ROM Hack Yo-Kai Watch 2 USA cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any cheats for unlocking the Yo-Kai that can only be obtained via codes?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could look at it, but I'll probably wait for the update to make the games compatible with the third version (if the update comes).

Anyway, has anyone tried the Infinite Crank-a-kai spins in v4.5 for Fleshy Souls? I think it modifies the wrong address, or modifies with the wrong value. I checked the correct address and it's not modified. What I think is modified is three bytes prior to that address.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
I could look at it, but I'll probably wait for the update to make the games compatible with the third version (if the update comes).

Anyway, has anyone tried the Infinite Crank-a-kai spins in v4.5 for Fleshy Souls? I think it modifies the wrong address, or modifies with the wrong value. I checked the correct address and it's not modified. What I think is modified is three bytes prior to that address.
Yeah the infinity crank doesn't work at all

JrpgAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
any1 making an NTR plugin for YO-KAI Watch 2: Psychic Specters USA, its already out on the (web) and will soon be officially on the 29th

Title ID: 00040000001B2700

Last edited by JrpgAddict,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any1 making an NTR plugin for YO-KAI Watch 2: Psychic Specters USA, its already out on the (web) and will soon be officially on the 29th

Title ID: 00040000001B2700
I was wondering that myself but I don't think the version differences are enough to make me want to play the updated version. Heck there aren't very many reasons to play one version over the other anyways lol. At least that is what my limited research has told me.

I was actually looking for this thread to figure out why my cheats didn't seem to be working. Low and behold the OP had graciously updated, telling us that the original NTR file does not work with the US/EU versions. I have a version of NTR that lets me select 3.2, 3.3, or 3.6. 3.2 crashes the game on the bootscreen. the cheats load on 3.3 and i think that stamina cheat works but I didn't get far enough to test if the befriend yokai cheats work. Cheats load on 3.6 and the stamina cheat works, but befriend yokai does not.

Off topics but I would really like to see more of these games come over here to the US. I know for the most part, Yokai watch is made as a blatant cash grab. The first game, while good, is riddled with palette swaps and other elements of cheap game design. But it was fun. the second set of games are even more of a egregiously blatant attempt at another cash grab. Quite literally reusing a huge amount of assets from the first game and making the dual versions in an attempt to see more copies. But somewhere deep down at the heart of that greed, I am still having fun with the games. My biggest complaint is how hard it is to recruit certain types of yokai. Or that there is no way to make sure you are going to be able to befriend one after battle. After the first game I think my collection was only of about 45 or so yokai, and I was throwing food (the right foods mind you, I had a guide) left and right. But catch rates are really really low. That is the big reason I probably wont ever go back to Yokai Watch 1. I beat it, at least, but I didn't do that extra grind dungeon in the post game. If I had kept playing I would have wanted a 100% catch rate cheat. But I am happy to see that there is on here in 2. I hope I can get it working. If I do, most of my issues with these games will disappear.

...althought that does take the fun out of needed specific foods to feed to certain yokai. I can't be bothered though, since the chances are so low even with the best of the right foods anyways.

EDIT
Looks like I had a false positive actually. I had two new yokai follow me after I turned on the cheats yesterday. So here are my findings (After my EDIT 2: this is what was happening with the 1.1 game update patch installed, so these are all wrong and obviously wont work)
3.2- crashes on boot after the green flash
3.3- loads into the game but cheats do not work (infinite stamina works)
3.4- crashed on boot after the green flash
3.6- loads into the game but cheats do not work (infinite stamina works)

EDIT 2
Wrong again, I had the 1.1 patch installed. The game was telling me there was an update available for the game and I assumed that I was running the un-updated game. I was wrong. I went to the free shop and deleted the update. Ran NTR 3.3 and boom, yokai are joining me left and right and I have $9999.99... even though this game takes place in japan..?
So my findings after deleting the 1.1 game update patch:
3.3- loads into the game and cheats work fine

Last edited by BORTZ,

myuwables

Trophies
XP
Country
If I update my game to the current version (version 2?), cheats won't work, right? Any chance for an update on the plugin for the latest version?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering that myself but I don't think the version differences are enough to make me want to play the updated version. Heck there aren't very many reasons to play one version over the other anyways lol. At least that is what my limited research has told me.

