Translation Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project

GEO9875

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication to not give up! It's great to know people out there are very passionate about this underrated little gem of a series and managed to bring to us the only installment stuck in Japan land! Thank you!

gyrogogozeppeli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bookmarked this project so I can check its status once in awhile.
I'm glad you guys completed the project! Good job! Looking forward to trying this out when I can!

NeonBlack79

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was not tracking the project anymore and today I discovered that the translation is actually complete and the patch available.

Thanks to the whole team for this amazing gift :bow:

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the game takes forever to load
It doesn't. We tested it on various platforms and the game always loads everything within a matter of a few seconds matching the loading times of the original. Please make sure to use the latest version of whatever you are using to play the game and provide more information in case the problem still persists.

Reactions: Henchman1

IX285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to take look at AD-HOC mode however,intro seems bugged,tested using latest PPSSPP between two local devices
Also to mention,weird bug can happen preventing players from actually finishing the level at all

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It doesn't. We tested it on various platforms and the game always loads everything within a matter of a few seconds matching the loading times of the original. Please make sure to use the latest version of whatever you are using to play the game and provide more information in case the problem still persists.
strange why on my psp it takes eternity to load im using latest CFW

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You might want to take look at AD-HOC mode however,intro seems bugged,tested using latest PPSSPP between two local devices
Also to mention,weird bug can happen preventing players from actually finishing the level at all
Which level do you mean and what's the bug preventing the players from finishing it? It sounds a bit like a general problem with PPSSPP that would also occur with the japanese version but with more information I'd be happy to take a look.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Which level do you mean and what's the bug preventing the players from finishing it? It sounds a bit like a general problem with PPSSPP that would also occur with the japanese version but with more information I'd be happy to take a look.
well i got rid of issue only when i downloaded unpatched iso and used patch

IX285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd not be surprised considering PPSSPP developers perhaps care more about UI of emulator,not what kind of stuff
can they fix,so it might not be your problem at all,what would be hilarious considering they won't do anything

GordonG

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello, I got a game breaking bug, not sure if it caused by translation or not, sadly the save is not working with the Japanese version.

At Toudai Street, where you need to go to the Magoya Mart's back door, first you need to go to the 2nd floor and got the key from a dead person, then return to 1st floor and open blocked door with the key, then if you get the purple costume inside that room, you can notice that the hand of main character glitched, and then if you go outside, game just freezes. I tried it on different emulator versions and OSs, but the bug never let me outside of the building. And even if you don't pick the costume, and avoid everything and just get to the 2nd floor and then return back - the game will freeze anyway.

But I found easy solution - you just need to equip gloves, boots, hat, and change costume to different one. Sometimes it makes no difference, but after a few tries if you found an appropriate set of clothing, the bug will dissapear, hand in the purple costume will not be bugged and the game can be continued without issues.

I uploaded saves for testing.

I checked full walkthrough in YouTube, the man passes this room in gloves. So I'm not sure if it's coincidence or maybe this bug was already known.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by GordonG,
Reactions: swosho

NocturnalMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for posting such a detailed description, @GordonG
I've read about bugs in Magoya Mart before in various Japanese blogs and one is even mentioned on the Japanese Wikipedia article for the game.
Unfortunately the descriptions on these sites are always a bit vague so it's hard to tell if this is the same bug, but there definitely is a problem in Magoya Mart with the official version of the game.
It seems likely to me that this issue is not caused by the patch so I can't make any promises about fixing this but at least I'll check if there's some obvious issue with this section of the game.

Reactions: swosho and GordonG

swosho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
First off, thank you for the patch! You guys really did justice to the game!
That said, there are pretty major technical issues concerning the FMVs. For instance, the second Song FMV (JP ver.) on Rina's playthrough stops playing about a minute in on the actual PSP/Vita, while on PPSSPP that spot just stutters briefly but the playback carries on. And the post-credits epilogue that I got on Naoki's playthrough didn't play back at all on PSP/Vita. Edit: My bad, I was wrong!
There may be more broken videos but I didn't bother with testing out all of them, as all the re-encoded FMVs have to be re-done anyway...
Here's how the untouched video looks like:​
fmv_og.png

And here's the re-encoded one:​
fmv_tl.png
Either the videos fed to UMD Stream Composer were encoded with full colour range, or/and the "brightness scale" in UMDSC was set to 0-255 instead of the default 16-235 value, resulting in severely crushed blacks and a loss of detail.

Here are some tips for addressing both of the issues:
1. Simply exporting uncompressed AVIs for UMD Stream Composer with the 4:2:2 YCbCr (YUY2) (BT.601) (Limited Range) pixel/colour format does the job to keep the colours and contrast as they were in the untouched FMVs. The "brightness scale" setting in UMDSC should also be left alone ofc.
virtualdub_and_umdstreamcomposer.png

2. In contrast with PPSSPP, the actual hardware is usually not tolerant to any "mishaps" in PMF headers. I bet it's the same case here, judging by a couple of re-encoded PMFs.
Make sure that the video & audio tracks have 1:1 the same length as their untouched counterparts so you can just copy-paste the whole 0x50-0xAF range from the original PMFs into the new ones.
pmf_hdr.png

You can also quickly check whether the modded PMFs have any playback issues and/or borked colours on PSP/Vita using this homebrew PMF player.

There's also this unrelated to the playback issues but still worth mentioning thing with re-encoded videos here being downgraded from progressive scan to interlaced for some reason...
interlaced.png

Hit me up if you need any assistance with the videos.

Last edited by swosho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?