Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no. that undub beta was handmade, and not with the patcher. movies in undub beta are japanese with english subs.
Yep, that's right, you can use that version if you don't want to patch the game for yourself.

By the way, I was finaly about to use the V2 patch, but the V3 just came in! You rule guys!

EDIT:I ran the patch 2 times with the same error (Xenoprob.jpg). It seems pc273312.casmt cannot be accessed and pc273315.camdo be built because of that... Does anyone know about this issue?

EDIT2: I managed to make it work in safe mode until the point where the file that could not be accessed was "done" (Xenoprob2.jpg). But I think it's okay to move to the next step.

I really don't know where that error is coming from, I had it right at the start with the old batch files but it shouldn't appear anymore now. I'll try a few things later and send you a pm with a version to test, if anyone has that error too, you can try to manually pack the cpks with "cpkmakec.exe work/work2(replace with what you need, work is snd and work2 is chr_pc) path\to\topatch\snd.cpk/chr_pc.cpk -align=2048 -mode=FILENAME".

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems this BETA iso was made with the V2 patch. Movies were added in the V3.

Well that undub mentioned movies, so I assume they were added there as well. It also mentions a bunch of missing voices though, curious if those are fixed in the V3 or if they have the same issue. Also not really sure which is the more "complete" version so to speak with less bugs and missing stuff.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
this would be good together with an uncensored patch and firmware spoof(be able to play this game on 5.3.2 lower) or sumthin..

rsyatagarasu

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is silly question, but once I run the patch, do I just put the files in 'topatch' onto my SD card? What about the 'work' + 'work2' folders and few other files created using the patch? Do I do anything with them? Thanks

Nikoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to make the US version run on JAP consoles
which files should I rename from US to JP and en to ja
please help I want to play xenoblade x in English like what I did to my US games such as Mk8, SMB3DW, Pokken Tournament, & Super Mario Maker etc.

H.S

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is silly question, but once I run the patch, do I just put the files in 'topatch' onto my SD card? What about the 'work' + 'work2' folders and few other files created using the patch? Do I do anything with them? Thanks

Seconding this. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do at this point in the patching process.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seconding this. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do at this point in the patching process.
Same here, no one seems to mention what to do with the work and work2 folders, or how to copy and where to in the game files.
A little info for that would be greatly appreciated.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, I'm sorry, didn't think that this is a problem :/
You have to merge the "topatch" folder with your loadiine/cafiine "content" folder, but I'm not sure why you still have these other folders, they should've been removed if the patcher was successful(and they were when I did my test runs). Do you have the latest version?

H.S

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. I think the patcher wasn't successful for me, then.

I suspect that the Japanese copy I found was incomplete, since it seems to be lacking several files in the main directory compared to the USA version of the game, not to mention that the chr_en.cpk file wouldn't extract properly in the Japanese version I have.

H.S

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the latest version?

I forgot to answer this. I'm running v3 of the patcher.

I went and got a complete version of the Japanese version, but the patcher still froze at the same spot. I then tried getting a different version of the English version, but experienced the same problem. I ended up just getting the prepatched version of the undub that's floating around on the internet, so now everything's working fine for me.

Also, I wanted to say thanks to all the people in this thread who helped contribute the undub + uncensored version.

Reactions: aracom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock