Xenoblade Chronicles X Undub/Uncensor Tutorial for usage with Brazilian Install Method (.app Files)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by makke007, Dec 19, 2016.

1. makke007
    OP

Newcomer makke007 Advanced Member

Germany
    The only DLC we have in the US/EU is Content for the DISK VERSION to load faster with additional data from the USB/Harddrive.
    Basicly installing the DLC does nothing for you (well Censoring the Game again :rolleyes:) since you already have the digital Version anyways there is no actual Game Content aviable as DLC

RemixDeluxe likes this.

2. Wuigi

Member Wuigi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After hours/days wasted because of a slightly damaged sd card that led to wupinstaller refusing to install unsigned content from NUSPacker I found something interesting.

As this approach wasn't as Brazilian as I liked I restored the ability to launch this game without the need for any sigpatching.
    If you dump your console tickets with tik2sd the keys.txt says were the file (later called y.tik) for the titleid of the game (in my case TMS) is stored.
    Then I started the encrypted download with JNUSTool and cancelled it right after starting to just get the .tmd file, you can also just download the tmd from ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/[titleid]/tmd.

I then replaced some files via wupclient.
    I replaced the /vol/system_slc/rights/ticket/apps/[idx]/y.tik file with the one from my disc ticket also obtained via tik2sd and renamed it to the exact same name as y.tik of couse.
    Then I replaced the title.tmd file stored under /vol/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/[titleid]/code/title.tmd with the downloaded one and that was it.

No need for any sigpatching and you can still boot your game via brazilian method (as long as only the content folder was changed).
    And the most important thing: No slow uploads of large files via wupclient(~500KB/s with sd->usb)/ftpiiu(~140KB/s), just two small files.

Maybe one can also replace the files directly in the install directory but the differing encryption key could be a problem, didn't try it though.

Last edited by Wuigi, Jan 2, 2017
  3. makke007
    OP

Germany
    Yea if you own the game as disk or digital Version and you have it preinstalled that is a legit method :) I run Haxchi anyway so it doesn't bother me that much but yea

4. RemixDeluxe

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Just want to thank @makke007 for creating this guide and helping me with each step of the way and @CXu for the restoration patch of the game.

5. Nico2001

Newcomer Nico2001 Newbie

Spain
    Is there a way of skipping the nus grabber thingy?
    I'm not really enthusiastic about spending loads of time into that, and I'm not really interested in the undubbing either. It's difficult to understand all that process because I'm not really a "hacker"
    If I uncensor the game could I get Elma in her alien form uncensored? I would love that because it's sooo cool
    I'm using eu disk game and 5.5.1

6. makke007
    OP

Germany
    You still have to unpack the game and get the JP Version of the Game even if you own the Disk. It would require you to Dump your Disk to SD and then use the Data to unpack. You actually give yourself more steps overall. And for Elmas True Form you need cheat codes so take a look at XCX Gecko.