• Total voters

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
VLR is definitely better than 999. The mindblows are all so amazing.
I still hold 999 in high regard though. The only thing I think is lacking in VLR is the fear factor. You don't have as much effect of fear from approaching an ending or going through the doors without that Titanic like, creaky atmosphere. The warehouse environment kinda kills it.

True, I was kinda thinking about that. I was scared out of my mind when Zero first appeared in the beginning of 999 and was out of my mind freaked out during the true ending with everybody going insane, but this one wasn't really scary or anything it was just mystery/sci-fi thing. Even with the method of killing, I think being blown up is a whole lot scarier/cooler/grosser than just a painless injection. Plus technically if you cut off your arm you can escape the injection, and there was no way to rid yourself of the bomb in 999. I can't really compare 999 with VLR yet since we still don't know VLR's actual ending, and you can't really judge a novel without knowing the ending, so we'll just have to c what they'll do in the third game XD.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how long the 3DS demo last for? (Gameplay time) Still waiting for the game to get dispatched by Amazon and figured the demo would be something to hold me off.

(I don't mean the 30 uses. I mean how long it takes to complete the game.)

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure about the 3DS but I assume it is similar to the Vita's.

You get one chapter of visual novel. And one puzzle/room. Didn't take overly long to finish the demo. :) Partially because it is in Easy Mode by default.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when's Zero Escape 3 coming out? :P
I can't believe this game was even more mindblowing than 999. Darn, I wish I played through this slower. I'm trying to replay this game with Japanese voices instead of English now, but it's irksome trying to associate some phrases that don't match in the translation.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you do not use a guide, it will take around 30 - 40 hours to beat, if you use a guide it will take around....i wanna say 4 - 5, but im not too sure.

dont use a guide, it ruins the fun.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you do not use a guide, it will take around 30 - 40 hours to beat, if you use a guide it will take around....i wanna say 4 - 5, but im not too sure.

dont use a guide, it ruins the fun.
That can't be right. Not if you want to get all endings at least. I'm a fast reader and in 13 hours I got to 6 out of probably 9 "good" endings, but I could only actually finish two because the other four were locked. And I know from experience that some (most?) of the locked endings conceal even more dialogue and choices.
One of the locks was ridiculous; once I had gotten past the first lock there was a second one immediately on the next flowchart unit so still no dice >_>

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That can't be right. Not if you want to get all endings at least. I'm a fast reader and in 13 hours I got to 6 out of probably 9 "good" endings, but I could only actually finish two because the other four were locked. And I know from experience that some (most?) of the locked endings conceal even more dialogue and choices.
One of the locks was ridiculous; once I had gotten past the first lock there was a second one immediately on the next flowchart unit so still no dice >_>

The locked endings will have more dialogue, but not really choices, only maybe 1 or 2 of them will have 2 choices, and those would be a quick game over. I would say 30-40 hours is a pretty good estimate too. I guess if you really wanna stretch it it could go to 50 hours, but I would say the average is 30-40.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, I've been digging into this game. The writing and voice acting is top notch, surprisingly.

I already got the part where Dio dies in that bed, and his watch is smashed so it's just Sigma left in the game now and the To Be Continued...
I also got the ending where K escapes like a dick.

But now I'm at the part where I'm in the Gaulem Bay, and I love Golem. His writing is awesome, especially when he goes on about the subconscious:
"When you crossed your arms, were you thinking... "Right then, let's cross 'em, shall we? Curl on down then, mouth! Oh, and eyebrows, I'd be much obliged if you squeeze in a bit, there's a good pair of blokes!"...
"...Ain't no man on Earth who says to hisself, "Feeling a mite nervous, I'll just twitch me leg around a bit."...
"...Who's thinking real hard about something and says to themselves, "Well, think I'll just give the old loaf a scratch, that oughta help."

That made me laugh so hard.

Reactions: BlackAngel5

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i completed this game last night (took me just over 40hours for everything) and honestly, this is simply a superb game. I am really sad that its over, from start to finish there was no dips in the story, everything was aptly explained (some a lil more outragous than others) but i cannot find fault with this game, iv been playing the english version with no english voiceovers but even so, the writing in the game is perfect, it has ALOT of plot twists and no matter which "route" you take on the flowchart, there is always something suprising along that path that you wont find along any other path.

It all comes together to make an ending that quite frankly couldnt be much better, the story doesnt let up and the ending is pretty damn good in my opinion, you feel the game wasnt rushed and they put alot of thought into giving this game a solid story from start to finish and not just trying to "tie up" the ending like alot of other games do, It just goes to show how good stories can be in games when they try.

Iv got some questions for people who have completed the game, MASSIVE SPOILERS so DO NOT open my spoiler tag and DO NOT QUOTE MY POST if you havent completed the game fully, im talking the full 40hour experience of a game, there WILL be spoilers for you if you have no completed the full game so DO NOT open it or it WILL ruin the game for you. You have been warned.

Reminder, HUGE spoilers here, DO NOT OPEN IF YOU HAVENT COMPLETED ALL THE GAME.
What did you guys think to the twist of the other players not knowing who the guy in the pod was at the end? I thought that was a genius twist that i did not see coming at ALL, sigma's reaction and mine were almost identical and when he went to the pond to look at his reflection i just felt a sudden joy of OH. MY. GOD. and i knew exsactly what that ment in terms of the game.

Also loved the explaination of the slower brain proccessing speed to explain why phi could jump high, same with K being able to leap out of the AB rooms. All the plot twists in this game were brilliant and well explained. What do you think will happen now that sigma has gone back? (and if you've got the hidden ending, what do you think of that?)

Reactions: ehuehh

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
ugh. The the game crashed on me (On 3DS). Hope they release a patch...

I have had the game freeze during an escape in the
library room
and it forced me to restart the 3DS but my save still worked and i just had to re-do the room and it worked fine from then till i finished the game.

So far I've had no problems with the game. I mean, I read reports of saving in escape rooms will fuck up your game and shit, but I haven't had any problem thus far, and I've saved in every escape room too.

I know its easy to get confident the game will be fine but i really wouldnt risk saving in the escape room, the game is LONG and if the save corrupts when you are even 10hours into the game then you wont wanna do it again, let alone if you get towards the end of the game.

I didnt save in any of the escape rooms, only during novel sections and like iv just said, i only had the game freeze on me once and it was during an escape section, luckily it was ok coz i just went back to a previous save in a novel section before. Honestly tho, it isnt worth the risk, alot of people have reported it happening, i dont think any copy of the game is safe untill its confirmed a patch will fix it.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't had any problems with the game except for one freeze in the infamous PEC room. And when I say freeze I mean pressing the power button wouldn't work anymore, home button didn't work anymore etc. The only way I could turn it off was by holding the power button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He put it down when the 3ds came out