pictures.png
1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD.

Awesome! Was this game in any of the upcoming-release topics and I missed it? I can't believe they were making a Culdcept DS and I didn't hear about it until it came out. Now I just hope it comes out in the US...

For those who've never played the series, it's like a cross between a collectible card game and Monopoly. You summon monsters on spaces on the board to 'buy' them like monopoly properties, and upgrade spaces in the same way you buy monopoly houses and hotels. Most creatures have their own special powers, and there's also spells and so forth... and of course, if someone lands on one of your spaces, they have to fight the creature you placed there to avoid paying a toll.

Very fun.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
OH MY GOD.

Awesome! Was this game in any of the upcoming-release topics and I missed it? I can't believe they were making a Culdcept DS and I didn't hear about it until it came out. Now I just hope it comes out in the US...

For those who've never played the series, it's like a cross between a collectible card game and Monopoly. You summon monsters on spaces on the board to 'buy' them like monopoly properties, and upgrade spaces in the same way you buy monopoly houses and hotels. Most creatures have their own special powers, and there's also spells and so forth... and of course, if someone lands on one of your spaces, they have to fight the creature you placed there to avoid paying a toll.

Very fun.
Sounds like it'll use wifi well...

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Locked up on my CycloDS once, hopefully just a fluke.

The game is playable if you are familar with the PS2 or 360 game, but card text is challenging for non-Japanese speakers. Praying for either a fan translation or a localized version.

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh hell yes. Where did this come from? I had no idea there was a ds one in the works. Still waiting for PAL 360 release of Culdcept Saga but this will do nicely for now.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm surprised by the low amount of posts on this topic. I thought the game would generate more interest. If anyone ever decides to set up a translation project I'll help out with the translation. I should be able to translate most tutorial stuff without too much trouble.

I checked Culdcept SAGA on gamefaqs, and it took over a year for a translation to come out, so it should be worthwhile.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is great. It's like Itadaki Street (made by Square-Enix) combined with Yu-Gi-Oh. I liked the game before but I love it now that I've started playing the online mode.

- Downloadable maps, cards, rule-sets, etc. Incredible for a DS game.
- An entertaining yet quite restricted smiley based in-game chat system.
- You gain cards playing online just like you do playing offline so no need to play single player to unlock stuff.

I'm telling you guys, this game is very awesome. If anyone wants to play me, send me a PM.

Btw, if you get an error while trying to go online, make sure your internal DS clock is set on the correct time and date.

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I get lost with the japanese in WIFI but I can stumble through single player with knowledge of the PS2 version. There is the odd "surprise! this dude had first attack!" moment though.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The attacker generally attacks first. However, if you see the word "先制" on either a spell card or the creature, it means they will attack first. If both attacker and defender use it then it cancels eachother out.

As for wifi, after you connect in the first menu simply pick the first choice だれでも対戦 to play random people online. The next menu you see is a choice of "beginner" "normal" and "ranked" matches; again you can just pick the first. After that you pick your deck, the map you want to play on, and it'll start searching.

Also, the 6th option is download (ダウンロード). Here you can download cards and maps and stuff.

The game is a LOT better online.

BTW I offer anyone who wants to learn the game free lessons^^ When playing together online it is very easy to teach. Just send me a PM! Or just PM me if u want to play^^

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the info. I have a katakana chart that i'm trying to use and am told this will help a lot for this game too. Also if you know the other culdcept games you can press the right sholder button to get the english card name. Most of the cards are the same as the PS2 version but with different art.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum