Hacking Zelda Skyward Sword returning to wii menu!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why you tell him to find Wii sport resort, why burning a DVD too, it's not needed at all as he already has it listed in USBloaderGX.

Zelda has all the needed files.
The video for Wii motion + is in Zelda!

Instruction With USBLoaderGX:
1. go into the settings of Zelda

2. Turn "Alternative dol" to "Select a dol"

3. click the next line

4. IF it show you this menu:

Then select Video Motion+

5. IF you have a list of dol then select the only dol you see:

6. Accept to use this alt dol

7. Accept what it says now: (Don't contact a developer, it's already done by someone else)

8. save the Settings

9. Accept this, then press B to exit the setting menu.

10. Launch the game

It will launch the video instead of the game.
watch the video, it go back to Wii menu at the end of the video. DONE, you watched the Wii Motion+ video, you will never need it anymore.

NOW reload USBloaderGX.

11. Go into the settings of zelda, go to Page2, select "reset setting" and accept.

12. Press B to exit the setting menu.

Now, everytime you want to play, just launch Zelda like any other games. Don't go into the settings anymore.

And it's in spanish ! :P
DO NO try to change any other options.
DO NOT use the same options as me, just follow the guide.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already told him in PM. I am waiting to see if he succeeded or not.

He had a problem wbfs file. He is using flash memory (8 GB)

@Necro, did you format the flash memory to fat32 ?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why you tell him to find Wii sport resort, why burning a DVD too, it's not needed at all.

Zelda has all the needed files.
The video for Wii motion + is in Zelda!

1. go into the settings of Zelda

2. Turn "Alternative dol" to "Select a dol"

3. click the next line

4. IF it show you this menu:

5. IF you have a list of dol then select the only dol you see:

6. Accept to use this alt dol

7. Accept what it says now: (Don't contact a developer, it's already done by someone else)

8. save the Settings

9. Accept this, then press B to exit the setting menu.

10. Launch the game

It will launch the video instead of the game.
watch the video, it go back to Wii menu at the end of the video. DONE, you watched the Wii Motion+ video, you will never need it anymore.

NOW reload USBloaderGX.

11. Go into the settings of zelda, go to Page2, select "reset setting" and accept.

12. Press B to exit the setting menu, and play Zelda like any other games.

And it's in spanish ! :P
OR... Can't you just bypass the WM+ video altogether, by blocking IOS Reload?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you can also use "Block IOS reload" if you have D2x v6 or greater.
But it's also required only one time, once you watched the video you don't need the "Block IOS reload" anymore, but you can keep the option enabled as it doesn't affect the game.

As the game doesn't require D2x or base56, I just recommend users to watch the video once, and use their current installed cIOS. (rev17 is working great for me).

Also, it's not to "bypass" the video, on the contrary it's to "reload to the video if the user never watched it" without returning to the system menu.

Another tutorial post I wrote:

You have two scenarios to play the game :
  1. You already watched the Wii motion+ video:
    Just play Zelda like any other games.
  2. You never watched the Wii Motion+ video:
    • solution 1 (dirty, but quick): Go to your loader setting, select Alternative dol method, and pick the "player.dol". Launch the game, it will show you the Wii motion+ video and reboot the system. Go back to your game setting in the loader, and disable alternative dol. Launch the game and Enjoy :D
    • Solution 2 (clean): Install D2x v6 if you don't have it yet. install in slot 249 the base 56. Go to your USBloader setting (or game setting) and enable the option "Block IOS reload". Launch the game, it will show you the video only the first time you launch it. and instead of rebooting the system it will launch the game. Enjoy :D
      (PS: you can disable "block IOS reload" once you watched the video M+, it won't try to load it again ever)

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockman, I'll try to burn it by x4 but I hope to run it by USB Loader GX / Cfg Loader cuz they are faster in loading and no error 1419.

Hi Cyan and thank you again.
1. go into the settings of Zelda [Done]
2. turn "Alternative dol" to "Select" [Done]
3. click the next line, it will show you a list of possible alternative dol: Select "Player.dol" [I got this message "It seens that you have some information that will be helpful to us. Please pass this information along to DEV team. SOUE01 - 836" then OK. I clicked OK and it comes "836 Player.dol" under "alternative dol: select"]
4. Save the setting and exit the setting menu [Done]
5. Launch the game, watch the video, it go back to Wii menu at the end of the video. DONE, you watched the Wii Motion+ video, you will never need it anymore. [Cuz I watched the video before I got the options to watch the movie again "how to connect WM+, how to connect nunchuck with WM+, how to disconnect WM+, how to disconnect nunchuck from WM+, and "Back to Game") I clicked back to game and I got frozen black screen!)

