Hacking Your reaction to your "FIRST" flashcart

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my first card was an edge i found on the street in florida and i looked at it and i saw an micro sd slot and i was like ZOMG FREE GAMES! wait now i have to find a site lol and i still use it now but thats the nly card i have currently the acekard 2i is on its way shipping currentl

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first ever flashcart was the Supercard miniSD. While I was happy that I didn't have to buy games anymore, I was disappointed that there was so much slow down in so many GBA games. I'm actually very impressed that the SC Team still supports it with updates though. While I originally bought it for my DS, it now resides in my GBA SP. It was replaced by an M3 Perfect miniSD for my DS.

My first slot1 was the R4, an original one, before clones took over. I loved it because I no longer had to patch ROMs or worry about passkey's (I used an Action Replay for that), just drop them in and play. Once the R4 Team vanished I quickly switched to a different slot1 cart. I researched the forums and deliberated for about a week before settling on the CycloDS. All I can say is apples to oranges.

Sceptile95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My older brother got my first ds flashcart called a genuine R4 for my birthday because he couldn't get G6DS real 16G because it was expensive
My R4 is still alive and nothing can seperate me and R4 except I can't find the fix (MAL: Bowser's inside story) so there are two ways I can decide:
Wait for the fix of mario & luigi 3, buy a new flashcart, or buy a legit game and keep the R4

Posts merged

My older brother got my first ds flashcart called a genuine R4 for my birthday because he couldn't get G6DS real 16G because it was expensive
My R4 is still alive and nothing can seperate me and R4 except I can't find the fix (MAL: Bowser's inside story)
nds.gif
so there are two ways I can decide:
Wait for the fix of mario & luigi 3, buy a new flashcart, or buy a legit game and keep the R4

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sceptile95 said:
My R4 is still alive and nothing can seperate me and R4 except I can't find the fix (MAL: Bowser's inside story) so there are two ways I can decide:

Posts merged

My R4 is still alive and nothing can seperate me and R4 except I can't find the fix (MAL: Bowser's inside story)
nds.gif
so there are two ways I can decide:

so now you posted the same post 3 time here twice and on your other fourm once

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, first cart was the original r4 back in late june of 2008, bad move, yes, but noob advice wasn't that great in either direction, but hey, never paid a dime for it, so whatever.
When I got it, I was all: "About damn time, now I can check out that (insertgamenamehere) everyone's been talking about."
But yeah, as most proper people, I moved onto another cart, AK2, and in about a week, to SuperCard DSONEi.
All in all, they were free, so I can't complain ;P

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT Card was my first one.
Good ol days.
I didn't have a paypal before so it was a big deal when I finally got someone to order it for me.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My first flashcart was the M3 DS Real, which costed about $90(Believe or not ripoff but it was at a mall[Not fake]) and i was pretty excited
since it had preloaded games on it. Now i obviously regret buying one and should have bought another. :S

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My first was the games and music. Then I got an m3ds real with gba expansion. After my ds was stolen I got a cyclo ds with ez 3 in 1 and an ez flash iv.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got an R4 in November 2007 by using Gaming Lagoon. Was like "YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH WHAT NOW NINTY I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR UR DS GAEMZ ENYMOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
I got an R4 in November 2007 by using Gaming Lagoon. Was like "YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH WHAT NOW NINTY I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR UR DS GAEMZ ENYMOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Haha, that's what I used for mine XD
They're the ones who sent me a dsi for no reason in July
tongue.gif

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Todderbert said:
My first flash cart was the EZFA 256Mb, with the real time clock. I was impressed by the quality and ease of use and still use it today.

EZFA was da bomb. I was really impressed how easy it was to play games, and that they worked flawlessly. Ever since I bought that first EZFA I have modded every system I own in some way or another.

Currently I have an R4 for DS. Nothing will ever beat the EZFA though.

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what a "recation" is..... But, my first reaction to the R4i-SDHC was, "This is an annoying piece of garbage that I spent $10 on.... I Nintendo doesn't block this somehow though, I doubt the company will do anything to make the card compatible."

litobro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sweet old prime time hyped up DS-Xtreme. Back when it was good, and support was great... Sigh... so much potential. And I was so proud of the thing.

RaaTheGodEater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first card was Supercard Lite, which was fantastic. A bit annoying to convert roms and sort of hard to set up for a first time user, but I managed. Sort of regretted not getting the M3 Lite. Then the slot 1 cards started coming out, and when the M3 Simply DS came, I jumped on it. Same as the R4 basically.

After a long hiatus due to lack of games, I came back to the DS with Mario and Luigi: Inside Bowser and Pokemon HGSS. Was disappointed that the R4/M3 Simply was no longer supported. So I got a M3i Zero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @diamondsofmayhem, dont worry