Gaming Zelda Wii U delayed to 2016

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally have no idea how else you can interpret that into anything but the fact that it isn't coming out this year. He even mentions the year.
I literally have no idea how well you can comprehend PRIORITY. As in its not a priority to release it this year. Look at the video again before you embarrass yourself any further.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think it'll go like this:

Delayed to 2016 > Delayed again > Becomes a launch title for Nintendo's new home console

It's a good move, but very disappointing for Wii U owners as so far 2015 Wii U games have been utter shit.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's okey for me that they delay it. I rather have a good Zelda game and not a mediocre like Skyward Sword (I just got bored of it and got tired of swinging the damn wii remote). So... Animal Crossing announcement on E3 then? Too take it's place?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Had you bothered to watch the miiverse video at all, you would have seen that He specifically stated that for those expecting the game to come out at years end, he apologizes for the disappointment.

Erm...what RemixDeluxe just said in the post above me. The direct quote (from the subtitles):

I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Uii U the best game it can possibly be.
So I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end
but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority.
Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game.

So please...don't act like RemixDeluxe is wrong, because he isn't (and you're somehow attempting to correct him by basically confirming what he said). In all cases, it's this thread title that is wrong:
-2016 is NEVER mentioned in this video. It's of course the logical next date, but it could be 2017, 2018 or 2525 for all we know. Those dates are just as valid as your proposed 2016.
-technically speaking, it's not delayed either. Going by the video, there's even a chance that it is still going to be released in 2015. Of course, we all know the software industry enough to know that this sort of messages clearly convey that it's going to take more time, but still: the correct thread title should be in the lines of "Zelda wii U most likely not coming in 2015".

As for the content of the news itself...Christ, allmighty. I knew when they announced it, it would've been better they didn't put up a year. I knew some people would expect it earlier than the end of the year (which is right), and that they would be disappointed if it didn't meet their own imaginary (E3) release date.
But since these guys are self-proclaimed masochists (meaning: they're just going to complain no matter what ninty does), I don't exactly feel sorry for 'em. And as for it being most likely delayed...meh. I'll be playing other good games in the mean time.

BTW...why are people yapping that they won't be showing anything at E3? As with the 2016 date, E3 is NEVER MENTIONED in the freakin' video. Can we pretty please NOT go around starting stupid rumors?

Okay, I'll take it back. Starting rumors is fun. Since everyone is doing it, I'd like to start a few of my own:
-you'll be playing as Zelda this time. And it'll be about a legendary guy called Link (or whomever you name said hero at the start).
-there will be DLC, as such degrading nintendo to the depths of hell, directly next to EA.
-the music instrument in this Zelda game will be a DJ turning table, which you'll operate by collecting vinyl tracks and using your hand on the gamepad to mix them into a groovy medley.

Yup...and you all better believe me because I WATCHED THE FREAKING VIDEO!!! :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'll take back this last one. Hadn't read the first post below the twitter account[/quote], which indeed states they won't be showing the game at E3.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Noooooo :cry:
I'm glad that they're taking the time to make the game as good as it can possibly be, but I'm so hyped already. I'm not sure how I'm gonna survive another year if I'm already this hyped.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone else that has above a 3rd grade reading level, he clearly says its not a priority to release it this year (that does not confirm its not releasing this year.)

Here you go.

Screenshot%202015-03-27%2021.14.57.png

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...what RemixDeluxe just said in the post above me. The direct quote (from the subtitles):

I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Uii U the best game it can possibly be.
So I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end
but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority.
Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game.

So please...don't act like RemixDeluxe is wrong, because he isn't (and you're somehow attempting to correct him by basically confirming what he said). In all cases, it's this thread title that is wrong:
-2016 is NEVER mentioned in this video. It's of course the logical next date, but it could be 2017, 2018 or 2525 for all we know. Those dates are just as valid as your proposed 2016.
-technically speaking, it's not delayed either. Going by the video, there's even a chance that it is still going to be released in 2015. Of course, we all know the software industry enough to know that this sort of messages clearly convey that it's going to take more time, but still: the correct thread title should be in the lines of "Zelda wii U most likely not coming in 2015".

As for the content of the news itself...Christ, allmighty. I knew when they announced it, it would've been better they didn't put up a year. I knew some people would expect it earlier than the end of the year (which is right), and that they would be disappointed if it didn't meet their own imaginary (E3) release date.
But since these guys are self-proclaimed masochists (meaning: they're just going to complain no matter what ninty does), I don't exactly feel sorry for 'em. And as for it being most likely delayed...meh. I'll be playing other good games in the mean time.

BTW...why are people yapping that they won't be showing anything at E3? As with the 2016 date, E3 is NEVER MENTIONED in the freakin' video. Can we pretty please NOT go around starting stupid rumors?

Okay, I'll take it back. Starting rumors is fun. Since everyone is doing it, I'd like to start a few of my own:
-you'll be playing as Zelda this time. And it'll be about a legendary guy called Link (or whomever you name said hero at the start).
-there will be DLC, as such degrading nintendo to the depths of hell, directly next to EA.
-the music instrument in this Zelda game will be a DJ turning table, which you'll operate by collecting vinyl tracks and using your hand on the gamepad to mix them into a groovy medley.

Yup...and you all better believe me because I WATCHED THE FREAKING VIDEO!!! :rolleyes:
cccde3882fb6279bc6ac910ed3419f70.jpg

Also I'm not going to bother arguing it anymore, I'll wait for the game to release in 2016 to prove my point I suppose :mellow:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I literally have no idea how well you can comprehend PRIORITY. As in its not a priority to release it this year. Look at the video again before you embarrass yourself any further.

How hard is it to comprehend that there is absolutely no intention of the game releasing in 2015?

How does it get any clearer?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is it to comprehend that there is absolutely no intention of the game releasing in 2015?

How does it get any clearer?
That it was never said it was delayed to 2016. The number "2016" nor the word "delayed" was ever used in that video, both you and chavosaur need to *post edited* comprehend the message better. Do it for everyone's sake, please.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Boomer. Then 2016 IT SHALL BE.
Perhaps people should start buying a couple more Wii U, you can always find some place for a new dust collecting paperweight.
Well, I hope they don't announce tomorrow that the western release of Xenoblade X has been delayed until SOON™.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Zelda and Star Fox would make Nintendo's next home console launch line up pretty sweet so how about making them no longer Wii U games? That might be what Nintendo's going for given their past with TP and so.

We barely know anything of Star Fox so doubtful it'll even be released this year for sure, or even on the Wii U.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zelda and Star Fox would make Nintendo's next home console launch line up pretty sweet so how about making them no longer Wii U games? That might be what Nintendo's going for given their past with TP and so.

We barely know anything of Star Fox so doubtful it'll even be released this year for sure, or even on the Wii U.
I don't know.
If they Saturn the Wii U, I seriously predict their NX will be Dreamcasted.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disapointing news :/ was hopping to see some new previews of zelda at the next E3.. oh well...i guess i'm gonna throw myself down a bridge now.. ..or.. i can always wait and hope for a new Metroid for the E3.. :ph34r:.. ..

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i knew it i fucking knew it. their concentrating all their effort on that fucking NX now the wiiu will get the back seat.
In years to come you'll see people a cult following of Wii U and that its library of games are so spectacular and as well as gems, such as 'Barbie Dreamhouse Party' and 'Luv Me Buddies: Wonderland'. Honestly, the Wii U has a god awful library of games but there's a few worth playing.

Xenoblade X is a 2015 must play, though.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w