I was actually looking for this thread to figure out why my cheats didn't seem to be working. Low and behold the OP had graciously updated, telling us that the original NTR file does not work with the US/EU versions. I have a version of NTR that lets me select 3.2, 3.3, or 3.6. 3.2 crashes the game on the bootscreen. the cheats load on 3.3 and i think that stamina cheat works but I didn't get far enough to test if the befriend yokai cheats work. Cheats load on 3.6 and the stamina cheat works, but befriend yokai does not.

Off topics but I would really like to see more of these games come over here to the US. I know for the most part, Yokai watch is made as a blatant cash grab. The first game, while good, is riddled with palette swaps and other elements of cheap game design. But it was fun. the second set of games are even more of a egregiously blatant attempt at another cash grab. Quite literally reusing a huge amount of assets from the first game and making the dual versions in an attempt to see more copies. But somewhere deep down at the heart of that greed, I am still having fun with the games. My biggest complaint is how hard it is to recruit certain types of yokai. Or that there is no way to make sure you are going to be able to befriend one after battle. After the first game I think my collection was only of about 45 or so yokai, and I was throwing food (the right foods mind you, I had a guide) left and right. But catch rates are really really low. That is the big reason I probably wont ever go back to Yokai Watch 1. I beat it, at least, but I didn't do that extra grind dungeon in the post game. If I had kept playing I would have wanted a 100% catch rate cheat. But I am happy to see that there is on here in 2. I hope I can get it working. If I do, most of my issues with these games will disappear.

...althought that does take the fun out of needed specific foods to feed to certain yokai. I can't be bothered though, since the chances are so low even with the best of the right foods anyways.

EDIT
Looks like I had a false positive actually. I had two new yokai follow me after I turned on the cheats yesterday. So here are my findings (After my EDIT 2: this is what was happening with the 1.1 game update patch installed, so these are all wrong and obviously wont work)
3.2- crashes on boot after the green flash
3.3- loads into the game but cheats do not work (infinite stamina works)
3.4- crashed on boot after the green flash
3.6- loads into the game but cheats do not work (infinite stamina works)

EDIT 2
Wrong again, I had the 1.1 patch installed. The game was telling me there was an update available for the game and I assumed that I was running the un-updated game. I was wrong. I went to the free shop and deleted the update. Ran NTR 3.3 and boom, yokai are joining me left and right and I have $9999.99... even though this game takes place in japan..?
So my findings after deleting the 1.1 game update patch:
3.3- loads into the game and cheats work fine
well, OP already stated that "
UPDATE PATCH 1.1 (AND ABOVE) BREAKS THESE CHEATS. USE VERSION 1.00 OF CART/ROM/CIA ONLY!"

probably didn't bother to update the cheata to 1.1 or 2.0

Maartenvedewe

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
So I've got Yo kai watch 2 Fleshy souls on a 2ds. Which one do I have to choose? I live in Europe, I have NTR CFW which works as I tested it work Pokemon ultra sun.
NTR CFW = V 2.11 and it automatically goes on 3.6

Last edited by Maartenvedewe,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How do you find the always befriend code?
What was needed to search for it?

I want to make one for psychic spectors, and from what I saw, each language needs their own code?

concaccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
any1 make a plugin for psychic specters usa, plz. i dont have any private computer and admin user.
code here:

Attachments

• ywpsy.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 243

Wicked13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any1 make a plugin for psychic specters usa, plz. i dont have any private computer and admin user.
code here:
There :) If you have any more codes feel free to share them :)

Attachments

• 00040000001B2700.rar
    85.8 KB · Views: 273

supermario666

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
There :) If you have any more codes feel free to share them :)
Dude,did you rename the "always befriend yo kai" to "always befriend boss yo kai"? Because the code doesn't work. I befriend every normal yo kai except the bosses. Or is something wrong? Let me know. thanks

Wicked13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude,did you rename the "always befriend yo kai" to "always befriend boss yo kai"? Because the code doesn't work. I befriend every normal yo kai except the bosses. Or is something wrong? Let me know. thanks
I didn't rename anything I just turned what was there into a plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them