ROM Hack [XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But seriously, can we add faces and textures? I really think the collar completes the look I am going for, but I can make Emerald Brendan without it if I NEED to. I wish Mixeli would release his awesome mods so I wouldn't have to make another one! :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IDK, I just use Ohana, Ohana Rebirth and Blender and I get no problems except not letting you go over the face count. that really bugs me. I get no texture mapping issues like that.
Well, I use ohana3ds, 3dsMax, Maya 2016 with SDK plugin (I'm not under SDK happily :) ) and Granny3d SDK. Sometime I use KHeD to. The problem is that you need to extract the file in the garc (because decompressing garc is a thing, decompressing .161 file is another thing)

3DSJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey is there a way to add a glowmap on the normal pokemon materials? Like Pikachu.. cause special pokemons have the glowmap if i remember correct. Not sure which way the game is rendering not in pbr i guess haha.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited the awesome Red model from this thread. Forgot who made it, but props\credit to you for an awesome Red model. I just made some tweaks like putting him over default Brendan, changing his eye color to brown like it is in most media, and make his default expression neutral like his battle model instead of smiling. Here's some pictures:
screencap1.png
screencap2.png

I will post a download if I get permission to from the creator.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing a big pack, with all models and textures shared
1451874096-1.png

1451874096-2.png

1451874096-3.png

You plan on releasing those, @Asia81?

I realized I hadn't released this yesterday like I said I would. Here is my Red model. (Link at the bottom of the post) It's not perfect, but I'm still a novice maker/editor, so please bare with me. He uses Brendan's animations, keep that in mind before replacing, idk, May's model or something.

Model's used:
Brendan's body
Red's Hair (Brawl)
Trevor's Backpack (X/Y)
Calem's Baseball Cap (X/Y)

Warning: Spoilers inside!
red_showcase_by_justinstockert-d9thjfu.png

A few issues to take note of.

I cannot edit the body model without something like this happening. Therefore he's still wearing shorts with his legs textured to look like pants.
As the images below will show, the bag is a bit buggy, if anyone wants to go ahead and take a stab at correcting that, feel free. It took more effort than I'd hoped just to get it to this point.
I didn't rextexture the shoes, as they're barely noticeable in most situations. You'll have to retexture them yourself if it matters that much to you. Sorry.

Issue related images:
red_showcase2_by_justinstockert-d9thn6a.png

In case anyone is interested, here's a video where I used the model.

If you use this model, then all I ask is that you mention me in whatever description is attached to whatever you created. If you want to go the extra mile and link my Youtube Channel (In my sig), go for it.

Here's the download link, if there are any issues let me know and I'll upload it somewhere else.

EDIT:

A certain Youtuber asked me to upload the Red overworld model I used in my video as well. Honestly, it's not great, and there are issues with it seeing as how I used Brendan's contest model as a base, nor did I look further into it because I only put it together for a small video.

Models used
Fisherman's Head (X/Y)
Brendan's Contest attire (OR/AS)

Issues:
No facial expressions.
-My video didn't call for the use of Red to express facial animations, or show his face in the OW at all, so I didn't bother to change it from Brendan's default. I did pack Brendan's full facial list in though, as his contest model is missing several expressions.
Backpack
-His backpack model is tied to the head, as editing the body has certain... effects. So, when he's looking at a taller character the bag clips through his stomach.
Certain Animations
-Because I used Brendan's contest body as a base, the model does not have certain animations programmed for it.
This includes the following:
-Running
-Biking
-Surfing
Basically, all you can do is walk. Flying works fine, though.
Front View
-The front view is a tad odd, seeing as how I didn't really need it for my video and the model I used for a base.
Boots
-Not accurate to Red at all, but I think boots look cooler.

(No in-game shots, sorry)
rs_by_justinstockert-d9tnaeu.png

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cffvpo9difpvdo7/Red+Models.rar

@RubyCarbuncle If you see my above post, I've cleaned up the overworld models for Red and just edited certain things that needed cleaning up. Honestly this is really good, and I'm glad you release your mods unlike Mixokeli, even though his mods are awesome. But now you can get the full effect of playing as Red! I will only release the models with your permission, since I did not make the models. Hope I don't come across as rude or anything for editing your model. I just saw a great mod that could be slightly improved, is all. (Also I would love if you make more character mods because I love those mods, and I would make them myself but I suck at modeling xD)

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw geez... That was a fail. Any attempt at editing Brendan's body fails HARD. Idk why the game freaks out so much when you edit Brendan\May's bodies. If only the game didn't freak out so much... Oh well. I guess we can only have Contest Brendan for right now. Sorry, @RubyCarbuncle, guess we'll have to stick with only having a walking animation. Dang it.

