Gaming Zombi U Demo now available (E.U eShop)

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone getting an MGS vibe from this game? I played the demo and I notice I play it just like I play MGS. I go through slow and methodically, look through everything, try not to alert enemies, etc. Is the whole game more or less like that?

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just beat this game. I have to say, I am not as impressed as I should have been, especially for the amount of time that Ubisoft had to develop this game. I would have much rather played Killer Freaks From Outer Space using that gun that shoots circular saw blades! This game did a lot of things right with the gamepad but failed almost everywhere else. No melee attack is definitely one of the worst things they could have done (only being able to push enemies away instead.) The game is incredibly short and they have no plans for DLC. The missions were incredibly lame and puzzles were non-existent. The amount of enemies is laughable in the fact that there are barely any at all let alone any real bosses or variety of enemy. You cannot jump either which is ridiculous to say the least. You cannot utilize any of the environment, say pick a screwdriver off of the ground and use it as a weapon, or tire, metal pipe, etc. The layout is cheap and entire sections of map were duplicated throughout the game down to every minute little detail. For instance, when you go to your save points, the sewer lid rooms, the holes in the brick walls that you are always climbing through. Even after 12 hours of playtime, you are still confused as fuck on where to go because everything looks the same. This title would have failed miserably on any other console.

Thumbs down from me, 2 out of 5 stars. Glad I got it cheap as hell off of ebay and can probably make a profit off of some sucker by putting it back up for sale at a higher price. Do yourself a favor, download Dead Island for your PC/Laptop and DO NOT EVEN BUY THIS GARBAGE!

I am just as disappointed with the game as with the Conduit series developed by High Voltage Software. Absolutely pathetic...

Reactions: jalaneme

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just beat this game. I have to say, I am not as impressed as I should have been, especially for the amount of time that Ubisoft had to develop this game. I would have much rather played Killer Freaks From Outer Space using that gun that shoots circular saw blades! This game did a lot of things right with the gamepad but failed almost everywhere else. No melee attack is definitely one of the worst things they could have done (only being able to push enemies away instead.) The game is incredibly short and they have no plans for DLC. The missions were incredibly lame and puzzles were non-existent. The amount of enemies is laughable in the fact that there are barely any at all let alone any real bosses or variety of enemy. You cannot jump either which is ridiculous to say the least. You cannot utilize any of the environment, say pick a screwdriver off of the ground and use it as a weapon, or tire, metal pipe, etc. The layout is cheap and entire sections of map were duplicated throughout the game down to every minute little detail. For instance, when you go to your save points, the sewer lid rooms, the holes in the brick walls that you are always climbing through. Even after 12 hours of playtime, you are still confused as fuck on where to go because everything looks the same. This title would have failed miserably on any other console.

Thumbs down from me, 2 out of 5 stars. Glad I got it cheap as hell off of ebay and can probably make a profit off of some sucker by putting it back up for sale at a higher price. Do yourself a favor, download Dead Island for your PC/Laptop and DO NOT EVEN BUY THIS GARBAGE!

I am just as disappointed with the game as with the Conduit series developed by High Voltage Software. Absolutely pathetic...

You expected waaaaaay too much from this game.Why the hell would there be bosses? Lol.

And how did you not know where to go? It's the simplest thing ever. Also you're wrong, the only places that were duplicated was the safehouse shortcuts and the save points, like the sheds. That's it.

The game is fun as long as you know how to play it right lol. I wouldn't say "Don't buy it" and I won't say "Buy it" I'd say try it because it's a love/hate game.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a game, why would there not be a boss? name a zombie game that hasn't had some some sort of boss(es.) The Dude does not approve of that dumb remark.

the save houses shortcuts, the save points, the areas where there were doors heading to other places on the map like in the subways, all identical. that is a huge issue, man. even the survivors look identical, even down to the hairstyles and cuts on their faces, only thing that changed was their name and occupation... being completely repetitive down to every last detail, it shows extreme laziness and lack of creativity, like they rushed the game, which it is obvious that they did.

lots of glitches as well. standing under a platform and being able to grab an item sitting on top of it, being able to kill enemies through solid objects with the cricket bat, doors disappearing, not being able to loot a body if it is in a passageway or on top of something, etc... sloppy, sloppy, sloppy with some lazy on top...

notice you didn't argue any of the other points... probably because this game is absolute garbage and you know it. only people that i see being impressed by this game are people who have only owned a wii and suck at games.

the game was lazy, short, the story line was lame and so were the dull missions, the very few that there even were.

say what you will, but the game is a joke and i am just telling it how it is.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's a game, why would there not be a boss? name a zombie game that hasn't had some some sort of boss(es.) The Dude does not approve of that dumb remark.
Again, not all games need bosses. Shut up.

the save houses shortcuts, the save points, the areas where there were doors heading to other places on the map, all identical. that is a huge issue, man. even the survivors look identical, even down to the hairstyles and cuts on their faces, only thing that changed was their name and occupation... being completely repetitive down to every last detail, it shows extreme laziness and lack of creativity, like they rushed the game, which it is obvious that they did.
Characters look the same? lol okay, I think you are the lazy one.

lots of glitches as well. standing under a platform and being able to grab an item sitting on top of it, being able to kill enemies through solid objects with the cricket bat, doors disappearing, not being able to loot a body if it is in a passageway or on top of something, etc... sloppy, sloppy, sloppy with some lazy on top...
Uh what? Maybe it's just stuff you ran into but it isn't that big lol. I played through the game and ran into none of these glitches. I've heard of some people running into small bugs before the patch but not now. I think you're making shit up now.

notice you didn't argue any of the other points... probably because this game is absolute garbage and you know it. only people that i see being impressed by this game are people who have only owned a wii and suck at games.
Aaaaaand you just proved to us why we can't take you seriously now. Game isn't garbage, I'm glad I paid full price for it and I'm replaying through it a third time. I think it's an awesome game.

the game was lazy, short, the story line was lame and so were the dull missions.
I'll give that to you, not the lazy part. But the game isn't about story, it's about how long you can survive and how many points you can get. Story was just tacked on to give it something.

say what you will, but the game is a joke and i am just telling it how it is.

No, you're saying how you think it is. You don't speak for everyone dude. Lots of people love the game (like me), lots of people hate the game (like you). Hence why I said it's a love/hate game. But a lot of people also don't like it for the wrong reasons, such as them expecting something else with lots of ammo and the game being easy and shit.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah, they only had about 8 character models through the entire game as survivors, i would say that is quite repetitive. last i knew, when i was stationed at RAF Mildenhall in england for three years, 1 in every 8 people didn't look exactly the same!

as for the glitches, they are there, in not in moderation either. i am not making anything up, i played and beat the game from front to back and put almost 20 hours in the first time through getting absolutely everything you could possibly get.

so all i see is you telling me to shutup, telling me i am making up shit and not even giving any examples to back up your statements... this how how we know not to take YOU seriously...

all i can say is that i am glad you are not writing game reviews, because every game would get a 10 out of 10 if you were reviewing it.

by the way, you are not cool enough to have The Dude as your avatar, you should probably change it it to Dilbert or Pee-Wee Herman or something...

EDIT:

HERE are all of your game breakers and bugs/major issues. This game is BROKEN!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh yeah, they only had about 8 character models through the entire game as survivors, i would say that is quite repetitive. last i knew, when i was stationed at RAF Mildenhall in england for three years, 1 in every 8 people didn't look exactly the same!

Umm... what? On my first play through I died a good 10 or so times before I got the hang of the game and none of the characters looked the same...

as for the glitches, they are there, in not in moderation either. i am not making anything up, i played and beat the game from front to back and put almost 20 hours in the first time through getting absolutely everything you could possibly get.
Then it's something that you experienced and I feel bad that hindered your experience with the game.

so all i see is you telling me to shutup, telling me i am making up shit and not even giving any examples to back up your statements... this how how we know not to take YOU seriously...

all i can say is that i am glad you are not writing game reviews, because every game would get a 10 out of 10 if you were reviewing it.

I'm glad you don't do revi... actually you might. You work for GameTrailers or Kotaku right?

Anyways, I didn't think it was needed for me to give out reasons why I like the game as well it's pretty much opposite of what you experienced, I thought that was obvious, guess not. So let me do it here:

- The different zombies were a nice mix up. For example, the exploding zombies couldn't be meleed, so should you shoot him or try to avoid him?

- Game play is fun. The meleeing makes for tense moments. and items you get such as the flare, molly, and grenade are fun to play with and a great way to save you. Also, the fact that you aren't supposed to kill every zombie and instead just survive with limited ammo, you have to choose whether or not to kill that one zombie, or try and run.

- I liked the fact that you can level up weapons and increase their capabilities. And the looting was pretty fun mainly for the fact with scarce ammo, when I looted a special room or something and there was lots of ammo, I was like "FUCK YA!"

- When you die it's not game over, instead you have the option to go back and kill your zombie to get your stuff back and that you always take over another survivor.

- The tight hallways and the fact that you can't jump also added to the experience I thought as it made it difficult to get away from zombies, which is just fine because if you could jump then it wouldn't be as tense. Also I'm glad they didn't make it so you can pick up whatever and use it as a weapon. I found no need for it.

- I loved how all the places had their different feel. The nursery was creepy as hell, the streets literally made me feel like an apocalypse had happened, reminded me of 28 days later.

by the way, you are not cool enough to have The Dude as your avatar, you should probably change it it to Dilbert or Pee-Wee Herman or something...

Lol avatar advice coming from a guy wearing clown make up flashing a bunch of bills as if he's rich.. yeah no thanks. Also Dilbert and Pee-Wee are fucking awesome, so that's not a bad idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    OnlyWizard&WarioFans.com
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just want a wizard to stick his wand (whether literal or figurative is up to interpretation, either way it's either freaky or sus, or both i guess) up my ass
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm making Texas sheet cake for first time today, my Nieghbor brought us some few weeks ago and damn that's good, so I got her recipe and gonna try it today.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    mmm, sounds good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not a brownie, and its not a cake, so what is it- Texas sheet cake.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded out of the cakes everywhere while baking, was still ok tho, just no lava inside.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for them to play in. Well today I woke to find 3 ducks swimming around in it. Don't mind really but they are annoyingly loud, quack quack. Gotta drain it today. Guess what were having for dinner, lol.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    BBQ'd 🦆
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i'm sorry your molten lava cakes failed
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just looked up a pic of texas sheet cake, and it looks delicious
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🌋 Science Project?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?