ROM Hack Zelda PH Chinese translation completed!

felix123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
TGBUS translation group
Hacking: ?????
Translation: KEN ??? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? Our Story?
Text editing: ??? ??? ?? ?? ? ?? ???
Graphics: Victor_Song waltz wowogood
Video: o86791008
Testing: ?? GUU
These 22 people made this translation possible. (Normally, a Chinese translation group have less than 10 people and take way longer than 2 weeks.) Can Western Zelda fans find a similar number of committed people to make a translation?

Another reason is that there is no chance iQue will make an official translation.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ow, the translated version of the game doesn't work with SuperCard... *sigh* Oh well, it's not as if I can read much Chinese anyway. Waiting for the English version it is then...

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
You're wrong.

Some (very few) words look the same, and mean similar things, but are pronounced differently.

I know that they are pronounced differently, and like I said I didn't know how many words are understandable I was thinking of it more like how we can understand some French text which looks a little like the English counter part.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It's kind of like that, but ind of not. All characters (kanji?) originated in China. Japanese adopts some of those characters. However, Japanese uses fewer characters than Chinese.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how Nintendo themselves can't translate the English version that fast. I mean how hard is it for a English speaking person that knows Japanese to just do it, especially if they work for Ninty? There can't be THAT much text to translate.

I never did completely understand what takes them so long. It's not as if they don't already know the story.

Sometimes I think Nintendo of America is just a bunch of lazy bastards and that's what the real problem is.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Funny how Nintendo themselves can't translate the English version that fast. I mean how hard is it for a English speaking person that knows Japanese to just do it, especially if they work for Ninty? There can't be THAT much text to translate.

I never did completely understand what takes them so long. It's not as if they don't already know the story.

Sometimes I think Nintendo of America is just a bunch of lazy bastards and that's what the real problem is.

You seem to be misinformed about how this proces works. The translation from japanese to english isn't exactly a problem. I don't think they are still translating it at this stage. Except for the manuals etc...

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Ow, the translated version of the game doesn't work with SuperCard... *sigh* Oh well, it's not as if I can read much Chinese anyway. Waiting for the English version it is then...

There's a patch for the translation for it to work on the supercard on the bbs.supercard.cn forums, also there's an ammended (improved) chinese tranlastion that doesn't need the patch.

edit.. i though i would make it clear, I'm not talking about the ndsrominfo.dat

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't find it, even after looking at all Zelda topics, most of them seemed to be about other stuff. *shrugs*

felix123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
SC patch

Patch the rom with the translation patch, then apply this SC patch.
Convert with trim, reset and cartridge access only.

edit: oh, and you need the newest ndsrominfo.dat as well.

catrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chinese Fansubs Translation are allways crappy 99,9% of the Anime Subs are Crap
wacko.gif

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks felix123, it worked! All that remains is to learn more Chinese. Now I can regret not learning it properly when my mother tried to teach me in my younger days.
tongue.gif

ggKfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
seriously i could survive with a merely crappily translated version. ie
use google translation in the patch and maybe just change the menu system

would be playable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.