1. Go back to USBloaderGX
2. Go into the settings of zelda, go to Page2, select "reset setting" and accept. (I clicked set as default in the 2nd page)
3. exit the setting menu, and play Zelda like any other games. (... >< same black frozen screen >< Am I missing any files >

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you watched the video, then the game should work with default settings in all USB loaders.

If USBloaderGX doesn't work, try another one.
And if it really don't work in any loader, then I think your ISO is bad, or the creation of the wbfs went wrong and you should try to create it again.

PS: Ah, I didn't read the last comment before my guide, where you said you watched the video.
Sorry then, you didn't need to watch it again.

Is it only zelda which gives you a black screen, or Donkey kong too?
Maybe it's the flash drive which is bad.

But it's strange that the game booted fine to load the video, but not the actual game.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will bet 1 cent (€0.01) that it is bad .iso file. Did you test it with dvd-r ? If DVD-R went frozen and in black screen then thats definitely a bad file.

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi TiMeBoMb4u2 and here what I did:

1. go into the settings of Zelda (Done)

2. Turn "Alternative dol" to "Select a dol" (Done)

3. click the next line (Done)

4. IF it show you this menu: (I don't have this menu!)

5. IF you have a list of dol then select the only dol you see: ( Yes, I have this secreen but instead 974 player.dol, I have 836 player.dol!)

6. Accept to use this alt dol (Done)

7. Accept what it says now: (Don't contact a developer, it's already done by someone else) (Done)

8. save the Settings (Done)

9. Accept this, then press B to exit the setting menu. (Done)

10. Launch the game (Done but I don't have a picture on my Disc?)

It will launch the video instead of the game. (I got frozen black screen again @_@) I tried to change "Return to" which is under "Alternate DOL" It was OFF and when I click it it won't change to USB Loader GX as the picture!

... thanks for trying to assist me TiMeBoMb4u2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to follow the guide again.
The guide explain how you can watch the video, but you said you already watched it.

So, you don't need the guide anymore.
You should try another ISO.

For the picture on your disc, press 1 on your wiimote and select the cover you want to download.

About "return to", you have to set it in the global setting first.
It's used to return to USBloaderGX when you exit a game, instead of loading the Wii system menu.

But you need to install the forwarder for that option, so:
For the moment, try to find a working zelda, We will see the loader's option another time :P

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you watched the video, then the game should work with default settings in all USB loaders.
I tried to run it by default but I got the same black screen >.>"
If USBloaderGX doesn't work, try another one.
And if it really don't work in any loader, then I think your ISO is bad, or the creation of the wbfs went wrong and you should try to create it again.
I tried 2 USB Loader GX and 1 Cfg Loader and all of them black screen.
The ISO is ok cuz the same ISO was running before yesterday in a Disc but yesterday and today I got error 1419 while loading it by Disc 1000 times, so I planned to run it from USB Loader GX/Cfg Loader.
Besides, I converted it twice into flash memory USB and I got the same size 3.97 GB and in USB manager 3.93 GB.
PS: Ah, I didn't read the last comment before my guide, where you said you watched the video.
Sorry then, you didn't need to watch it again.
No need to say sorry, and I'm the one who need to say sorry that I wasted your time trying to help me, I'm really sorry.
Is it only zelda which gives you a black screen, or Donkey kong too?
Maybe it's the flash drive which is bad.
Yes, DK is running from Flash memory USB by USB Loader GX but ZSS getting black screen.
But it's strange that the game booted fine to load the video, but not the actual game.
Agree, and I told bro rockman that is "strange", so Am I missing any file that I always get black screen?

Thank you Cyan ...

I will bet 1 cent (€0.01) that it is bad .iso file. Did you test it with dvd-r ? If DVD-R went frozen and in black screen then thats definitely a bad file.
As I told you I burned the same iso in the disc DVD-R and it was running before yesterday by neogamma (I got the sword of the skyward) >< I test it in Dolphin Emu and it's working too! I don't think it's from the iso, except if some iso will work for disc and wont work for wbfs?

