Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Australian N3DS XL came with Ver. 9.0.0-20E and I just bought it last week.

I think up to this point all of the Eur region one do. My N3DS Ambassador Edition arrives today and if reports are accurate, and there's no reason why not, that will be 9.0 as well.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, my N3DS is at FW 9.0.0.x and i want to backup that before upgrading :) (for future purpose maybe)
And i don't want to hardmod my N3DS (if there is any hardware mod for that system)

Anyway, guess i'll have to wait and see :/

Keep in mind you can't restore your NAND backup if you upgrade to 9.3/9.4 without a HW mod

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
Ok Guys who did import an aussie N3DS? and what firmware did i t came? I am waiting from day to day to come :)

TiKYJAx.jpg

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to use my New 3DS, but I'm too preoccupied with my 3DS XL and Gateway at the moment to care too much, haha.

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Would love to use my New 3DS, but I'm too preoccupied with my 3DS XL and Gateway at the moment to care too much, haha.
So is this a special chapter in which they show us what is a character doing after a few years? and we find out that Scorpio is flaming posting in gbatemp:
Scorpio+flamethrower.png

Reactions: Sonicx64

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to garyopa Gateway are only supporting 9.0-9.2 N3DS, making most Japanese units useless unless they were updated in the short time available to do so.
I realise time is relative, but I wouldn't call that a short period of time. It was 5 weeks from when 9.0 was released to when Gateway first announced they were working on 9.x support and recommended people not update. A further 3 weeks went by before Nintendo patched the exploit.

8 weeks is more than enough time for people to update to a system version between 9.0 and 9.2.

garyopa said:
Not the same most of the aussie ones shipped with 8.1 and no web browser like the japanese ones.

With all due respect to garyopa, the above statement is blatantly untrue. None of the Australian retail new3DS units shipped with anything below 9.0.
I do realise that he doesn't actually have a 3DS himself, probably wasn't paying too much attention to the release, and is likely getting his information second or even third hand.

im sure a game with 9.0-9.2 will be released eventually....you know should it be true
Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's far more likely that games will be packed with 9.4 from the get go.

Shit is gonna go mental if this is true, as there are loads who imported 8.1 n3ds fw versions. It is false advertising, if they claimed 8.1 was supported and now its apprently not. Silently editing their post on their site about this is really bad and if no game card update is released with 9.xx fw, including myself and others are screwed.
looks like they've edited their website & removed the words where they said if you're on 8.1 firmware do not worry will bring support by game update or something like that !!!!

i hope they weren't telling us lies because a lot of people going to be angry over this,they've put their trust in the gateway team & imported 8.1 jap consoles !!
They have made no such edits to their posts, nor have they made any promises that 8.1 there would be 8.1 support.

Supporting older versions was first mentioned in their post on the 9th of December.
For users that did not update yet in this range, do not worry. We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.
Nothing mentioned about supporting or not supporting the new3DS on 8.1

Support for pre-9.0 units is mentioned again in their update on the 15th of December.
If you are wondering what native support we will bring for lower than sysnand 9.0, we can tell that after 9.0-9.2 we will start with 8.0-8.1 and gradually work our way down with support for even lower sysnand firmware versions.
Again, nothing specific said here to indicate that 8.1 will or will not be supported on the n3DS.

Both of these posts seem to be as they were when I first read them. So unless people can produce some sort of evidence to prove that they've edited their posts, I'm just going to go ahead and call bullshit.

I can't see why they wouldn't support 8.1, it doesn't seem sensible. Unless of course they couldn't.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
They have made no such edits to their posts, nor have they made any promises that 8.1 there would be 8.1 support.

Supporting older versions was first mentioned in their post on the 9th of December.

Nothing mentioned about supporting or not supporting the new3DS on 8.1

Support for pre-9.0 units is mentioned again in their update on the 15th of December.

Again, nothing specific said here to indicate that 8.1 will or will not be supported on the n3DS.

Both of these posts seem to be as they were when I first read them. So unless people can produce some sort of evidence to prove that they've edited their posts, I'm just going to go ahead and call bullshit.

I can't see why they wouldn't support 8.1, it doesn't seem sensible. Unless of course they couldn't.
Well they've said they're supporting 8.1 to Garyopa, myself and someone else on here.

The worry started because 8.1 on the N3DS doesn't have a web browser, and presumably is missing a http service. I guess this is why ninjhax doesn't work on 8.1 N3DS consoles, because the QR code can't download the payload. Without a web browser or QR code being an option, it got myself a little worried. That was of course all speculation, and might never have actually been the issue with ninjhax on 8.1 consoles at all.

Rokkubro

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible for the gateway team, while they're working on the Mii Maker exploit, to release a Gateway loader that runs under ninjhax? I don't know much about this sort of thing, but they'd only really need the stage 3 exploit then wouldn't they?
Yes... Yes of course! It will be here, soon... *cries*

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
A week ago I'd have said that would be highly unlikely, especially with no street date set. There have been emails posted asking if they'd wait for the new3DS worldwide release, the response was "no, we don't know when that may be".

But there's a Nintendo Direct scheduled for Wednesday in US/Europe. I'd be very surprised if they didn't announce a release date, especially with Europe sending out their Ambassador units recently.

If it's less than a month away, they'll wait. Just as Smealum did with Ninjhax.

I'm expecting the New 3DS launch to be next month. When the European Club Nintendo did a similar thing with the original DS as they have done recently with the New 3DS Ambassador Bundle the DS hit shop shelves a month later.

And if that's the case then it'll probably be a while until we see a console having 9.2 out of the box let alone 9.3 or 9.4. Although I suspect that any Majora's Mask bundles will have 9.4 or even 9.5 firmware update on the Majora's Mask game cart, assuming it isn't a download.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Ppl chill out, we are the one of the privilege ppl to play with a gateway in a nn3ds I think waiting it's something we can bear, I have 2 nn3ds one jap and one aus, probably I won't buy the USA one because it's not hackable and I can do much more on the exploited ones, just do something else while you wait

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure Gary gave an estimate of roughly a week for what I can assume is a public beta of the n3ds exploit. (I read a lot of what's posted so I'm usually always clued in)

Though when he estimated 48 hours it was pretty much 100 hours from his original estimate, so just give yourself a rough target of 2 weeks and you realistically shouldn't be disappointed.

Also a note for people wondering if the n3ds might get a downgrade, it's highly unlikely because of the big difference in hardware and the fact that nintendo plan to make the n3ds a seperate platform from the regular 3ds. So it's likely something is fundamentally different which means it isn't possible.

(as far as what's been said, 2DS however may indeed receive a downgrade ability, so it leaves room for speculation)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...