Zombie thread, RAAAGH

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
But on the other hand guys if they didn't have a working entrypoint for the n3ds why would they have an announcement about not being able to support 9.5 emunand or higher for a while and that they move forward with n3ds support?

you really never know with the gateway team,they could be making these announcements to maintain high sales of their Gateway card vs low sales for Sky3ds for as long as they can but later on they turned around & say sorry we thought we had it but we don't but it's still a work in progress so don't worry & as always enjoy nothing. :)

what i'm concerned about right now is WHY make an announcement Soon when people are expecting the long awaited update ? this tells me something is not right here. we shall find out soon but if they're going to delay the announcement too then to me this is another indication that something is not right,sadly the gateway team has no real competition so they can treat their customer which ever way they want,they even said on one of their email replies people who go to a competitor will realise later that they've made a mistake & come back to gateway. they know they have people by the balls & thus they can do what ever they want & unfortunately this is a FACT for now.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you really never know with the gateway team,they could be making these announcements to maintain high sales of their Gateway card vs low sales for Sky3ds for as long as they can but later on they turned around & say sorry we thought we had it but we don't but it's still a work in progress so don't worry & as always enjoy nothing. :)

what i'm concerned about right now is WHY make an announcement Soon when people are expecting the long awaited update ? this tells me something is not right here. we shall find out soon but if they're going to delay the announcement too then to me this is another indication that something is not right,sadly the gateway team has no real competition so they can treat their customer which ever way they want,they even said on one of their email replies people who go to a competitor will realise later that they've made a mistake & come back to gateway. they know they have people by the balls & thus they can do what ever they want & unfortunately this is a FACT for now.

Personally reading through the forum I think people are feeling like its been a long time because 3.0 (BETA) has been out since Jan 9th.. but realistically the N3DS has been out for like a week and 3.0 now isnt even an official release. I havent been on the forums for a while and seeing that the support isnt yet available for the n3ds is not surprising... but for someone checking the website twice a day would make it feel like a lifetime. I'm not saying that there may not be a problem but if there is an issue have a bit more faith in Gateway.. look at all that they've accomplished so far. They even have a video showing the Gateway working on a n3ds which just shows how badass they really are.. we all need to be patient and stop emailing them and sh!t ppl. I just bought a n3ds with 9.0 yesterday and I have no doubt in my mind that Gateway will pull through in the end as they've always have.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

le lol, i thought that too for a microsecond, then immediately thought "nah, it's just some 11 year old bad at titles".

But at least we get a 2nd msd slot as a bonus giving the option to have 256gb
Some day "soon" 128gb msd will be $19
You can already do that babe.
https://encrypted.google.com/#q=dual micro sd to sd

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Personally reading through the forum I think people are feeling like its been a long time because 3.0 (BETA) has been out since Jan 9th.. but realistically the N3DS has been out for like a week and 3.0 now isnt even an official release. I havent been on the forums for a while and seeing that the support isnt yet available for the n3ds is not surprising... but for someone checking the website twice a day would make it feel like a lifetime. I'm not saying that there may not be a problem but if there is an issue have a bit more faith in Gateway.. look at all that they've accomplished so far. They even have a video showing the Gateway working on a n3ds which just shows how badass they really are.. we all need to be patient and stop emailing them and sh!t ppl. I just bought a n3ds with 9.0 yesterday and I have no doubt in my mind that Gateway will pull through in the end as they've always have.

the AUS PAL N3DS was out for months so what ever exploit they had working on it is going to be the same one for US & EU N3DS consoles since they're all on 9.0 & 9.2 exploitable firmwares. to me it seems the delay is caused by a problem they can't over come any time Soon or maybe just maybe they're trying to implement 9.5 emunand support since Yellow8 found the keys for it but who knows if he would be willing to share it with the Gateway team because if i remember he did warn Nintendo about the flaw he found so it doesn't look like the type of guy who goes after $$.anyway we shall find out soon but how soon for just an announcement ?

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been out for four months. There are more regions than just North America if you hadn't noticed.

I have noticed that there are other regions and JAP has been out for 4 months but I was referring to the majority which are in US or EUR. Gateway would not release firmware until all regions are released even if it was complete and working for JAP before hand. They need to test everything for all regions and make sure that it works properly for all. Last thing you want is someone bricking a US or EUR n3ds with JAP only firmware or something :hateit: . My point is that it will probably be released soon now that all regions are out there and they are most likely making a few finishing touches and/or testing to make sure you don't get bricked. Just too much speculation going around.. all i'm saying is to be patient and no one here has the answers.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
anyway SonyUSA hasn't posted anything for 2 days i think,which is a good sign that she's preparing the announcement so it could be any time between now & sunday (hopefully). :)

Rather Dashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I've read through most of the 424+ pages of posts here and this is what I've figured out:
  • GW already works on N3DS its just that the exploit they used modified the sysnand and they don't want to do that in the general population.
    • Maybe it's the Mii Exploit that some people talked about?
    • SonyUSA mentioned that GW had posted their exploit online but took it down. Not sure how the Mii Exploit would access something online but either or, their sysnand was modified using the exploit.
  • GaryOPA has no idea what they are talking about.
  • Sky3DS works but apparently it's easily detectable on the system so it could easily be blocked in the future.
  • We're all basically out of luck until March as its the Chinese new year and I believe a lot of the GW team are Chinese.
  • People who are talking an exact date in August don't know what they are talking about.
I think I might pull the plug on waiting on GW and pull the trigger and take the plunge and buy a Sky3DS when/if
  • There is another update (9.7? 10.0?) and Sky3DS is still supported. Since they dropped the ban hammer on the headers in the template.txt it seems to me they are on the Sky3DS users.
  • Sky3DS supports N3DS only games like Xenoblades. Not going to drop $90 if it just supports the old 3DS games.
  • We still haven't heard from GW and both the above have happened.
So I'm sitting with my N3DS (9.0 black) playing regular DS games. Anyone have any good suggestions? I'm playing Animal Crossing and HeartGold.

[edit]

grammar trolls

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways.