Xenoblade Chronicles X Undub/Uncensor Tutorial for usage with Brazilian Install Method (.app Files)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by makke007, Dec 19, 2016.

1. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Seems like either your Undub went wrong or your Unpack/Repack files are damaged.

2. BlackwingAngelx

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    I'm trying again. I thought it was weird it didn't ask me to update either. I tried running it before I applied the update first, and no notification came up when I ran it. Something must have went wrong.

Well..I guess it's time to give up. I installed the original version with no issues. Redumped and followed the steps again. It just won't pass the first loading screen. This is the third attempt. I'd try more, but the process already takes 6 hours each time. So I guess no undub for me then. Hopefully other people have more luck than me.

Last edited by BlackwingAngelx, Dec 22, 2016
  3. kennybrace

kennybrace Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    Canada
    Are you able to keep the dub but still include the censored content? What if I already have a save file with my disc copy will it work with the newly installed uncensored USB copy?

Just looked at a screenshot and I can see now you can select just uncensored. Anyone know about using an old save for the US version?

Last edited by kennybrace, Dec 22, 2016
  4. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yes you can only uncensor but like with the whole undub it needs Signature Patches and such. And yes Save Files work like normal you can even switch between Versions.

kennybrace likes this.
  5. kennybrace

kennybrace Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks for the response. It worked

Last edited by kennybrace, Dec 24, 2016
  6. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit I ain't your pa.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    What does this uncensor? Language? The titty slider?

7. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    It uncensores the Outfits on Lin a really young character in the game which had her clothes changed for US/EU.
    No other censorship apart from that. For the Titty Slider you need to use Gecko and change some Values in the game itself.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xcxgeck...gui-using-pygecko.406442/page-43#post-6950743 ---> For Titty Slider

8. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    I got 0xFFFCFFE5 at the end of the installation :(
    After repacking it I also only hat 39 instead of 69 files which it were previously... does that have something to do with it ?

9. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    hmm my repack actually only has 35 Items total. The Packer put's them into bigger file archives than the original game so it being less is correct for sure.
    Any specific Info on that Error ? I never got it so far.

10. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    Sorry you are right, it was 35 files only. Installing didnt work on one USB, i plugged in another usb and installing worked there but I only get a black screen after running it even with Sigpatches.
    I couldn't find anything under /usr/titles/ for the game so I don't know why it didnt want to install on the other USB.

Sadly it still doesnt work and only get that black screen :(

11. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Are you using the US Version by any chance ? Or did you do any other midification ?
    I got the same Blackscreen Report from someone using the US Version and i can't figure out why it's happening.
    My EU Version runs perfectly and only crashed once so far in Chapter 3 in a cutscene haha.

I would upload my proper Version somewhere but yea against the rules so not gonna do that.

12. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    No it was the EUR version (AX5D01) I downloaded it with WiiU USB Helper as that seemed easier than ripping my own game.
    I did not apply any modifications only clicked all 4 things in the patch, passed all CRCs and patch ended successfully.
    edit: But I noticed even the wiiu is only showing a blackscreen the USB HDD keeps accessing the drive but nothing is happening I waited for like 30 minutes.

13. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Your Package files are Encrypted with the Wii U Common Key ? That's a thing i could think of why it Blackscreens since the Wii U might not be able to play it cause it's been encrypted wrong.

14. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    Yup I used a Common Key that I've used on Project Zero and Tokyo Mirage repacks as well, and they work.

15. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    That's weired so either the Unpacking Process, Patching or Packaing went wrong. Hard to determine the error here.
    Which Signature Patches are you using ?

16. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    I tried Haxchi set to Sysmenu and Mocha CFW.
    I guess I'll go through all steps again and see if i get a black screen again

Edit:

I did everything again with only 1 difference. I didnt click "patch font" and it works totally fine - no black screen.
    Is there a way to change the font now after I've installed it? Do you know which file will be modified for the font so I maybe could overwrite it with wupclient or ftpiiu everywhere

Last edited by shadoom, Dec 29, 2016
  17. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Gonna add that to the Guide to leave the Font Option out then. I didn't do it myself of course i would never find that issue....

Hmm i think there is a way to change it afterwards yea lemme see :
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicle-x-undub.405092/
    First Post i've never done it myself tho i don't mind the original Font since it doesn't destroy stuff atleast

I'm glad it's working now ! :)

18. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was more censorship regarding the BLADE acronym having religious affiliation to it. Having Lin's costume restored is nice but I thought the uncensored patch would cover that too. Sorry if I sound nit picky.

19. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I'm not sure about that to be honest.

the wiki states it as the following:

BLADE is an acronym for "Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth", known as "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator" in the Japanese version.

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  20. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm gonna a follow the guide as best as I can since I do want my copy to be US version based.

From what I understand if we install the DLC it breaks the uncensored patch but do we miss out on any additional content by not installing it?