Gaming XBL Minecraft different than XB360 Minecraft?

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We bought the XBL Minecraft awhile back.. Now we see there is a disc version coming out..
Are there any differences? Hope I didn't buy a limited version..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No.
Their both the same, other then the disc based version already having the latest applied updates (would make sense)

Other then that, their exactly the same.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The disc one is for people that don't do XBL/market stuff... which seems stupid when you remember that Minecraft is better multiplayer and updates are a great aspect, but makes sense if people just don't want to buy the game online, they just want to buy it offline but still get the updates and stuff. Some people don't trust modern console online buying magic pixie-dust stuff get off my lawn you crazy kids etc.

Reactions: Snailface

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The disc one is for people that don't do XBL/market stuff... which seems stupid when you remember that Minecraft is better multiplayer and updates are a great aspect, but makes sense if people just don't want to buy the game online, they just want to buy it offline but still get the updates and stuff. Some people don't trust modern console online buying magic pixie-dust stuff get off my lawn you crazy kids etc.

I also don't get it why they release it as a disc.
It's exactly the same game, probably already including the last few TU's

What also might be a reason is that you can gift it to someone (like it is on the PC version)

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention SOME people have low bandwidth caps (example, the next tier down for my internet connection has a 4GB bandwidth cap (it's meant for grandmas who just check email), and some people can only afford that).

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XBL version has a fixed price that will remain that way with no discount anytime soon. The retail disk version is being sold at more locations so it has better opportunity to be discounted by a merchant along with used game sales.

For instance, TrU is having a 3 for $30 sale on games priced 14.99-19.99. That means I purchased the game for half of what it would cost me on XBL.

hkphooey

Trophies
XP
Country
Soooo basically the rip here is parents buy the game on disc for their kids to play without XBL and then after peer pressure for the DLC that the mates are getting they feel they have to go buy their kids a sub for XBL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rip off merchants!!!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it's online, yes you'll need a Gold subscription.
DLC is partially free (trial DLC)

It's not ripping off, it's just paying for the servers they keep in the air.
Well, that and it's a company.
Hey it's capitalism.
What else you expect?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o