Last edited by gryz,

PikaUsedThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my Emerald Brendan model, almost done with the OW; idk what im gonna do with it, if anyone wants it I can upload the ow and battle models when I'm done :P

Attachments

• Emerald.png
    Emerald.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 472
Last edited by PikaUsedThunder,

3DSJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to extract the rigg(bones) as fbx and attach them to a new model (i know the 3d stuff but not the programming stuff) and import it back to the game? if yes i would do that.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my Scaley Vaporeon in game... Finally got around to uploading pic. Also, my crazy Ninetales (Yes I know, I didn't edit the eye textures on purpose).
scr_29_TOP_LEFT.png scr_1_TOP_RIGHT.png

Reactions: Tower

3DSJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can i see the texture with the uv map? looks like you just repeat a random texture ..... (cause it looks very stretchy)

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You plan on releasing those, @Asia81?

@RubyCarbuncle If you see my above post, I've cleaned up the overworld models for Red and just edited certain things that needed cleaning up. Honestly this is really good, and I'm glad you release your mods unlike Mixokeli, even though his mods are awesome. But now you can get the full effect of playing as Red! I will only release the models with your permission, since I did not make the models. Hope I don't come across as rude or anything for editing your model. I just saw a great mod that could be slightly improved, is all. (Also I would love if you make more character mods because I love those mods, and I would make them myself but I suck at modeling xD)

No, that's fine, I don't mind at all. :) As for Eli, I'm sure he'd give you the models if you asked him. He's helped me out with models several times. Namely, he helped me get pants on Ash and Red, as well as saved me the time of doing up Ash-Greninja by doing it himself for this video here:

Battle starts at 1:20
Ash Greninja at 6:50

He's given me other models, too, like N, Hilbert, Mega Milotic, Shadow Mewtwo and a few others, I just haven't made use of them yet. Honestly, if I had more time, I'd love to make more models and what not, but unfortunately, life gets in the way of that.

Aw geez... That was a fail. Any attempt at editing Brendan's body fails HARD. Idk why the game freaks out so much when you edit Brendan\May's bodies. If only the game didn't freak out so much... Oh well. I guess we can only have Contest Brendan for right now. Sorry, @RubyCarbuncle, guess we'll have to stick with only having a walking animation. Dang it.

Yeah, unfortunately, body editing isn't easy past a few small scale edits. I'm no modeling editing expert, but I'm fairly sure it's because we can't Import and Export the bones that each model has. I'm sure that if we could, things would go a whole lot smoother on this front.

Last edited by RubyCarbuncle,

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that's fine, I don't mind at all. :) As for Eli, I'm sure he'd give you the models if you asked him. He's helped me out with models several times. Namely, he helped me get pants on Ash and Red, as well as saved me the time of doing up Ash-Greninja by doing it himself for this video here:

Battle starts at 1:20
Ash Greninja at 6:50

He's given me other models, too, like N, Hilbert, Mega Milotic, Shadow Mewtwo and a few others, I just haven't made use of them yet. Honestly, if I had more time, I'd love to make more models and what not, but unfortunately, life gets in the way of that.

Yeah, unfortunately, body editing isn't easy past a few small scale edits. I'm no modeling editing expert, but I'm fairly sure it's because we can't Import and Export the bones that each model has. I'm sure that if we could, things would go a whole lot smoother on this front.

Body is indeed a pain a pain to do, but if you know what to do there should be no problem, worst model to do are OW because they are small and literally anything can break it
iKiv7P6.png

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much all you can edit is the head, right? That's why everything is attached to the head for Red's model, like his backpack and stuff. Because everything else breaks the model, right?

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much all you can edit is the head, right? That's why everything is attached to the head for Red's model, like his backpack and stuff. Because everything else breaks the model, right?

For the most part, yes. There are smaller edits that can be made to the body, at least on the full in-battle models, however for the most part any body editing will cause the model to spazs out in-game. Otherwise, I would have gotten rid of Contest Brendan's rolled up sleeves and closed his shirt to look more accurate to Red's.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I figured that much. It's a shame, too, because modeling would be so easy if that problem didn't happen. Guess Game Freak didn't want to make it TOO easy to import custom models I guess. Well, we learn more about the coding everyday, so perhaps we can remove the limit with some hex editing, but IDK if that's even an option. Too bad Ohana 3DS is dead. So is Rebirth. I get the feeling that if gdk or Rei-chan were to resume work on O3DS, they would crack the format and add bone support in no time. Oh well, keep dreaming I guess :P

PikaUsedThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after a few days of work, I finished one of my first texture hacks, and meet Iron Pikachu :P (Textures are for Pikachu Libre)
I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Attachments

• IronPikachu.png
    IronPikachu.png
    3 KB · Views: 330
  • pm0025_16_BodyMask.png
    pm0025_16_BodyMask.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 259
  • pm0025_16_Eye.png
    pm0025_16_Eye.png
    2 KB · Views: 253

PikaUsedThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found many of his models really nice, do you know of a way I could get in contact with him?? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work