GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if 360 was free. I would get that instead of the PS3, but I like PS3's exclusives and I didn't know anything about PS3 games since I didn't research it yet I got one as a Christmas gift. Also I know more people with a PS3 than 360 so my choice would have been obvious either way.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, this topic where people need to force others to believe that they got the better console. I use a 360 so I guess I have to convince everyone that the Xbox is better so I know I got my money's worth. Xbox is better, fact.

I think I did well.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PS3. "Better" (i.e stronger) hardware, easy flashing thanks to the E3Flasher (thanks to which you can always switch between the latest firmware and a CFW), homebrew (pretty much absent on the 360), free PSN (compared to LIVE, already a big advantage).

So yeah, voted PS3.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Where is the PC option?

I never did and I never will own a PS3.
I own a 360 and I cant really vote for that since I am getting bored of it.
So I voted for the PS3 because it has all the games I want really.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted PS3 for the simple reason that the exclusives appeal to me more than the 360 not because 360 isn't a good console. Also it seems recently that there aren't any good exclusives for 360 (I think the last good one came out in September?) coming out. PS3 continues to get a constant flow of exclusives, while it seems 360 continues to get multiplatform games or casual games for kinect...

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox 360 was my vote. The big factor to me, the Xbox 360 controller is hands down the best controller for any gaming on any platform... the PS3 controller is too small, too light and I don't like the thumb stick placement. Game selection, retail and downloadable (Xbox Live Arcade and Xbox Live Indie Games) is so much better then PS3. I own 70+ downloadable titles on Xbox Live, I haven't found that many on PS3 that I'd be interested in. Don't get me wrong there are some PS3 exclusives that have me interested (Little Big Planet, ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain), but there hasn't been enough to make me switch over to the PS3.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I prefer the PS3 exclusives over the Xbox ones, and that is the major deciding factor here. LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, etc. are all relatively different from the typical mainstream titles being pumped out into the market. I love Halo on Xbox, it's pretty darn addictive, but in all honesty, the PS3 game library has my vote. PSN, which isn't as good as the premium Xbox Live, is free, and you can't really argue about something being poorer in quality when one is free and the other is a paid premium. The differences aren't that dramatic, just some features missing from the PSN. Hardware wise, the PS3 can do more out of the box, which comes to another benefit in multi-media playing. I fully understand why some may prefer the Xbox 360. My personal opinion is that the PS3 edges out the Xbox 360 slightly in terms of features, so one vote for PS3 here.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
I wont lie, I didn't read a single comment. I did vote for the 360 however. I was shocked when I saw the results. As gamers I can not believe that any of you would be willing to give Sony a penny of your hard earned cash after what they have done in the last year. I do not get how people can still support them after the way they treated their average customer.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 for exclusives.
Seriously the games you want to play will probably be multiplatform but once you start playing those exclusives you will be hooked.
You can't even get a decent MLB game on any console besides PS3(2k Baseball is absolute shit its not even playable after you play The Show not to mention RTTS mode is addictive).
I also think the controller is awesome probably because I have small hands it just feels more natural to me and the 360 controller cramps my hand.
Also PSN membership is free unless you want +(Plus) which isn't really that great I assume.
Also its great for Bluray and DVDs I don't personally watch Bluray movies on my PS3 but for you it might be worth it.

So yeah exclusives and free online so I vote PS3.

ALTHOUGH THE XBOX HAS GOOD EXCLUSIVES(GoW,Halo)
I still enjoy the PS3 ones more.

PS3>Xbox 360.

D

Deleted-236924

I wont lie, I didn't read a single comment. I did vote for the 360 however. I was shocked when I saw the results. As gamers I can not believe that any of you would be willing to give Sony a penny of your hard earned cash after what they have done in the last year. I do not get how people can still support them after the way they treated their average customer.
Following your advice would be like shooting ourselves to the knee with an arrow.

Reactions: 1 person

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Following your advice would be like shooting ourselves to the knee with an arrow.

If you consider missing a couple of exclusives that are average at best, and a console that still has yet to take full advantage of the blu-ray format that they exclusively have shooting yourself, sure. For the record I own a PS3,(purchased second hand)I will never give Sony a penny again.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you consider missing a couple of exclusives that are average at best, and a console that still has yet to take full advantage of the blu-ray format that they exclusively have shooting yourself, sure. For the record I own a PS3,(purchased second hand)I will never give Sony a penny again.

Because fitting large, almost 50GB games on a single disc isn't "taking advantage of the format"? Final Fantasy XIII is rather large and is like 3 Xbox 360 discs. It's one Bluray disc. Same with Mass Effect 2 (one Bluray, two Xbox 360 discs), Battlefield 3 (same as ME2) and most other large size multiplats.

Also, how large is MGS4 again? Like 50GB or something? How is that not taking advantage of the larger storage capacity of the format? How is not marketing it to families and "casuals" as a multimedia system (with Bluray player capabilities front and center) not taking advantage of the format?

Their business ethic is rather questionable but as long as they make a product that pleases me, I will pay them money. They are simply luxuries, I never got the complaining about their "bad ethic" when they're in a simply useless industry that only feeds on disposable income. It's not like they dominate key markets like food and clothing. It's goddamn video games and electronics.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is much more to the Blu-Ray format then just the size of the disk. I will leave at that now cause I wont be getting into a console fight, I just wanted to state my opinion.

Well it's supposedly slower (hence the required data installs for a lot of games) but generally I thought most other features were attributed to its larger size (like increase in quality and such). I'm no real expert though.

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I've played with a PS3 and Xbox, and PS3 > Xbox. Sorry for any bias that may show.

PS3 Pros
  • Bluray (for example, FF13 is on three DVDs for the Xbox, while FF13 is on one Bluray)
  • Better exclusives/better future (as far as next year goes, Xbox has Alan Wake and Halo 4 to look forward to. PS3 has Twisted Metal, The Last Guardian (hopefully), Ni no Kuni, Starhawk, The Last of Us, Tales of Graces F, and Sly 4).
  • Free online, 'nuff said.
  • Built in controller charging
  • No disk scratching
  • More secure?
  • More open to developers (Portal 2 for example)
PS3 Cons
  • Installing games.
  • No background music playing.
  • Controllers, supposedly.
  • No cross game chat (now that Vita has it, PS4 guaranteed).
Xbox Pros
  • Cross game chat
  • They bribe with money
  • Better indie support
  • Easier to develop for
  • Multiplats better on Xbox?
  • Better controller supposedly.
Xbox Cons
  • Sixty dollar online.
  • Ads, ads everywhere.
  • Below 13 year old kids (although PS3 has it's fair share, at least they don't have a mic)
  • Disk scratching
  • RRoD (I know it's pretty much fixed, but...)
  • FUTURE LOOKS LIKE SHIT. The tables have turned, haven't they?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another one of these topics.

The best console is dependent on what games are on that console, as without them the console is nothing. It's also up to customer preference. My friend likes shooters; he games on a 360, as that thing's an FPS machine. I like RPGs; I'm mostly on the PS3 (though I've got every system). Now, in terms of design and power, I'd say the PS3 wins, but the 360 is better at memory management (and security :P) Also, the PS3's blu-ray drive is locked at a slow disc speed, which is why so many games need data installs to effectively run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo