"Xbox 720" about to begin into Development?

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Kinect has already lost ALL of its steam from the "board game effect" the wii had, and totally fucked up by delivering less core titles to a demanding market on the 360.
Call of Duty doesn't count goddammit.

It's also been years since the 360 debuted, and there's a good chance the wii's successor is on its way.

It's time.
Am I crazy for imaging this coming out of some king's mouth and him rising from the throne dramatically saying "It's time."? lol

But Gears of War 3 isn't here yet :-/ I wanna get at least a year and a half sucked out of it
frown.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
The next xbox will not be called the 720. Has Nelson already revealed and Microsoft comfirmed, the 720 was the top secret code name for the Xbox 360 slim.
People don't call it 720 because it was the codename for the slim, they did it for a much more obvious reason.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Eh, the Xbox 360 could easily last a few more years, at least until Sony starts the PS4.
I dunno. Even then, I think they could survive. Mainstream gamers go gaga for the Xbox.
Where did you get your definition of mainstream gamers from?

Never bought any xboxs so yea...
tongue.gif

I like how this was the next video.
tongue.gif

[youtube]Ckg_NDjVVE8[/youtube]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Kinect has already lost ALL of its steam from the "board game effect" the wii had, and totally fucked up by delivering less core titles to a demanding market on the 360.
Call of Duty doesn't count goddammit.

It's also been years since the 360 debuted, and there's a good chance the wii's successor is on its way.

It's time.

What's this "board game effect" you're talking about? Is it like the pushing of family titles over core titles? Just wondering.

Call of Duty still sells a bagillion zillion copies every year. As much as people hate the games they sell like fucking crack.

Right now I feel like this generation is in a kinda Wild West showdown. They're all waiting for the other one too draw but once of them does draw, all the shooting will start. If Nintendo announces a successor, you'll see the competition firing out their new consoles too. Same goes for Microsoft and Sony. It's just a big waiting game.

Z

Zorua

Rock Raiyu said:
Am I the only one that wants and is looking forward to 8th gen?

Nope. I am looking forward to 8th gen too!
smile.gif

I wanna dispose off my PS3 and 360 and get something new. It's been a while now.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Zorua said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Am I the only one that wants and is looking forward to 8th gen?

Nope. I am looking forward to 8th gen too!
smile.gif

I wanna dispose off my PS3 and 360 and get something new. It's been a while now.
well the be honest their not going to be much different than they are now.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think M$ will announce it in 2013 or 2014. Due to the PS3's 10 year lifespan, it's not like they can simply focus on the new XBOX and abandon the 360, especially now with the kinect. Also nintendo won't be releasing any new console for thetime being, so they still have time to work on X720.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't this a bit too late for development? I mean, the development of the PS3 started before the release date of the PS2..

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Research and development take a long time, people need to understand this. The 360 and PS3 currently have a reasonable life span and are still able to compete with desktops for graphics processing and gaming performance. Will it be the same in another 3 years? Probably not considering the fact that PC's are now capable of doing substantially more video performance with top end graphics then the consoles are doing, but it's not so substantial that it is impossible to make a game look as good on a console as it does on a top end gaming computer. This is ultimately where things lie with consoles, the next generation will probably not be such a giant leap forward in technology over the current consoles. I mean, you can't really go from the previous generation in the PS2 and Xbox to what the 360 and PS3 have in terms of performance leap, which was HUGE for it's time.

Of course they are going to start working on a new console now, even if they release it in 3 years, that is still a few years to design something that will be on par with gaming computers on the market in the next 3-5 years, which ultimately won't be tons more powerful then they are now as graphics processing is not making as many big steps forwards in performance.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FAST6191 said:
"about to begin"

If the development (even if they just kept a couple of engineers and others as a think tank / futurist type project) did not start years ago I would say MS dropped the ball in a huge way (as in brace for a "sell sell sell" call)- I see forecasts up to around the decade mark at minimum for graphics technologies, chip technologies and a myriad of other useful fields to the would be console manufacturer.

So so true, it would surprise me if they haven't had any ideas yet for the 720 and didn't start researching about it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this guy.
"I want the amazing graphics technology from the PC. The PC Gamers can upgrade their systems but I can't upgrade my console so I want MS, Sony etc. to release a new system"
Uhm...get a PC if you really wanna keep up.

New Xbox in 2 years? Yeah that's fairly likely. The current Xbox hardware is about 6 years old now, its really getting on a bit.
New Playstation in 2 years? Nah. Sony are far to proud of the black grill. It cost $599 originally, they want it to last longer. And once the multiplatform of the 360 moves out of the way maybe we'll see its extra power used a bit more as the games are specifically coded for the PS3 rather than designed to be easily ported to or from the 360.
New Nintendo system in 2 years? I hope to hell this happens. The Wii is TERRIBLY outdated now. It needs an upgrade.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they'll keep the medium(DVDs) the same, possibly upgrading to Blu-Ray, but more than anything if they boosted the Xbox to PS3 levels if not beyond that, they'd have a good console on their hands.

I honestly can't imagine how developers are going to push the 360 past the graphical greats that are Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemption, and Gears of War 3 (I feel like I'm forgetting another game).

The problem is though, every time the console generation leaps forward, the prices of games leaps as well. PS2 games used to cost $50 brand new. Xbox 360 games and PS3 games cost $60 new. This is pretty invariable, and the price has never gone down. This creates the issue of, with all the money I'm spending on these games, I could save $30 of it (most of the time), buy the PC version, and save for better PC hardware instead of buying an Xbox/PS3 every few years that can't handle the same games.

Microsoft and Sony could fix this with a downloading service similar to Steam for consoles. Naysayers will bring up the PSP Go, but I think the main problems with the Go are broken promises.

As for the "720" being too soon, I disagree. They're just now beginning development, which means it'll be years before they do anything with it. The Xbox 360 began development in 2003, and it wasn't until late 2005 before anything came of it. Unless Sony makes a move too soon, Microsoft will spend more time creating and designing the device.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ps3 guys said 10 more years after its release but it seems the games on the xbox are getting repetitive, i dont think so actually. Maybe there are some flaws that prevent the developers from making extra ordinary or special games that are available on the ps3
or maybe it just that they want to be in continuous movement ie. after kinect we think about another thing (console)
not a bad idea still cuz 2013 is quite far and who knows how man more good games will come out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back