EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Depends on your components and if you can build it yourself.
My current PC cost 500 bucks and has roughly the same power a PS4 has. Just that I use DDR3.
So far I have yet to find a game I can't play in the best possible graphical setting and I saw nothing at E3 my PC couldn't handle. I also run windows 7 btw.
the difference here is that I can always upgrade my PC for cheap instead of needing a new console.

I am an avid console gamer. I have a PS3, a wii, Wii U and a 3ds. I had a 360 until it got the RROD as well. As somebody who never plays online or multiplayer and prefers single player this setup works for me. if a game doesn't come to ps3 or nintendo systems I get the PC version. sure, I miss out on exclusives for MS consoles but since I LOATHE shooters there is nothing for me to miss anyway :)

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IMO, whats funny isn't that they used a PC to play these games (hw difference is minimal since the switch to x86 architecture), but that they used Windows 7 for it, not the new Windows 8. Guess even MS doesn't like its new OS xD

Reactions: Metoroid0

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You know what makes this worse, the computers were running Windows 7 and not Windows 8!
Damn M$, if you are going to have faith in your products, at least use your latest products!

loco365

Trophies
XP
I find this pretty funny. At least Nintendo used hardwired Wii U controllers at E3 last year while they fixed the sync issues they had.

But hey - at least emulation is possible for the xbox one.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Depends on your components and if you can build it yourself.
My current PC cost 500 bucks and has roughly the same power a PS4 has. Just that I use DDR3.
So far I have yet to find a game I can't play in the best possible graphical setting and I saw nothing at E3 my PC couldn't handle. I also run windows 7 btw.
the difference here is that I can always upgrade my PC for cheap instead of needing a new console.

I am an avid console gamer. I have a PS3, a wii, Wii U and a 3ds. I had a 360 until it got the RROD as well. As somebody who never plays online or multiplayer and prefers single player this setup works for me. if a game doesn't come to ps3 or nintendo systems I get the PC version. sure, I miss out on exclusives for MS consoles but since I LOATHE shooters there is nothing for me to miss anyway :)

Can you tell me what are your PC specs? :)

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you think "oh all games at E3 were running on PC one way or the other" think about it, the PCs used to run the Xbone demos where roughly 3X the power of the expected retail specs, usually dev kits aren't suppose to be that powerful, ps3 and 360 dev kits just had double the RAM over their retail counter-parts but me thinks either the games are abysmally optimized or they really were just slightly tweaked pc games these poor saps were playing at the show floor

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is no Emulator and the idea that there is one is riddiculous. The XBone uses PC architecture, no emulator needed thats the whole point of the system...

Also, my PC specs without going into too much details:
Asus Mainboard (the oldest part in the PC not even sure which one)
Quad Core CPU (775 socket due to the mainboard being old)
Geforce GTX 570 (upgraded from geforce 9800GT which would probably still play MOST games perfectly)
8GB DDR3 Ram (upgraded from 6GB DDR2 - not a big push but i need it for video editing)
4*500GB SATA drives (cheaper than fewer larger drives, at least where I live)

i got an external USB audio device for editing my music so there is no soundcard here but most modern soundcards are very cheap and support surround. i listed a few of my older components i used until earlier this year. the only reason i upgraded was my video editing, for gaming my old components were fine for MOST games :)

Reactions: Metoroid0

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have that emulator. They're obviously running an Xbone emulator if they're using different hardware.
They're not using different hardware though. It's the same CPU architecture and modern-day consoles use graphical APIs instead of direct hardware calls.

Furthermore they're the devs, they have the source, they can just port it.

Reactions: ferofax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol