Also, the rom size is really small, its only 32 mbit!

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
There's a mistake in the history, you forgot to include Go! Go! Beckham.
Yeah I rushed it together (Opium wrote the game description).
I'll fix it later lol. Thanks for pointing it out though lol

*puts this game on his m3

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh nooo dont give me a reason to go back to my psp im not finished with all the good games on my ds yet!
cry.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tatumanu said:
I remember being very impressed with it back then, the guys who did this game also did a bunch of other games with the same graphic/game engine, one of them was a driving stunt game which i had fun playing.
Also, the rom size is really small, its only 32 mbit!
Velez & Dubail did this and also:

Driv3r
Asterix & Obelix XXL
Stuntman

Can't say I liked any of them to be honest, pretty much looks over gameplay but V-Rally was a great game. The developers don't do anything now. The engine was also used for a decent monster truck game too.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How long are you guys planning to post these recommendations?
Surely you can make it last at least a year, if you keep posting them once a week!
Fine by me, I'm really looking forward to some more posts!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Satangel said:
How long are you guys planning to post these recommendations?
Surely you can make it last at least a year, if you keep posting them once a week!
Fine by me, I'm really looking forward to some more posts!
It's a weekly feature with no plans for a hiatus... So expect a new one every Wednesday!

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is cool and all but eventually we will start getting into games that no one in their right mind would recommend. Unless you do all the recommends for GBA (That can actually be worth recommending) and then from there move onto a different system. Be it the Wii, DS, N64, GBC, GB, SNES, NES... And all those other systems (You know the non Nintendo ones).

PS. GBAtemp Recommends! History has not been updated. I noticed right after I saw the new "GBAtemp Recommends" was posted and figured it would have been fixed by now but its not.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
all other ones mentioned in the thread are good GBA racing games... but i agree that V-Rally 3 was the definitive GBA driving game. in car view made it just awesome, this way you didn't really notice your car is a 2D sprite.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Banger said:
It is cool and all but eventually we will start getting into games that no one in their right mind would recommend. Unless you do all the recommends for GBA (That can actually be worth recommending) and then from there move onto a different system. Be it the Wii, DS, N64, GBC, GB, SNES, NES... And all those other systems (You know the non Nintendo ones).

PS. GBAtemp Recommends! History has not been updated. I noticed right after I saw the new "GBAtemp Recommends" was posted and figured it would have been fixed by now but its not.

When I look at the GBA Essentials list, there are around 20 GBA games that are Essential. So you can be sure as hell that they will be recommended too
smile.gif

And then some underrated titles and some recommended, and then you have around 50 games, good enough for me
tongue.gif

They should stop then, and maybe go over to GC/GB/GBC, would be a great idea!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...