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the picture on your disc, press 1 on your wiimote and select the cover you want to download.
But my wii is not connected with internet? is there another way to add pictures?
About "return to", you have to set it in the global setting first.
To set what global? they are all global but still cannot change it!
DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

It's used to return to USBloaderGX when you exit a game, instead of loading the Wii system menu.
It's Off, and I cannot change it to USBLoaderGX or WiiMenu...?
But you need to install the forwarder for that option, so:
Install forwader? how to install it and what is it?
For the moment, try to find a working zelda, We will see the loader's option another time
It was working on Disc before yesterday on neogamma! and the same iso copied to USB flash memory and I can see the WM+ of it in USB Loader GX as it' wbfs?
But no problem, I'm downloading 2 ZSS Pal and I hope it will work

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's because you are not in the correct menu.
There are two different setting menu.
- A global (where you define global settings for all games)
- A settings per game

In the per game settings, you can define specific settings different than the global.
That's why you have "use global", it just use the settings defined in the global settings instead of using a special setting for that game.

For other options on how to use the loader, I recommend that you go to the official USBloaderGX thread, instead of using this Zelda thread. let's stay on topic.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then your dvd isnt bad.. According to Cyan.. you have is "use global" and thats the reason why your game is in black screen. You need a settings for per game.. Not a gobal for all games.

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys to inform me, and what is the best settings for zelda (in zelda settings) and USB Loader GX settings (which help to run zelda) and I really appreciate your help, that even I'm getting tired but at least I'm learning and I used to have USB Loader 4 days or less but in these few days I learned a lot from you guys, so thank you so much. Guys, I'm going to sleep and will continue tomorrow, so take care :)

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good afternoon guys, well I tried to do make "Return to" USB Loader GX, Homebrew Channel and Neogamma.
1. Ran ZSS once again (wbfs) with Alternate Dol. "Select" and down "836 player.dol"
2. Got the screen again of the tutorial.
3. When I click "Return to the Game" I get again the frozen black screen?! What I think is the game cannot restart, there missing file of USB Loader GX or I miss another application?
DSC00207.jpg

Here the settings I use to run DK and ZSS too? or do I need to change them to run ZSS?
DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

Sometimes when I run Neogamma or USB Loader GX i get this screen???
DSC00206.jpg

In the readme of the USB Loader GX I found:
"To use the channel version of the loader or the forwarder channel
it is required that you install IOS58 on your Wii.
You can use Tantric's safe IOS58 Installer for that."

I installed IOS58 installer to my SD Card but when I run it, it says that it need a network? and I don't have internet with my wii, so do I need that application to run ZSS?

Sorry that I took long time to fix this problem ><

PS. ZSS PAL is now 40% and the torrent is slow for this one, so I'll inform you about the new wbfs of ZSS PAL once it's fininshed

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stop watching the video.
Stop using alternative dol (it's only needed to watch the video. Only 1 time).

You don't need to install IOS58 (and you already have it! don't try to install it again!)
You don't need the channel to play Zelda.
You don't need the forwarder for the moment. (The forwarder is used to reload USBloaderGX when you exit a game, to launch another game ... you have only 2 games so you don't need to go back to the loader when you stop playing Zelda, except if you want to play donkey kong just after Zelda?).

Your settings are correct.
Don't change anything in the global setting, and don't change anything in Zelda's settings. ALL default settings are correct don't change anything.
Don't select manually cIOS249 in zelda's setting (it's not needed to edit zelda's settings, it's already 249 in the global).

If donkey kong is working fine, then your Wii is correctly hacked, and the settings of the USBloader are correct.
Just try a new ISO.

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Cyan for your help and I'll try the new ZSS Pal and let you know. It will take 1 day 46% downloaded X) Thanks again =)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, NeoGamma is so primitive that you shouldn't get code dumps in it. Where and when exactly do you get those in NeoGamma? Does your HDD have an external power supply? If not, can you try to connect the usb cable that's for power only to a PC or powered usb hub?

Necro Gardna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I want to inform you that I downloaded new ZSS PAL and I'm still getting Frozen Black Screen after I run the game!
I don't think the problem from the iso cuz I can run it by disc in neogamma, just that I cannot run it by USB Loader GX or Cfg Loader.
DK is running but I dunno why I get black screen by ZSS? I heard that I need d2x v6? what is the advantage of it to run the game?
Besides, I get Frozen Black Screen when I run ZSS from USB with all USB Loaders? (USB Loader GX, Cfg Loader, and also Neogamma) !

Hi WiiPower, do you mean the last picture (black + white numbers)? If yes, I get that screen sometimes (10%) after I click neogamma channel. In addition, I use Flash Memory USB with 8 GB only.

PS. I cannot see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHqZVOHaTx8 (ZSS Opening) by Disc so I escape it and go to ZSS menu and start the game (I'm wondering if there is a relation between the Frozen Black Screen and Disc Cannot Read?!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1