ROM Hack Rhapsody DS Redub

PKGINGO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm doing a redub of Rhapsody DS so we can have the english voices (and higher quality BGMs... they suck right now). My boyfriend has an R4 and I have a DS Xtreme 2GB. I noticed the card bandwidth on both of them is very different. On the DSX, the bandwidth is too low for the cut scenes, on the R4, its very fast. I need people with multiple types of flash cards to assist with debugging the cut scenes with music. My target goal for the romsize will be 256 MB, but will probably be much smaller if I need to decrease the bit rates.

So who do I need? Well I need dedicated testers willing to try out betas of the ROM on their flashcarts. The kicker is I need a WIDE variety of testers. So I will need at least 1 of every type to ensure its working optimally for all of them.

Specifically I need:
Cyclo
M3
G6
N5
DSX - 512 MB version

Did I miss anyone? Let me know.

Also, I dont have much time to go through the game, so another DSX 2GB and R4 user would be greatly appreciated but not needed. If anything, the game will be optimized for use on the DSX, all of the other cards SHOULD be able to keep up. Best cast scenario, if testers co-operate, I should be able to release a high bit rate version for audiophiles to use on faster cards like the R4.

Game is close to being done, just have a few more things to rip from the PSX version. Easily one of the easiest things to do. Google says everyone wants this... yet it has yet to be done? Weird lol. Anyway, let me know!

Edit: just saw CPhantoms post, weird google didn't come up with it. Anyway, by his description, his will only handle the musical parts, mine will be the entire score. His also borked on the DSX, so this will aim to fix those issues
smile.gif

Pioggia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can be the extra R4
biggrin.gif
(who isn't needed
cry.gif
)
but the m3 N5 and G6 all is a VERY similar system flashme thingy as the R4 (the N5 and G6 actually have the exact same interface ... as far as im aware ...)

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually am done 100% with all the music. The patch I have it entirely ready.

does it really mess up with other carts though? Me, I only tested it on my R4, and I know that emulators just screw it up, but I don't think speed would mess it up.

Then again, you said you were using a DS-X, lol.

CPhantom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
like, is it heavily off? On the R4 it is slightly behind, but not horrid. The text is actually just faster because of the Japanese songs being faster than the english. Is it like a heavily obvious flaw, or is it just slightly lagging?

It's actually not really possible to do a 100% sync up to the Japanese speed text at the bottom without cutting up the songs a bit more and then probably somehow changing the text box speeds.

CPhantom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
bingo.....
i havent gotten further then that atm. i could play it a bit more since im past the part where the prince just bought it....
I was actually thinking of releasing a song patch for that song. It was pretty off, and I was going to see if I could cut the time from the English song to make it fit more. More specifically, the timing between their singing could be trimmed to make it look nicer.

But yeah, also if you'd like to see the other song I was going to patch, it's further in the game, so spoiler box for your use if you'd like
Marjoly sings when she has the prince trapped in stone. This song is called Evil Witch, and the end of the song tends to run off course a bit and ends early. I was going to patch that up

CPhantom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
well if you do patch it let me know. i'll keep an eye on your thread.
off topic: hows finding that japanese album going?
So far no good. I wish I could find somewhere/someone with it, but I can't. It'd actually be easier adding that to the ROM than the English though to get the songs aligned, haha.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
I can test for CycloDS.
It's a bit of a surprise to see a redub thread, most ask for undubs.
lol cphantoms all done....read up.
im just working out some things with him now and trying to see if we can repatch the game with the japanese songs also as an alternative option

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow are the english songs that bad that you guys have to do all this?? Well you guys made the game sound fun im gonna download it first thing tomorrow and see.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can do backup testing for the M3 Real with all three firmwares if needed. I'm at chapter 2 right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning