"Xbox 720" about to begin into Development?

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
and why didn't you count PSX or PS2?
PS2 has been in the market over 10 years now...and if my memory doesn't fail to respond i remember publishers making still games for it last year
Not to intrude much on what you guys are speaking of but isn't that how things usually work? Even after a successor there are still games that trickle out for the previous system. Their "end" is usually counted when the next console is released but we should all know it's not usually the end until games are finished being published for it.

Plus I'm sure he had a good reason for excluding Sony
tongue.gif

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sony fanboy-much?
still microsoft ain't nintendo
and if i recall right,XBOX 1 ended because it didn't have much support as GCN and PS2 had,and because those 2 were moving on,so MS had to move on too,but no one is moving on so far,so why should microsoft step ahead?they're doing great with the 360 right now you know?
at least in USA,XBOX360 is like the ps2 over japan(and how it pretty much used to be here too)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
sony fanboy-much?
still microsoft ain't nintendo
and if i recall right,XBOX 1 ended because it didn't have much support as GCN and PS2 had,and because those 2 were moving on,so MS had to move on too,but no one is moving on so far,so why should microsoft step ahead?they're doing great with the 360 right now you know?
at least in USA,XBOX360 is like the ps2 over japan(and how it pretty much used to be here too)
Well still, we count the release of the next generation of that franchise as the end of that console.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
not quite the end...it's just a warning that they may stop making games for it,but not the end,look at the ps2
tongue.gif
I don't know if you're understanding what he's trying to say....

The "beginning" is usually the date the console releases while the "end" is usually when the next generation version of it is released. We know it's not really the end but in a way it's considered that.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I refer to the years of consoles, I'm really referring to their "boom years", or the time between the console's first successful year, be it the launch year or a little later, to the launch of said console's successor.

The PS1's "boom years" were pretty much from 1995-2000, though it was launched in 1994, it was late in the year and closer to '95 and the PS2 launched in 2000. The PS2, though without a doubt incredibly successful, still had its boom years from 2000-2006, with a few more high-profile games being made after that were truly the swan songs of the console and its capabilities (like Okami and GOW2), but hey, PS3 was out in 2006, so that was the end of the PS2's lifespan as the company's current top-of-the-line console.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
i did understand it,but still,you guys can't just call it end if it's not done yet,so there's no sense in that statement
It's not just us, it's the correct way of measuring a consoles' reign. Besides, you're thinking of the death of console, not the end.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
oh now i see...not much in to console lifespan lol
so i bought my 360 for nothing then?
No. As I posted, the next gen console is supposedly about to begin development. At this point they're looking for people and concepts. The 360 is doing fine now and with the Kinect out I don't think we'll be getting the next console for some time now. Maybe a reveal 2013 or so on.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
oh now i see...not much in to console lifespan lol
so i bought my 360 for nothing then?
Not Necessarily. This isn't an announcement, so I'd give it at least a year or two for a widely spread rumor, and at least another half of a year for an announcement. And even after the 720 is released, games will still be released for the 360 (therefore, it would still be "alive"). Having said all of that, I doubt it will be alive nearly as long as the PS2 was/is after the PS3 was released.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
haha kind of offtopic,but if you guys wanna add me on XBL
my GT's are soilxkirax and GearsDestroya

On Topic: well yeah,i personally want that too,like i said it would be so sad if it were announced next or in 2013

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
haha kind of offtopic,but if you guys wanna add me on XBL
my GT's are soilxkirax and GearsDestroya

On Topic: well yeah,i personally want that too,like i said it would be so sad if it were announced next or in 2013
It's fine. I don't play much and usually just browse Netflix most of the time
GT: II NeBulA II
... if you want to add me.

I wouldn't worry about an announcement though. I expect one in maybe 2013 but just because they announce it or reveal it, it doesn't mean it's guaranteed to come out the same year or around that time
tongue.gif
With Kinect being glorified at the moment, I think you have plenty of time to enjoy your 360.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next xbox will not be called the 720. Has Nelson already revealed and Microsoft comfirmed, the 720 was the top secret code name for the Xbox 360 slim.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
The next xbox will not be called the 720. Has Nelson already revealed and Microsoft comfirmed, the 720 was the top secret code name for the Xbox 360 slim.
That's known... There's no official name so it's just something to call it for now.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kinect has already lost ALL of its steam from the "board game effect" the wii had, and totally fucked up by delivering less core titles to a demanding market on the 360.
Call of Duty doesn't count goddammit.

It's also been years since the 360 debuted, and there's a good chance the wii's successor is on its way.

It's time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.