Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Discussion Thread

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by iron_man99, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Have you played 999?

Yes 70 vote(s) 72.9%
No 26 vote(s) 27.1%
Oct 9, 2012
    • Newcomer

iron_man99 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    [IMG]

Out now. But the best way to get this game is to order it from either a brick and mortar store or the internet because this game is very hard to find

If you haven't tried the first one, here is a sneak peak. Its not a rom since its on aksys's offical website
    http://aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo

Also HYPED for Zero escape for 3ds. Who else is?

ALSO PLEASE DONT POST AND SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU PUT THEM INTO SPOILER TAGS. Dont want to ruin it for people who dont have the game

http://www.amazon.co...rds=zero+escape

"The PEC Room glitch(Do not save during that, only before and after. Don't save during any puzzles, actually.) kept discouraging me(just kept freezing, thankfully no save erasure), otherwise I'd probably have it completed by now" -Greatzimkogway

[IMG]

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス Kyokugen Dasshutsu Adobenchā Zennin Shibō Desu?, lit. "Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die) is a visual novel developed by Chunsoft. It is a successor to the Nintendo DS title 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and is created by the same staff, including writer-director Kotaro Uchikoshi and character designer Kinu Nishimura.[4] The game contains full voice acting,[4]and is rendered in 3D models, rather than 2D sprites like its predecessor. Though the story is self-contained, it contains several references to 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.[5]

Special OVA English

The title was officially confirmed for a late 2012 release by Aksys Games(which also published the North American version of its predecessor) in North America via Nintendo Power magazine's March 2012 issue. It will be published in the PAL region in November 2012 by Rising Star Games.[1](Borrowed from Wikipedia.org, http://en.wikipedia....27s_Last_Reward)

[IMG]
    Last edited by iron_man99, Oct 31, 2012

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm just curious as to whether the voice acting is optional.
    • Newcomer

iron_man99 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    i think you can change it between Japanese and English

edit: they probably will also have a audio switch. Don't take me on my word though
    • Newcomer

BlackAngel5 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Yaaaay!!! I was hoping someone would make this thread, since I don't have the guts to start my own ^_^. Anyways, for some reason I'm imagining it to be like other visual novels and there would be a controller in which you can adjust music/sound effects/voice. So I'm pretty sure you can turn off the voice acting if you want, obviously we won't be sure until the game comes out or someone with the japanese game tells us XD.

porkiewpyne Report-er

Message Count:
    Australia
    From what I remember, for the US ver, it is possible to switch between the original Japanese audio and the English one. However, RSG's version will only have the Japanese audio :\

[insert yet another rant about Ninty's stupidity with their region locking]

God I am glad I got the PS Vita one though I would have preferred to play it on the 3DS. Oh well

emigre Putting out the fire with gasoline

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    For fuck's sake...
    1 people like this.

Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Message Count:
    Australia
    I think the PAL Rising Star Games will only have japanese voices and not english. Oh well, jap dub is always generally better.

EDIT: Yep, go on their Facebook page and they say so.

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Wait a sec, are you guys saying what i think you're saying? that for the UK version there will be NO english voice acting? o.O

Ok a quick google check and its aparently true. Thats complete BS, i agree with alot of people that english voice acting is sometimes awful but to get rid of it entirely? What the hell...

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Message Count:
    Australia
    I don't give a damn about anything apart from "It will be published in the PAL region in November 2012 by Rising Star Games."
    Sweet good god! I was basically whining about there being no way for me to play it with my 3DS and boom, here it is!
    3 people like this.

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Haha! Way to shed light on the situation. Yup, english audio or not, this will be a day 1 purchase!

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Message Count:
    United States
    Really excited for the game.

Also did anyone else preorder to get the watch from Amazon?
    • Newcomer

Jarathaxe New Member

Message Count:
    United States

Actually I believe there is English voice acting. If you go to the official website http://virtueslastreward.com/ under the cast heading there are voice samples in both Japanese and English. I played the original, and loved it. I knew that this was coming out at some point, but the release snuck up on me. I thought this wasn't out till early next year.

Mr. Prince New Member

Message Count:
    Saudi Arabia
    I loved the original 999! Different endings, different choices, DIFFERENT game! :yaynds: (I'm going to buy the 3DS one...)

porkiewpyne Report-er

Message Count:
    Australia
    That's because that is the official site which does not take region into account. Aksys' ver does have both. RSG decided to omit it. At least at this point in time. There is a chance that they may change but I am not holding my breath tbh. Heck if you check RSG's site, there isn't even anything about VLR even until now. As I have said before, their FB page is by far better which is a surprise.

Coconut New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I need this. :D
    • Newcomer

iron_man99 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    The plot twist on 999 is da stuff. I like how it surprises you even when you don't expect it.

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Message Count:
    Argentina
    Meanwhile, 999 got a new cover art.
    [IMG]
    1 people like this.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    I meant on/off, not language.
    • Newcomer

iron_man99 New Member

Message Count:
    United States

xshinox New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    i can't wait to get mines. pre ordered at gamestop and found out about the pre order watches so canceled gamestop and pre ordered off amazon with watch. i hope i get the blue LED one. if i get red or green, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SPONSORED LINKS