Xenoblade Chronicles X Undub/Uncensor Tutorial for usage with Brazilian Install Method (.app Files)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by makke007, Dec 19, 2016.

1. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The only DLC we have in the US/EU is Content for the DISK VERSION to load faster with additional data from the USB/Harddrive.
    Basicly installing the DLC does nothing for you (well Censoring the Game again :rolleyes:) since you already have the digital Version anyways there is no actual Game Content aviable as DLC

RemixDeluxe likes this.

2. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    After hours/days wasted because of a slightly damaged sd card that led to wupinstaller refusing to install unsigned content from NUSPacker I found something interesting.

As this approach wasn't as Brazilian as I liked I restored the ability to launch this game without the need for any sigpatching.
    If you dump your console tickets with tik2sd the keys.txt says were the file (later called y.tik) for the titleid of the game (in my case TMS) is stored.
    Then I started the encrypted download with JNUSTool and cancelled it right after starting to just get the .tmd file, you can also just download the tmd from ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/[titleid]/tmd.

I then replaced some files via wupclient.
    I replaced the /vol/system_slc/rights/ticket/apps/[idx]/y.tik file with the one from my disc ticket also obtained via tik2sd and renamed it to the exact same name as y.tik of couse.
    Then I replaced the title.tmd file stored under /vol/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/[titleid]/code/title.tmd with the downloaded one and that was it.

No need for any sigpatching and you can still boot your game via brazilian method (as long as only the content folder was changed).
    And the most important thing: No slow uploads of large files via wupclient(~500KB/s with sd->usb)/ftpiiu(~140KB/s), just two small files.

Maybe one can also replace the files directly in the install directory but the differing encryption key could be a problem, didn't try it though.

Last edited by Wuigi, Jan 2, 2017
  3. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yea if you own the game as disk or digital Version and you have it preinstalled that is a legit method :) I run Haxchi anyway so it doesn't bother me that much but yea

4. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Just want to thank @makke007 for creating this guide and helping me with each step of the way and @CXu for the restoration patch of the game.

5. Nico2001

Nico2001 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    Is there a way of skipping the nus grabber thingy?
    I'm not really enthusiastic about spending loads of time into that, and I'm not really interested in the undubbing either. It's difficult to understand all that process because I'm not really a "hacker"
    If I uncensor the game could I get Elma in her alien form uncensored? I would love that because it's sooo cool
    I'm using eu disk game and 5.5.1

6. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You still have to unpack the game and get the JP Version of the Game even if you own the Disk. It would require you to Dump your Disk to SD and then use the Data to unpack. You actually give yourself more steps overall. And for Elmas True Form you need cheat codes so take a look at XCX Gecko.

7. Espio419

Espio419 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    So I got the European version patched and running on my Wii U without any of the updates. To update it, I just install the European update over it?

8. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yea just install the normal EU Update over it :)

9. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    If I am playing the game from the beginning, what is the first thing I can look at to check that I have the uncensored version?

10. x65943

x65943 Hobby Artist

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    breast slider for character creation.

11. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I thought that the uncensor patch doesn't restore the breast slider.

12. Eduardo Ferreira

Eduardo Ferreira Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Can I do this with the Loadiine version?
    I downloaded the version of Loadiine (uncensored) at a time and wanted to convert it to USB Install.
    If I do the pack process with this version of Loadiine, can I install on the External HD and play with Sig Patches?

Does NUSpacker have a 2GB limit?

13. makke007
    OP

makke007 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You can note that when you get to Lin and some of the Outfits. Or if you also changed the Dub to Japanese you will notice right away. The BReasts are only doable with XCXGecko and modyfying the Savegame to a higher Breast Value.

Yea this is what this tutorial is for. You can install it on your HDD afterwards.
    Nuspacker packs up to 4 GB into one File since thats the maximum for FAT32. It does everything automaticly tho.

Eduardo Ferreira likes this.
  14. Zeonis

Zeonis Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    Is there a way to patch the game if it is already loadiine ready? Also I have a undub and uncensored loadiine ready copy that does not have the latest update cause it is 1.00E. Is there a way for me to update it?
    Edit: I figured out the answers to my questions. Thanks for the tutorial. It took me a long time to figure it all out but I got it now.

Last edited by Zeonis, Feb 14, 2017
  15. Zeonis

Zeonis Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    I just wanted to say that the US version seems to be working fine for me. I only did the uncensor patch though and not the undub. I would think it would still work though if undubbed.

16. Feizus

Feizus Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Yugoslavia
    When trying to install undub version Xenoblade Chronicles in cfwbooter/mocha with WUP installer I get, "install error code 0xfffbf3e4, verify title.tik and WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig". Other FakeSign games are installed normally.

What am I doing wrong?

17. Feizus

Feizus Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Yugoslavia
    Solved a problem.

18. Zeonis

Zeonis Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    What was the problem?

19. Feizus

Feizus Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Yugoslavia
    The title.tik file must not be empty. If it is empty, you need to repeat the operation with NUSPacker again.

20. skins20

skins20 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    Argentina
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i have that errors---help! After that error begins the worst procedure then stops and And show me this(picture 2)the "space ravel.dff" Is in the "code" folder of the game.

Last edited by skins20, Mar 11, 2017