Hacking Xk3y-R E64 problems with updated Lite-on drive

kringle185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! This is likely one of my first my first few posts here at GBATemp, but I've been a diehard lurker for some time! =D

Anyways, I'm having some problems with trying to get my xk3y-reloaded working for my Jasper X360! Each time I boot it up I get a pretty textbook E64 error: after sitting for a bit at the 360 logo it moves onto the E64 error page.

My drive is a Lite-on DG-16D2S-09C with the updated firmware: 02510C

I dumped my drive's firmware with an X360USB v2 and Jungle Flasher, which I spoofed onto stock firmware. I've done this twice now just to make sure that it works out fine, but it hasn't worked yet. The SD card appears to be just fine, I'm able to load it in Windows fine, and I don't see a blue LED going nuts or anything on the xk3y.

Does anyone perhaps have any input that might be of help? I'd really appreciate some assistance!

kringle185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I believe I've done that properly. Rough outline of my procedure:
1) Dumped my firmware using X360USB v2 and Jungle Flasher which produces a dummy.bin
2) Loaded Jungled Flasher again and set the dummy.bin I just got into the source.
3) Then set a stock 02510C firmware as the target.
4) Spoofed the info over.
5) Saved it as firmware.bin, and yep, I've checked to make sure it isn't firmware.bin.bin

If that isn't right, I can certainly do it another way, but I believe that's the way that is detailed in the various manual/tutorials I've seen.

Thanks for trying to help DinohScene, it seems like you're a very helpful member on these forums!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just to rule out an odd bug.
Have you properly connected the FCC cables?
The blue side of the ribbon cable to facing outwards of the console?

Iirc, it was something related to the firmware files.
Maybe you've accidentally formatted the microSD?

You could try and restore the hidden partition by using this.
If you do have the remote then you can proceed with updating, if you don't, just leave it hanging for 5 minutes orso (so that it updates itself) and then shut it down again.

No problemo~
Just doing me part for the community here c:

kringle185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain that the FCC cable is in the correct orientation. The side that connects to the USB dongle has the blue portion facing away from the console--towards the female side of the dongle. The side that connects to the Xk3y is plugged in so that the blue side is away from the side of the board that the cables plug into.

I figured it was worth a try flashing that image onto the microSD. I'm sure I didn't format the card or mess it up any, but figured why not. The link download link for the image on the site you link was down, so I grabbed an image off of k3ydownloads.com. Figured I might as well use the image for the latest update.

It worked! Kinda. After flashing the image and moving my firmware over, and then prepping my flash drive so that I can update the xk3y and have it use my xkey.cfg it will boot once just fine. But when I turn it off (after having waited ~10 minutes) and then turn it on again, it gives me the E64 error all over again.

One thing that I did notice is that the image includes a xkey.cfg in the visible partition. I was under the impression that the xkey.cfg needs to be loaded just like a firmware update. Am I wrong about that? If not, why would the image include the xkey.cfg in the visible partition?

Thanks for the help so far! I really appreciate it.

kringle185

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I just tried doing it without updating it but then it didn't boot! This is silly.

So, whenever I boot with by flashdrive in as if I were to update it will boot just fine, but only once. Each subsequent time gives me the same exact E64 error. I'm going to take a break from it for today because this is really getting to me, but I would still greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'm having such a strange time with this now, and I can't seem to find any other forum posts with the same problems I'm having.

Thank you!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Xkey.cfg should be loaded with the update (and be supplied on the HDD which contains the games)

Hmm, other then the firmware file and the firmware of the Xkey, I'm kinda out of ideas as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw