Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles Hype Thread!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
is this good news?
Homs, Mechons & The Monado Blade. pics added,
to Nintendo facebook AND

Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles headed to North America on April 3, 2012

xenobladegslisting530pxheaderimg.jpg
Despite Nintendo's many attempts to dissuade your unshakeable confidence that, yes, eventually, Xenoblade Chronicles would arrive on North American Nintendo Wiis, it seems strong will may pay off. An image posted on gaming forum Neogaf shows what appears to be a listing from GameStop's internal point of sale system with an April 3, 2012 launch date attached.

Strangely -- and further confirming the listing's legitimacy -- is a little note next to the listing which says it'll be, "GS [GameStop] Exclusive." Could the game be arriving only at GameStop locations in North America and eschewing other retailers? Is this just a retailer-specific version? It's unfortunately unclear. More bizarrely, Nintendo's Facebook account seems to be hinting at a forthcoming announcement, with the sudden addition of new artwork from the game.

Much ballyhoo was made earlier this year by Wii-owning RPG enthusiasts when Nintendo of America initially indicated the title wouldn't be released in North America, eventually inciting a series of events ("Project Rainfall") meant to get NoA's attention about the outcry. The other two games that fans requested from Nintendo in that campaign, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, remain without launch windows in North America.

We've contacted Nintendo and GameStop for comment, but expect we won't hear anything until one of the two decides to make this listing more official.

[Image credit: Neogaf]
Source: Neogaf

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just beat Egil.... and I was not prepared for nearly 2 1/2 hours of freaking cut scenes. Holy freaking crap. That was insane, and I had to piss so freaking bad. Jeeze, I'm glad that is over and done with. I hope I don't have to go through that much cut scenes again. I was wanting to drive an ice pick through my skull.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is saying no you don't want to buy the prima strategy guide that hard? :P But yeah, it does get tedious saying that every time you buy a new game.

I wonder if the US version will have the UK localization or a new one. Judging by the trailer[1] I think it's the same as the UK one (only played the game for an hour or two so far so not actually familiar enough to tell). Likely that they'd not fresh vocal recordings for a game they're so apprehensive about releasing.

[1] http://kotaku.com/5864593/celebrate-xenoblade-chronicles-impeding-north-american-release-with-a-trailer?autoplay

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
As an 2nd-language english speaking dude, I dont think Ill ever understand the need to use different voices for UK and US games.
Sure there are differences, but to me they seem so small it really doesnt make any difference. Also, Reyn with brittish accent FTW! :D "aww cmon, 'ats not fair!"

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
After dealing with 2 1/2 hours of cut scenes, I'm taking a vacation away from this game. I might never bother to pick it up again. The game pissed me off. It would not have been a problem if I was living in my mother's basement, but when I need to deal with my kids but I am so suck into a story line that I am unable to save it so I can deal with my kids... yeah, I don't want it to happen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: