Zelda-inspired action-adventure title 'XEL' announced; launches on PC and Consoles in 2022

xel game.png

Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Tiny Roar announced their new game today: XEL. It is described as a game inspired by the Zelda series where you will need to solve puzzles, explore dungeons and battle robots and wildlife as you help the amnesiac protagonist explore and unravel the mysteries of land she finds herself in. An announcement trailer for XEL was released today giving us a look at some early alpha footage:

XEL follows an amnesiac protagonist named Reid, who finds herself shipwrecked on an enigmatic world with no memory of her previous life. Players will join Reid as she sets out to get to the bottom of the mystery behind this bizarre land filled with secrets, puzzles, and a not-so-stable sense of time. Explore a beautiful overworld dotted with challenging dungeons in a classic, top-down, 3D action-adventure format in a rich, vivid palette. During her quest Reid will meet charming, enduring characters, engage in thrilling combat, and of course, find and upgrade a whole bevy of nifty weapons, items, gadgets, and moves — some of which may help her jump through space and time.

Key Features of XEL include:
  • Sci-fi Dungeon Diving: The world of XEL features a vast, extensive overworld and challenging, Zelda-like dungeons to explore
  • A Deep Combat System: Become proficient at using a variety of attacks and combos, while dodging, and parrying to tackle and take out foes
  • Gadgets & Guns: Master and upgrade your weapons, shield, and gadgets to smash your foes and open up new areas to explore
  • Deep Lore and a Deeper Mystery: What exactly happened to this world, and who is responsible? Piece together a captivating story and dive into the legends behind the cryptic history XEL
  • Spacetime? Not a Problem: Unlock special abilities that allow Reid to bend the rules of space and time, grantingher access to previously impassable areas and opening up new ways to defeat difficult enemies
XEL is expected to launch in Q2 2022 on Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
There are so much "Zelda inspired" games now from Genshin to Fenyx to this. I know :"Open World" games exists before BOTW but BOTW is unique with its realistic physics.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, so steam writes up an article (my bad) they mention it been a zelda inspired game, not the dev, their website which is almost word for word identical to what steam have taken, but thrown reference to zelda, ok so gbatemp didnt add it, the editor who posted the news on steam did.

but on their official site, as said, mentions nothing about been inspired by zelda.

i dont get why whenever someone releases a game that may look similar to zelda, its inspired as if nintendo was the first to do it.

anyway, this game looks decent and might give it a try.
Flip flopper.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Early alpha footage indeed...looks boring and quite paint-by-numbers at the moment. Zelda-likes made in Unity also seem to be a dime a dozen these days, though that's not necessarily a bad thing for those that manage to put their own spin on the formula. I quite enjoyed Death's Door.

Oh, and yikes to the guy arguing vehemently that a game with a hookshot and half of the same name isn't inspired by Zelda, lol.

Last edited by Xzi,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just be glad we don't have the south korean copyright system adopted world wide otherwise these "inspired/spiritual sucessor" games could be and probably would be shut down,Bluehole tried to sue Epic in south Korean court and stop sales/distribution of fortnite based solely on ideas and mechanics being similar

Last edited by chrisrlink, , Reason: added reason why

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, so steam writes up an article (my bad) they mention it been a zelda inspired game, not the dev, their website which is almost word for word identical to what steam have taken, but thrown reference to zelda, ok so gbatemp didnt add it, the editor who posted the news on steam did.

but on their official site, as said, mentions nothing about been inspired by zelda.

i dont get why whenever someone releases a game that may look similar to zelda, its inspired as if nintendo was the first to do it.

anyway, this game looks decent and might give it a try.

Or.. you can just admit that you are wrong in this case, and show some maturity. No one forced you into this mistake... You were wrong from the outset and bitter about something with no reason to be so. You are better than this. Admit your mistake and let's all move on.

Reactions: Xzi and Fyrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii