Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I read about this somewhere else.

I honestly believe it's real. Nintendo is basically known for handheld gaming. So, I think they want to keep that alive. But I'm supporting them with this new DS. We could use one. Don't get me wrong, the DS Lite was pure awesome. But lacked some awesome features.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pretty sure it's true, but i hope that the new games will have the ability to use only one touch screen.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know. It wouldn't really make sense for Nintendo to make a new DS right now. Lites are still selling like crazy, so I doubt that we will see a new DS for a while, if at all.

Although the DS is very successful, at this point it would make a lot more sense for Nintendo to make an entirely new handheld. People are not really going to want to buy a new DS if it doesn't do anything new. Plus, if this is true, a top screen with touch capabilities would make it a new system that is backwards compatible with the DS Phat and DS Lite.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will just assume the image in the link has no connection with the rumored new version.

Either way, a fractionally larger screen and two touch screens and essentially nothing else equals not interested in the slightest.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Two touchscreens? Ha! Not on your life. It's not even practical. Larger screens? Yay, more prominent squareish pixels. Unless they intend to increase the resolution? And if they do will they stretch the res of the old games or just leave a nasty black space all around like the GBA games on the DS? And if they do stretch it will there be a filter to reduce pixellation?

Too many things that don't make sense. I'd be much more willing to say Nintendo is preparing an all-new dual screen console than "updating" the DS, one with better hardware, which is a vital point not mentioned by the rumor. To update the existing DS all I can think of is making use of the slot-2 RAM expansion it's the only viable idea of an upgrade. So either they're making a new console or this whole thing is bogus, but a DS update it cannot be.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not sold at all. and besides the nds is nowhere near dead enough to consider a marginal upgrade.
then again nintendo is notorious for sucking its fanbase dry with these upgrades and accessories soooooooo...

bottom line is this: of the ds is tanking then i could see the point of the upgrade, bu when its outselling psp's? makes no business sense to me.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm with Searinox, it'd make much more sense for them to just create an entirely new handheld with a higher res., more RAM, etc...

Though it's very unlikely they'll be releasing one any time soon, look at the massive release gap between the GB, and GBA. It just doesn't make sense, simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.