Error 162-3006 when trying to update game (not system)

ro-rojas-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current issue: Minecraft game won't update. It doesn't seem to download anything just immediately gives me error code 162-3006

Some things I've done/how I got here/notes

- this is a secondary wiiu that I wanted to have as a backup incase my primary fails/breaks

- just trying to effectively mirror my primary wiiu

- I molded both primary and secondary. Seemed to go OK. Ended up with aroma on both

- made disk dump of minecraft from primary wiiu and installed to secondary

- made dump of minecraft updates and dlcs with dumpling and then converted to app files and installed to secondary wiiu

- minecraft wouldn't start (error code 199-9998)

- removed all minecraft content

- reinstalled minecraft disk dump

- tried to let it update via internet... would download then fail on install with error 105-3106

- removed all minecraft content again

- tried to run directly from the disc itself. It wanted to update. Now fails with 162-0006

- reset the console and booted without sdcard in (so should not be doing any hacks at this point)

- tried again to run/install from disc... now fails with code 162-3006

Now, things I have tried...

- turned off all dns blocking on my network

- tried different dns servers entirely (8.8.8.8 and 9.9.9.9 and the ones provided by my isp)

- tried both wifi and ethernet adapter

It has occurred to me that I do not know if this secondary wiiu already was hacked/modded before I started.

Also because I either didn't pay attention or the aroma guide needs updating, the disc dump, update dump, and dlc dump were made without sigpatches in the right place.

Edit: just tried to pop on mariokart 8 disc and it seems to be updating just fine (or at least doesn't kick an immediate error message)

Edit2: mariokart 8 indeed did work just fine. So did botw. So this is somehow an issue confined to minecraft.
Post automatically merged:

Update: crazy enough, I ran ticket cleaner and it resolved the error.

Last edited by ro-rojas-,

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Current issue: Minecraft game won't update. It doesn't seem to download anything just immediately gives me error code 162-3006

Some things I've done/how I got here/notes

- this is a secondary wiiu that I wanted to have as a backup incase my primary fails/breaks

- just trying to effectively mirror my primary wiiu

- I molded both primary and secondary. Seemed to go OK. Ended up with aroma on both

- made disk dump of minecraft from primary wiiu and installed to secondary

- made dump of minecraft updates and dlcs with dumpling and then converted to app files and installed to secondary wiiu

- removed all minecraft content

- reinstalled minecraft disk dump

- tried to let it update via internet... would download then fail on install with error 105-3106

- removed all minecraft content again

- tried to run directly from the disc itself. It wanted to update. Now fails with 162-0006

- reset the console and booted without sdcard in (so should not be doing any hacks at this point)

- tried again to run/install from disc... now fails with code 162-3006

Now, things I have tried...

- turned off all dns blocking on my network

- tried different dns servers entirely (8.8.8.8 and 9.9.9.9 and the ones provided by my isp)

- tried both wifi and ethernet adapter

It has occurred to me that I do not know if this secondary wiiu already was hacked/modded before I started.

Also because I either didn't pay attention or the aroma guide needs updating, the disc dump, update dump, and dlc dump were made without sigpatches in the right place.

Edit: just tried to pop on mariokart 8 disc and it seems to be updating just fine (or at least doesn't kick an immediate error message)

Edit2: mariokart 8 indeed did work just fine. So did botw. So this is somehow an issue confined to minecraft.
Post automatically merged:

Update: crazy enough, I ran ticket cleaner and it resolved the error.
your update folder is deleted use ufdiine to recovery update folder on wiiu to work normaly again this update console error in 99% use my tutorial to update your wiiu with nusplii https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ny-error-105-3012-162-3006-definitive.639189/

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You probably messed up tickets by installing content glued to another console. In other words: You can't dump content from console A, then install on B.

To fix this mess:
1) Uninstall everything Minecraft related (the game, update and DLC)
2) Run https://hb-app.store/wiiu/TicketCleaner
3) Dump the disc with https://hb-app.store/wiiu/wudd
4) Install the dump from 3) on console B
5) Try to launch it. If it works continue, if not we need to see what's wrong now...
6) It should have done an update at 5) already
7) Download and install the DLC with NUSspli. There is no way to optain it legally anymore and as you noted dumping it from console A won't work

//EDIT: Yes, here we clearly see the ticket mess:

So both, update and DLC have invalid tickets (which the Wii U will never delete, not even when factory resetting, hence you need the ticket cleaner) and 199-9999 (guess the 8 was just a typo) means exactly that.

//EDIT²:
That doesn't matter at all. You need the sigpatches to be able to run the DLC downloaded from NUSspli later on but for dumping discs? No sigpatches needed.

And yes, Aroma guide ignoring sigpatches is pretty bad. They say it's needed for injects only and UWUVCI guide covers it but I say there are more reasons one needs sigpatches than just injects AND there are more injectors than just UWUVCI.

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto